So, lately my LE's battery life has degraded, and in the battery stats it shows "Android OS" way at the top, using much more juice than it should.
    This reminds me of the Priv when on cellular network as opposed to WiFi.

Any ideas on how to track a rogue app? Or is this only related to the service where I work ?
    02-21-19 09:52 PM
    02-21-19 09:54 PM
    I believe that I had similar issues with my PRIV after an update.
    I had to repeatedly do hard reboots and allow the system a few days to get its act together.

The other question would be, "have you installed any new software / made any serious changes"?
    If so, then consider un-winding / uninstalling that software - it may be the culprit.

If you have done an update then do several hard boots and just be patient.
    02-22-19 11:44 AM
    I believe that I had similar issues with my PRIV after an update.
    I had to repeatedly do hard reboots and allow the system a few days to get its act together.

The other question would be, "have you installed any new software / made any serious changes"?
    If so, then consider un-winding / uninstalling that software - it may be the culprit.

If you have done an update then do several hard boots and just be patient.
    I did a few reboots, I'm just gonna individually clear the cache for every app and start deleting apps which are barely ever used and see if that helps
    02-22-19 11:47 AM
    I did a few reboots, I'm just gonna individually clear the cache for every app and start deleting apps which are barely ever used and see if that helps
    Ohhhhh - did not think of cache clearing - good idea.
    02-22-19 02:14 PM
    So after clearing the cache on basically every app and doing a few 32 second reboots on my Atomic LE, I come to the conclusion that bad network signal is to blame for the "Android OS" drain, which is basically the same that happened with each of my Privs.

Right now I have about 2 hours of screen-on time and I'm at 74%, but today I've only been in one place where I get full bars of LTE coverage.
    02-24-19 03:47 PM
    Surely it must be a wakelock, no? Have you checked for that via BBS/Wakelock Detector Lite/GSam?
    02-25-19 07:16 AM
    So after clearing the cache on basically every app and doing a few 32 second reboots on my Atomic LE, I come to the conclusion that bad network signal is to blame for the "Android OS" drain, which is basically the same that happened with each of my Privs.

Right now I have about 2 hours of screen-on time and I'm at 74%, but today I've only been in one place where I get full bars of LTE coverage.
    Bad network and android's constant searching to find a better connection can definitely lead to high battery usage. When in a low coverage area, it can send the system into a constant cycle.
    02-25-19 07:46 AM

I think I saw something about this some time ago where someone had a PRIV that was in an area where LTE coverage was iffy and they were having battery chewed up.
    I am pretty sure that they went into the settings and manually set the phone to ONLY 3G when they were in that poor coverage area and this helped considerably.

I realize this is clunky / inconvenient, but if you're going to be in the poor coverage area for most of a day then this may help you.
    02-25-19 03:50 PM
    I think I saw something about this some time ago where someone had a PRIV that was in an area where LTE coverage was iffy and they were having battery chewed up.
    I am pretty sure that they went into the settings and manually set the phone to ONLY 3G when they were in that poor coverage area and this helped considerably.

I realize this is clunky / inconvenient, but if you're going to be in the poor coverage area for most of a day then this may help you.
    In a year or so from now, it would suck to have to drop down to 3G as many devices will start shipping with 5G capability...

...even though there wouldn't be 5G coverage yet lol
    02-25-19 11:01 PM
    I got my KEY2 LE yesterday. I love the keyboard and all the other things BlackBerry. But at one point my phone was already complaining the RAM was full!!! I didn't even had that much apps open. Speedkey also stopped working and the device got quite warm. What the hell? I never had this problem with the Motion
    the_boon likes this.
    02-26-19 01:45 AM
    use it for a couple of days and you'll see. There may be some updates (system, applications) on a new device.
    If you get this "ram is full" notification again, choose details and see which app is eating that much memory.

I use K1 as my daily driver, everyday I use the same apps, but once a month, I get the same message and have to kilo Viber for example. Cannot explain why it happens.
    02-26-19 02:26 AM
    Looks like you're right. It stopped doing the crazy Ram is full. Battery performance is also heaps better now. Guess it takes a day or two to adjust or something
    02-27-19 02:18 AM
    Looks like you're right. It stopped doing the crazy Ram is full. Battery performance is also heaps better now. Guess it takes a day or two to adjust or something
    Ahh, the mysteries of Android
    02-27-19 10:59 AM
    I think it was definitely an issue with reception/mobile network.

These last couple days, battery life back to normal, currently at 44% left but with 3h20 of screen on time.
    02-27-19 10:29 PM