WOOOHOOOOOO

http://bbmobile.me/CBK2LEaBB

Edit: I tried to paste the link here but this forum HATES links apparently
    Last edited by the_boon; 12-04-18 at 10:55 AM.
    12-04-18 10:45 AM
    link doesn't work for me!
    12-04-18 10:47 AM
    Atomic Available at Best Buy-screenshot_20181204-174718.jpeg

Man I thought this phone was supposed to launch in the US for $449 for the 64gb model
    Last edited by the_boon; 12-04-18 at 11:02 AM.
    12-04-18 10:48 AM
    sure looks good in red.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-04-18 10:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181204-174718.jpeg 
Views:	252 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	441625

Man I thought this phone was supposed to launch in the US for $449 for the 64gb model
    At the moment we get a $50 premium for Champagne and Atomic.

Supply and demand.
    12-04-18 11:08 AM

Supply and demand.
    Is it the dual sim version? In the EU general consumer store, that's the only option available for the republican red version.
    12-04-18 12:03 PM
    Is it the dual sim version? In the EU general consumer store, that's the only option available for the republican red version.
    Yes.

Only the 3 Canadian carriers sell the single SIM version.
    12-04-18 12:08 PM
    Yes, looks like all 3 color variants sold at Best Buy are dual sim
    12-04-18 12:10 PM
    Yes, looks like all 3 color variants sold at Best Buy are dual sim
    Decent dual SIM BlackBerry PKB for $449 is a fair value, IMO. I'm sure some spec-heads will vehemently disagree. I hope they enjoy their phones.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-04-18 12:44 PM
    Decent dual SIM BlackBerry PKB for $449 is a fair value, IMO. I'm sure some spec-heads will vehemently disagree. I hope they enjoy their phones.

Except only the slate is at $449, the other two are at $499.

As for "spec heads"... well, to them, anything below an 845 is a snail processor that will have you chuck the phone across the room if it takes more than 0.1 second to load an app.
    12-04-18 01:54 PM
    Except only the slate is at $449, the other two are at $499.

As for "spec heads"... well, to them, anything below an 845 is a snail processor that will have you chuck the phone across the room if it takes more than 0.1 second to load an app.
    Slate is listed @ 399.99 here on US site. They are asking 100 premium for the Atomic or Champagne versions. Horrific marketing. I was just at my local Best Buy in Citrus Heights CA- suburb of Sacramento and they have the Slate on display for 649 and listed as the Key 2. I have told them on a couple occasions and they simply don't care. I even pulled up their site when on sale for 429. As noted currently listed online for 399. When it hits 349 I'll likely snag one. I like the keyboard and form factor for a PKB device.
    12-04-18 02:31 PM
    Slate is listed @ 399.99 here on US site.
    Only if you sign up for a plan. You're not comparing apples to apples. It's $449 outright.
    12-04-18 03:07 PM

Supply and demand.
    Supply maybe, demand, not so sure about that.
    gjh1978 and Bbfan1614 like this.
    12-04-18 08:20 PM
    Supply maybe, demand, not so sure about that.
    My guess is that supply is limited, too. Unlike BlackBerry of old, BlackBerry Mobile seems intent on making a profit at lower volumes.

12-05-18 07:52 AM
    My guess is that supply is limited, too. Unlike BlackBerry of old, BlackBerry Mobile seems intent on making a profit at lower volumes.

Right but how are they gonna meet their sales objective if they take forever to manufacture and distribute the damn things ?
    12-05-18 08:11 AM
    Just got me Arsenal FC Red LE from the B2B site, despite being told that it wasn't available. see my other thread.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-05-18 08:16 AM
    Just got me Arsenal FC Red LE from the B2B site, despite being told that it wasn't available. see my other thread.
    Congrats, hope you enjoy it
    12-05-18 08:21 AM

Well IMHO their business sense is arse backwards strongly believing it's doing more harm than good for the brand. But hey, it's their ship that they got to keep afloat not mine.
    12-05-18 07:00 PM
    Well IMHO their business sense is arse backwards strongly believing it's doing more harm than good for the brand. But hey, it's their ship that they got to keep afloat not mine.
    I think that they are getting great press with the coverage for each phone release and that no one outside of these forums is complaining about supply or price. To most of the world, BlackBerry is making a slow and steady comeback. Everyone who sees my KEYone Wants to play with it and loves it.

12-05-18 08:14 PM
    Slate is listed @ 399.99 here on US site. They are asking 100 premium for the Atomic or Champagne versions. Horrific marketing. I was just at my local Best Buy in Citrus Heights CA- suburb of Sacramento and they have the Slate on display for 649 and listed as the Key 2. I have told them on a couple occasions and they simply don't care. I even pulled up their site when on sale for 429. As noted currently listed online for 399. When it hits 349 I'll likely snag one. I like the keyboard and form factor for a PKB device.
    Same thing here in Glendale AZ. They have a K2 LE on display with a $649 K2 price tag. Been that way for me a month now. I finally asked one of the reps and he pointed up to the ceiling and said "you see that thing up there?" Pointing to some sparkling dome. "It scans the tags every night and for accuracy. We changed the tag on the LE and the scanner said it was wrong and we got tired of fighting it". WTF is that???

I also asked if they had a standard K2 or a K2 LE Atomic that I could see and he said no and blamed it on BlackBerry being "very stingy with display models".

