To be more explicit, Key2 has to be provisioned as if the LE since the LE is certified, no?
    I am honestly not sure. You would have to refer to the Key2 threads to see how people have set it up. I believe it's just a question of getting a new SIM similar to the LE.
    11-22-18 04:02 PM
    Yes - the Key2 now works on Verizon as well. Check out the Key2 threads for many people who have activated it... Pretty much same challenges/configuration of the Key2 LE, although since the Key2 isn't certified with VZW there is technically no guarantee it will work in the future...
    I wouldn't state something works if you personally haven't tried it. Just because a few people posted it works doesn't mean much.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-18 11:46 PM
    I wouldn't state something works if you personally haven't tried it. Just because a few people posted it works doesn't mean much.

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying that if MANY people post that the Key2 works on Verizon by following certain steps that we should all ignore them and assume that it doesn't work until we try it ourselves? With your logic I can't believe anything I read that has been validated by many people without trying it myself. That seems very logical...

As I stated before, anyone considering trying it should look at all of the threads to see how others have gotten it working and follow their steps if they want to give it a try. I'm very comfortable posting that now with many people having gotten it working at this point.
    William Smith40 and bibbula like this.
    11-23-18 10:51 AM
    So you're saying that if MANY people post that the Key2 works on Verizon by following certain steps that we should all ignore them and assume that it doesn't work until we try it ourselves? With your logic I can't believe anything I read that has been validated by many people without trying it myself. That seems very logical...

As I stated before, anyone considering trying it should look at all of the threads to see how others have gotten it working and follow their steps if they want to give it a try. I'm very comfortable posting that now with many people having gotten it working at this point.
    The Key2 LE was certified and functions on VZW properly. The Key2 is not certified. The people that have gotten Key2 functioning on VZW did so by inserting a provisioned LE SIM card. If you don’t have a LE on VZW, I’m not sure how you’d be able to switch out SIM cards.
    11-23-18 02:21 PM

I never said that. If many people posted I wouldn't believe them either. It's not a matter of "belief". It either works or it doesn't. If a bunch of ppl post it works I'll take that into consideration if I choose to buy a Key2 for VZ.

Logic?

Posted via CB10
    William Smith40 likes this.
    11-23-18 06:35 PM
    My main issue is I use textra and have backed up and then transfer to the new device having done that a few times switching the keyone for issues (screen etc), I want the key2 LE but not if I can properly transfer the existing text messages I have. Not sure when textra will be able to work?
    11-24-18 02:23 AM
    For anyone interested in activating a Key2 (not a Key2 LE) check out the explanation in this thread by VJgamer on how to do it: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13312700
    11-24-18 10:52 AM
    So basically if you want to have a KEY2 on Verizon, you need to buy an LE also ? Loll
    11-24-18 11:40 AM
    So basically if you want to have a KEY2 on Verizon, you need to buy an LE also ? Loll
    That is NOT correct. Take a look at the link in my previous post for the steps to go through to activate a Key2...
    11-24-18 03:19 PM
    Right now it depends on your luck of the draw getting a new SIM card. I was able to get the second shop I visited to give me a SIM, which I provisioned properly with technical support over the phone, without having a KEY2 in hand. Never asked for the IMEI. But the first shop I visited wouldn't talk to me without giving them an approved IMEI.
    11-29-18 11:13 PM
    Text issues see my other posts
    12-29-18 02:01 PM
    a solution as I posted in another thread is to use https://messages.android.com with the google messaging app and scan the QR code (you have to select from app view messages from a computer), and all messages show and display correctly, and you can send and receive there as well, little trick is to use your phone browser so you dont have to use a computer to check messages. You have to go to this web page on your phone browser (chrome) and then take a pic of that QR code with another phone, and then open app and click 3 dots at top right and choose messages for web and have the other phone's picture and your set! now you can use your chrome browser in the key2 LE to view /send/receive messages. Tedious, it is but worth it until the next update.
    01-02-19 10:33 PM
    Sorry - I was hoping to confirm that this MMS bug for group texts (based on my understanding) is happening to ALL Key2 LE users who are on Verizon (even if they are using the built-in messaging app) vs being a bug that is only affected SOME Key2 LE users on Verizon? I am asking to be 100% sure because I am going to make my decision on whether to buy an LE now or wait until this bug is fixed based on this. I definitely don't want to be in a position where I can't receive group MMS messages, as I might receive some for business so that's a showstopper for me.

