Like a lot of other people, I have a KEY2 LE on Verizon and love it. However, I still can’t receive picture texts (MMS) on anything but Verizon’s Messages+ app. Wondering if anyone has been able to remedy this so that we can use a decent text app, like Textra?
    11-14-18 04:27 PM
    until this is fixed, i cant commit to LE. Id like to know if anyone solved this..
    11-14-18 08:52 PM
    until this is fixed, i cant commit to LE. Id like to know if anyone solved this..
    Same here. Sadly I might have to opted out of buying this device.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-18 10:40 PM
    I’m getting MMS messages using the stock messaging App on both my Key2 and Key2 LE. Both on Verizon
    11-15-18 12:57 AM
    Like a lot of other people, I have a KEY2 LE on Verizon and love it. However, I still can’t receive picture texts (MMS) on anything but Verizon’s Messages+ app. Wondering if anyone has been able to remedy this so that we can use a decent text app, like Textra?
    I would suggest reading the myriad of posts and the fix that rectified this issue for other Verizon users.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    11-15-18 01:35 AM
    I’m getting MMS messages using the stock messaging App on both my Key2 and Key2 LE. Both on Verizon
    Any reason why you own both phones? Just curious?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-18 08:25 AM
    Any reason why you own both phones? Just curious?

Posted via CB10
    I know you didn't ask me but I also own both lol.

I'm a fan of PKB's, what can I say.

That said, I think I'll sell off my iPhone SE + Typo combo, don't need that kind of compromising solution while BBMo's around
    11-15-18 08:32 AM
    I know you didn't ask me but I also own both lol.

I'm a fan of PKB's, what can I say.

That said, I think I'll sell off my iPhone SE + Typo combo, don't need that kind of compromising solution while BBMo's around
    Well the reason I ask is, is there any distinct difference in the two keyboards? I'm talking about the feel of it, the tactility and clickyness of keys etc.. I know the LE doesn't have capactivie technology and all, but I'm curious on the feel. Reason being is because usually there is a difference. I own both the AT&T Passport and Silver Passport and while they are essentially the same phone they aren't, their keyboards are very different and I enjoy the Silver Passports a lot more.

I played with the LE display model at Bestbuy and it looks like a great phone and the keyboard seems good. But I'm sure the Key2 keyboard might be even better? I'm not sure, help me on this.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-18 01:37 PM
    Well the reason I ask is, is there any distinct difference in the two keyboards? I'm talking about the feel of it, the tactility and clickyness of keys etc.. I know the LE doesn't have capactivie technology and all, but I'm curious on the feel. Reason being is because usually there is a difference. I own both the AT&T Passport and Silver Passport and while they are essentially the same phone they aren't, their keyboards are very different and I enjoy the Silver Passports a lot more.

I played with the LE display model at Bestbuy and it looks like a great phone and the keyboard seems good. But I'm sure the Key2 keyboard might be even better? I'm not sure, help me on this.

Posted via CB10
    For me, yes I find the KEY2's keyboard to be better overall than the LE (which makes complete sense as it's 200-250 cheaper).

The LE does have a more satisfying spacebar which clicks about the same as the other keys, and faster fingerprint reader.
    It also has a lighter weight which is definitely nice.

But the actual click of the keys is better on KEY2 (in my opinion), and the 10% size increase makes a difference.

I can still type very fast and accurately on both devices.

Up to you to see if the capacitive keyboard and the extra 500mAh of battery is worth the extra $ over the LE.

I wouldn't go back to the KEYone at this point, the keys are the smallest of the three and I don't like the glossy finish. The phone is also much heavier than the LE and gets more tiring to type on than the latter.
    11-16-18 12:47 AM
    For me, yes I find the KEY2's keyboard to be better overall than the LE (which makes complete sense as it's 200-250 cheaper).

The LE does have a more satisfying spacebar which clicks about the same as the other keys, and faster fingerprint reader.
    It also has a lighter weight which is definitely nice.

But the actual click of the keys is better on KEY2 (in my opinion), and the 10% size increase makes a difference.

I can still type very fast and accurately on both devices.

Up to you to see if the capacitive keyboard and the extra 500mAh of battery is worth the extra $ over the LE.

I wouldn't go back to the KEYone at this point, the keys are the smallest of the three and I don't like the glossy finish. The phone is also much heavier than the LE and gets more tiring to type on than the latter.
    I really appreciate this post.

I've never touched a Key2 but just by seeing videos the tactility/clickiness/utility of its keyboard looks like it resembles the Passport Silvers genetic code. Feels the same, looks the same as far as matte finish, click sound and response is the same. But I'm speculating.

