hello,

Android 9 update? When?
    08-24-19 03:57 AM
    Some say 'never', others would get restless if PIE didn't come in September.

But they all have one thing in common: they don't know.

And TCL/BLACKBERRY is silent.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-24-19 04:23 AM
    I might be in the minority but I hope we just stay on Oreo.

With Pie, you cannot record phone calls anymore as Google removed that function.
    ShaneGoodman likes this.
    08-24-19 11:29 AM
    I might be in the minority but I hope we just stay on Oreo.

With Pie, you cannot record phone calls anymore as Google removed that function.
    I’m kind of the same way. I know the IT guys hear will assure me it’s ok, but I feel like most devices are optimized for the OS initially released with unless already beta testing behind the scenes.
    08-24-19 12:32 PM
    hello,

Android 9 update? When?
    I was talking to a guy who knows a guy....he said it should be soon or when pigs fly.
    08-25-19 12:53 PM
    I’m kind of the same way. I know the IT guys hear will assure me it’s ok, but I feel like most devices are optimized for the OS initially released with unless already beta testing behind the scenes.
    My keyone was fine with Nougat but it really shines with Oreo
    08-25-19 03:04 PM
    My keyone was fine with Nougat but it really shines with Oreo
    Yet here I am unable to notice anything discernible for me on either of my KEYones. I feel like I gave up some battery life but that could be I'm using both devices in different manners. I really can't prove either way.
    Torrezno likes this.
    08-25-19 05:43 PM
    i hope that it will happen
    08-25-19 10:51 PM
    What about Android10?? #ItAintQ

No, I would not expect any decent OS upgrade any time soon, they're late, they're always late and they will never get that people just want the latest OS, even though it might not have a significant impact on the phone itself...
    08-25-19 11:24 PM
    What about Android10?? #ItAintQ

No, I would not expect any decent OS upgrade any time soon, they're late, they're always late and they will never get that people just want the latest OS, even though it might not have a significant impact on the phone itself...
    I am running Android 10 on my Pixel 3 and it's absolutely amazing!

It's miles ahead of Pie, let alone Oreo. Miles ahead and don't let anyone tell you anything different.

Now watch how this post is getting stormed with "well Oreo works for my use case just fine". It sure does grandpa.
    08-26-19 01:02 AM

It's miles ahead of Pie, let alone Oreo. Miles ahead and don't let anyone tell you anything different.

Now watch how this post is getting stormed with "well Oreo works for my use case just fine". It sure does grandpa.
    Well...at least Android 8 has a food name to it, Google couldn't even think of "Quiche" for Android 10!
    08-26-19 10:50 AM

That's the general feeling about Android 10 over on Android Central.... and that's with the Beta. It's funny how much some enjoy the "new" gestures or a dark mode.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-26-19 10:57 AM
    It's funny how much some enjoy the "new" gestures or a dark mode.
    Ironic!
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-26-19 10:59 AM

Who you calling out with Grandpa as I will answer to El Padre when I have grandchildren one day no time soon I hope...
    08-26-19 01:48 PM
    Who you calling out with Grandpa as I will answer to El Padre when I have grandchildren one day no time soon I hope...
    Oh I wasn't specific...just some preventative post mitigation....
    08-26-19 03:43 PM
    Ironic!
    Yeah WebOS was really ahead of the game....
    RK_BB, Mecca EL and jfalkingham like this.
    08-26-19 03:51 PM
    Oh I wasn't specific...just some preventative post mitigation....
    I'm going down swinging, if necessary, before the big 50 next year. LOL
    08-28-19 06:42 AM
    So I know that BB Mo India is basically dead and we shouldn't expect anything in terms of support from them - but say BB Mo roll out Pie for the Key2/Key2 LE, would that make it easy for it to just be rolled out to the Evolve also?

Or would that be a whole separate task that just isn't going to happen?
    08-28-19 12:07 PM
    So I know that BB Mo India is basically dead and we shouldn't expect anything in terms of support from them - but say BB Mo roll out Pie for the Key2/Key2 LE, would that make it easy for it to just be rolled out to the Evolve also?

Or would that be a whole separate task that just isn't going to happen?
    Different boat entirely.
    08-28-19 12:09 PM
    Different boat entirely.
    Shame.
    08-28-19 12:31 PM
    That's the general feeling about Android 10 over on Android Central.... and that's with the Beta. It's funny how much some enjoy the "new" gestures or a dark mode.
    I find it kind of hilarious as Samsung already has in Pie 9.0 and One UI dark mode and the preferred swiping gestures that the Pixel owners on 10 betas are cooing over in Android 10. I used a Pixel 3a on a 10 beta for comparison with my S9 and of course comparison to my BE KeyOne on 8.1. Anyone saying there is a drastic difference in the operating systems and functionality on devices (outside of dark mode and swiping for all touch devices) is really reaching.
    08-28-19 12:55 PM
    I find it kind of hilarious as Samsung already has in Pie 9.0 and One UI dark mode and the preferred swiping gestures that the Pixel owners on 10 betas are cooing over in Android 10. I used a Pixel 3a on a 10 beta for comparison with my S9 and of course comparison to my BE KeyOne on 8.1. Anyone saying there is a drastic difference in the operating systems and functionality on devices (outside of dark mode and swiping for all touch devices) is really reaching.
    @RK_BB

Anything you'd like to say?
    08-28-19 03:59 PM
    @RK_BB

Anything you'd like to say?
    And what would be the point of that? Another argument? To each their own....to me, Android 10 is the most refined experience there is available at the moment and it is miles ahead of Oreo, certainly when used with those horrible capacitive navigation keys.
    08-28-19 04:30 PM
    And what would be the point of that? Another argument? To each their own....to me, Android 10 is the most refined experience there is available at the moment and it is miles ahead of Oreo, certainly when used with those horrible capacitive navigation keys.
    Easy there.... YOU DID offer the saw, remember? Besides , now boon is facing a named thunderstorm and I don’t think he’s done that before....

You alright down there boom? Seriously, it’s not worry time yet... Just ask Dunt and me after last two years....
    08-28-19 04:45 PM
    Easy there.... YOU DID offer the saw, remember? Besides , now boon is facing a named thunderstorm and I don’t think he’s done that before....

You alright down there boom? Seriously, it’s not worry time yet... Just ask Dunt and me after last two years....
    Sorry, I mixed up the peels this morning. Wait, is Wednesday green or yellow?
    08-28-19 05:17 PM
43 12