Thanks!
    01-06-19 05:01 PM
    Sorry - I was hoping to confirm that this MMS bug for group texts (based on my understanding) is happening to ALL Key2 LE users who are on Verizon (even if they are using the built-in messaging app) vs being a bug that is only affected SOME Key2 LE users on Verizon? I am asking to be 100% sure because I am going to make my decision on whether to buy an LE now or wait until this bug is fixed based on this. I definitely don't want to be in a position where I can't receive group MMS messages, as I might receive some for business so that's a showstopper for me.

Thanks!
    I mean I'm on Verizon and get mms messaging and texts so I don't know and you might have the issue with your unit
    01-06-19 05:56 PM
    I mean I'm on Verizon and get mms messaging and texts so I don't know and you might have the issue with your unit
    Thanks for the feedback. This entire thread was created because some people have NOT been able to receive MMS group messages (I believe) so it's good to know you're not having any problems. Is anyone else NOT having an issue with this? Just trying to figure out whether it's all LE phones or just some - thanks.
    01-06-19 06:59 PM
    to be clear the issue is a CONFIRMED issue with Blackberry Mobile due to last update. So if someone is receiving messages (group MMS, etc) it is haphazard at best, unless they are on a prior update and or a prior version. I am certainly having issues where I know the device is receiving the messages as they show in the hub, but not in the stock app, or any app i have tried to date (verizon, textra and google stock app)

The next update is going to clear this issue, so I would advise buying the phone as it is amazing, other than this small issue.
    01-06-19 07:16 PM
    to be clear the issue is a CONFIRMED issue with Blackberry Mobile due to last update. So if someone is receiving messages (group MMS, etc) it is haphazard at best, unless they are on a prior update and or a prior version. I am certainly having issues where I know the device is receiving the messages as they show in the hub, but not in the stock app, or any app i have tried to date (verizon, textra and google stock app)

The next update is going to clear this issue, so I would advise buying the phone as it is amazing, other than this small issue.
    Thanks for clarifying - I appreciate it. In fact I think the best thing to do is buy the LE and then NOT update the software until there is a fix. That way the MMS will work until there is an update where it is fixed...

Thanks again for the feedback - I appreciate it.
    01-06-19 08:17 PM
    I would suggest reading the myriad of posts and the fix that rectified this issue for other Verizon users.
    Can you perhaps provide a link to these other posts? That would be very helpful. I have not seen another post that provides a fix for getting MMS to work on third-party apps.
    01-07-19 05:12 PM
    a solution as I posted in another thread is to use https://messages.android.com with the google messaging app and scan the QR code (you have to select from app view messages from a computer), and all messages show and display correctly, and you can send and receive there as well, little trick is to use your phone browser so you dont have to use a computer to check messages. You have to go to this web page on your phone browser (chrome) and then take a pic of that QR code with another phone, and then open app and click 3 dots at top right and choose messages for web and have the other phone's picture and your set! now you can use your chrome browser in the key2 LE to view /send/receive messages. Tedious, it is but worth it until the next update.
    to be clear, this fix will not solve the issue of MMS not working in textra, right?
    01-07-19 05:19 PM
    Can you perhaps provide a link to these other posts? That would be very helpful. I have not seen another post that provides a fix for getting MMS to work on third-party apps.
    They are all under Key2 LE. What I have found to save you quite a bit of time is to delete the data under storage and restart the device as this forces it to get the messages again. For the Google messages, it is under Apps and Notifications and then messages and storage and delete data. That's it, nothing else constantly works. Again their will be an update that solves this issue. The other option was the MMS Service (system app) and deleting data there but I find it to not work all the time.
    01-07-19 06:04 PM
    Looks like after last update and switching to Textra everything is now working
    02-10-19 03:16 PM
46 12