I've played with Bestbuys display unit of the LE twice and it's hard to get a good review with all that security junk, but from what I can discern it feels and looks great. Possibly better than the KeyOne (minus the capacitive magic and infamous LED spacebar pulsating blinks). I'm curious to see how this machine feels daily, the lightness of it gives me the idea this thing is a message beast.. similar to the Q10. I could type like a menace on that little Q10.

Just waiting to see more confirmation that the LE is fully VZ compatible.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 08:00 AM
    I really appreciate this post.

I've never touched a Key2 but just by seeing videos the tactility/clickiness/utility of its keyboard looks like it resembles the Passport Silvers genetic code. Feels the same, looks the same as far as matte finish, click sound and response is the same. But I'm speculating.

I've played with Bestbuys display unit of the LE twice and it's hard to get a good review with all that security junk, but from what I can discern it feels and looks great. Possibly better than the KeyOne (minus the capacitive magic and infamous LED spacebar pulsating blinks). I'm curious to see how this machine feels daily, the lightness of it gives me the idea this thing is a message beast.. similar to the Q10. I could type like a menace on that little Q10.

Just waiting to see more confirmation that the LE is fully VZ compatible.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I can type ungodly fast on the Q10. Still the best keyboard ive ever typed on a BB.

Like you, im also giving it a couple more weeks for confirmation that the LE activation will be smooth without any complications at the store.

And the MMS issue too it seems.
    William Smith40 likes this.
    11-16-18 12:09 PM
    What are your APN and MMS settings?
    11-16-18 03:06 PM
    Personally I wouldn't go through all the trouble to use a secondary texting app. I used and loved Textra but I'm back on the stock app so I don't have to open tickets or jump into a ton of settings changes. I like what Textra did for customizations but for me the stock app works just fine.

Just get the LE, snag a new sim from a corporate store, have the register the device to your account and enjoy the phone.
    phuoc likes this.
    11-17-18 06:43 PM
    Personally I wouldn't go through all the trouble to use a secondary texting app. I used and loved Textra but I'm back on the stock app so I don't have to open tickets or jump into a ton of settings changes. I like what Textra did for customizations but for me the stock app works just fine.

Just get the LE, snag a new sim from a corporate store, have the register the device to your account and enjoy the phone.
    Does the stock app have a dark theme? The main reason I liked textra was the option for dark theme. If dislike the white background.

Posted via CB10
    clkgtr37 likes this.
    11-18-18 06:33 AM
    Does the stock app have a dark theme? The main reason I liked textra was the option for dark theme. If dislike the white background.

Posted via CB10
    The stock messaging app does have a dark mode feature.
    11-18-18 07:13 AM
    Wait, the Key2 works on Verizon??? I thought only the LE did....
    11-18-18 07:54 AM
    The stock messaging app does have a dark mode feature.
    Where do you find the dark mode feature in the stock app? I have been looking for quite some time too.
    11-18-18 08:50 AM
    Where do you find the dark mode feature in the stock app? I have been looking for quite some time too.
    Three dots in the upper right corner, then enable dark mode
    11-18-18 08:55 AM
    THANK YOU! Now, is there any chance you know how to set it so that pressing the ENTER key sends the text?
    11-18-18 09:40 AM
    This is great news.. and like the post above mine, I hope there's an enter/send feature. I doubt it though.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-18 11:51 AM
    THANK YOU! Now, is there any chance you know how to set it so that pressing the ENTER key sends the text?
    That I cannot help you with. I know the struggle coming from a Q10.
    11-18-18 12:16 PM

There are too many little things to mention why textra is better. Can you use Enter to Send with stock text app yet ?
    11-19-18 11:18 PM
    There are too many little things to mention why textra is better. Can you use Enter to Send with stock text app yet ?
    No you cannot press enter to send the text, that is the number one feature I miss. I also miss a lot of the customizations I could do with the LED and renaming/color of my conversations. What I don't miss is my KEYone. I'll deal with the stock app to be able to carry the LE.
    11-20-18 08:03 AM
    Wait, the Key2 works on Verizon??? I thought only the LE did....
    Yes - the Key2 now works on Verizon as well. Check out the Key2 threads for many people who have activated it... Pretty much same challenges/configuration of the Key2 LE, although since the Key2 isn't certified with VZW there is technically no guarantee it will work in the future...
    11-22-18 12:29 PM
    Yes - the Key2 now works on Verizon as well. Check out the Key2 threads for many people who have activated it... Pretty much same challenges/configuration of the Key2 LE, although since the Key2 isn't certified with VZW there is technically no guarantee it will work in the future...
    To be more explicit, Key2 has to be provisioned as if the LE since the LE is certified, no?
    11-22-18 01:41 PM
46 12