I really don't know what to make of BesyBuy brick & mortar stores????
    12-05-18 10:14 PM
    Same thing here in Glendale AZ. They have a K2 LE on display with a $649 K2 price tag. Been that way for me a month now. I finally asked one of the reps and he pointed up to the ceiling and said "you see that thing up there?" Pointing to some sparkling dome. "It scans the tags every night and for accuracy. We changed the tag on the LE and the scanner said it was wrong and we got tired of fighting it". WTF is that???

I also asked if they had a standard K2 or a K2 LE Atomic that I could see and he said no and blamed it on BlackBerry being "very stingy with display models".

I really don't know what to make of BesyBuy brick & mortar stores????
    Haha this is ridiculous, nothing short of that Best Buy location being too lazy to make the damn changes.
    Just change the damn price tag from 649 to 449 FFS !!!!!!
    Would be funny if someone actually expects to pay 649 for it and then at the register looks at the machine and it says 449
    12-06-18 04:17 AM
    I think that they are getting great press with the coverage for each phone release and that no one outside of these forums is complaining about supply or price. To most of the world, BlackBerry is making a slow and steady comeback. Everyone who sees my KEYone Wants to play with it and loves it.

Personally not seeing much that amounts to "greatness". You wouldn't stand in a Timmy's drive-thru polling people as to whether they like the coffee to get the true perspective would you?

A company that seems content with delays, missed opportunities, overpricing - and now apparently charging extra for a colour LOL - ain't destine for success in my books. Failing to look outside the box by relying only on BB Loyalist to keep them afloat rather than finding ways to obtain new recruits isn't the way to go IMHO.

And that's awesome everyone who sees your KEYone wants to play with it and loves it. But would they buy one?
    Last edited by Elky64; 12-06-18 at 07:13 AM.
    12-06-18 05:32 AM
    Personally not seeing much that amounts to "greatness". You wouldn't stand in a Timmy's drive-thru polling people as to whether they like the coffee to get the true perspective would you?

A company that seems content with delays, missed opportunities, overpricing - and now apparently charging extra for a colour LOL - ain't destine for success in my books. Failing to look outside the box by relying only on BB Loyalist to keep them afloat rather than finding ways to obtain new recruit isn't the way to go IMHO.

And that's awesome everyone who sees your KEYone wants to play with it and loves it. But would they buy one?
    Gonna have to agree with your comment
    Elky64 likes this.
    12-06-18 07:06 AM

A company that seems content with delays, missed opportunities, overpricing - and now apparently charging extra for a colour LOL - ain't destine for success in my books. Failing to look outside the box by relying only on BB Loyalist to keep them afloat rather than finding ways to obtain new recruits isn't the way to go IMHO.

I think about 5% of the people who play with it are genuinely interested and would consider buying one.

But, my larger point is that BlackBerry Mobile simply isn't going to blow non BlackBerry users away until they've re-established the brand over at least three years. The game, for now, is just to be able to show consistent releases and get carriers interested enough to carry the devices. In the US, the carriers are the ballgame, so it really doesn't matter how many unlocked phones they sell so long as they don't lose so much money that they give up.

Also, for the record, I don't care whether they succeed or not, personally. Despite lots of progress on permission management notifications and security, I still find Android a mess of an operating system whose only real virtue is that it's more usable than iOS. I have been very happy with my BlackBerry Android phone, but I'm in no rush to get another Android of any flavor, and find myself using my phone less than I have since the first Palm Treo came out.

These days, I'll use a BB10 phone or grab my LTE laptop for most tasks, as it's not worth it to be slowed down on Android. Even though after 16 months I can navigate my KEYone without a second thought, I'm much less productive on it for almost every task except of course when I actually need an Android app for something I can't do on an almost stock BB10 phone, which isn't very often.

12-06-18 08:24 AM
    But, my larger point is that BlackBerry Mobile simply isn't going to blow non BlackBerry users away until they've re-established the brand over at least three years. The game, for now, is just to be able to show consistent releases and get carriers interested enough to carry the devices. In the US, the carriers are the ballgame, so it really doesn't matter how many unlocked phones they sell so long as they don't lose so much money that they give up.
    I totally understand most things aren't an overnight success taking time to establish, more difficult in this case too because of BB's past history which is a big hurdle to overcome in its own right. Yet what is BBMo/TCL really doing to help erase some of the negativity of the past in attempts to resurrect the brand, again? Not very much from what I am seeing which is why many people still refer to BBMo as “BlackBerry of old”?

When BBMo/TCL had a delay in the launch of the LE I thought “sh*t happens”. But when it did finally become available and they left out two of the most sought after colours, an instant red flag was raised. With today’s technologies and knowing TCL isn’t new to the mobile realm I do not buy, for one split second, there were any sort of manufacturing difficulties or their resources were limited. The way I see it, this was their feeble attempt at playing charades like the big boys which in this instance, isn’t the time or the place. Like I said before, they've had many opportunities that they seem content to swindle away. We won’t even get into the colour surcharge as that has just become icing on the cake, in a bad way.

Should have mentioned I'm very content with Android as an OS (my wife iOS) so no real issues there in regards to speed or functionality. This is coming from someone who was on the Windows Phone train-to-nowhere (still own thee), prior to WP it was again Android... could easily adapt to iOS if need be but since it's not my fav and we don't have too, we didn't.
    Last edited by Elky64; 12-06-18 at 03:42 PM.
    12-06-18 03:27 PM
47 12