Well, you can stand there on "principle" if it makes you feel better, or take matters into your own hands and be up and running in a matter of minutes with the June patch.
    And we wonder why people have left...
    gjh1978 likes this.
    06-28-19 05:50 PM
    Most people don't even know or care about whether they have the latest patch frankly.

In any event, 90% of almost 170 variants is an incredible number - and we're still inside the same month.
    bibbula likes this.
    06-28-19 05:53 PM
    I have to at least partially agree with you there.

For most people (at least those who are very serious about getting their monthly updates on time), they don't want to have to plug in their phone to their computer and run the autoloader.

They just don't.

I think that's why Apple has grown so much in the consumer space, it's because they dumb everything down for them, and it worked.

I, for one, could care less if I had to wait a couple extra weeks to get a security update.
    I just got the June patch today on my KEY2 Red and... it doesn't seem to bring a single new feature, for what it's worth.
    06-28-19 05:55 PM
    I have to at least partially agree with you there.

For most people (at least those who are very serious about getting their monthly updates on time), they don't want to have to plug in their phone to their computer and run the autoloader.

They just don't.

I think that's why Apple has grown so much in the consumer space, it's because they dumb everything down for them, and it worked.

I, for one, could care less if I had to wait a couple extra weeks to get a security update.
    I just got the June patch today on my KEY2 Red and... it doesn't seem to bring a single new feature, for what it's worth.
    We are way too far into the product life cycle to expect new features.
    bibbula likes this.
    06-28-19 05:56 PM
    Most people don't even know or care about whether they have the latest patch frankly.

In any event, 90% of almost 170 variants is an incredible number - and we're still inside the same month.
    It's darned good. Still Oreo, with its missing improvements (including security).
    I'm not trying to be negative, just pointing out this can't continue as it is. I am seriously thinking of going back to the iPhone because of their great customer service, support for many generations and stability. I can afford to play around with a Blackberry device but I'm beginning to get bored.
    06-28-19 06:05 PM
    We are way too far into the product life cycle to expect new features.
    True, but security (supposedly BlackBerry's bread and butter) is important.
    06-28-19 06:07 PM
    I can afford to play around with a Blackberry device but I'm beginning to get bored.
    Bored? It doesn't get more boring than iOS
    06-28-19 06:45 PM
    Bored? It doesn't get more boring than iOS
    Well, if quality support, updates and devices that retain their value are boring then I’m not sure what to call this mess.
    06-28-19 06:54 PM
    Well, if quality support, updates and devices that retain their value are boring then I’m not sure what to call this mess.
    The OS itself is boring as hell to use. The support is amazing.
    06-29-19 08:42 PM
    The OS itself is boring as hell to use. The support is amazing.
    I can agree to that!
    Well, I’m kind of boring myself (no drama) so maybe that’s why I like it.
    06-30-19 07:48 AM
    So I got mugged and had my KEYone taken away.. My only option here in Brazil was to turn to an import company. The problem is that I got a KEY2 LE model BBE100-2, PRD 65002-010, which has never received a security patch, stuck in November's ABK892.

Will running just this latest autoloader get me all the previous security implementations or should I run all of the autoloaders since November?
    07-08-19 02:09 PM
    So I got mugged and had my KEYone taken away.. My only option here in Brazil was to turn to an import company. The problem is that I got a KEY2 LE model BBE100-2, PRD 65002-010, which has never received a security patch, stuck in November's ABK892.

Will running just this latest autoloader get me all the previous security implementations or should I run all of the autoloaders since November?
    Updates are cumulative - they contain everything up to the date of release.
    07-08-19 02:50 PM
    Updates are cumulative - they contain everything up to the date of release.
    Thanks, man!

Just to be cautious here. You warned in your OP not to run the autoloader with Indian variants and the Verizon ones.

Given that my variant isn't even listed in your spreadsheet, if it turns out that it isn't compatible with this autoloader, is there a chance I'll brick my device or it just won't load?
    07-08-19 03:00 PM
    Thanks, man!

Just to be cautious here. You warned in your OP not to run the autoloader with Indian variants and the Verizon ones.

Given that my variant isn't even listed in your spreadsheet, if it turns out that it isn't compatible with this autoloader, is there a chance I'll brick my device or it just won't load?
    Sorry about not remembering, but what is your PRD again?
    07-08-19 03:15 PM
    Sorry about not remembering, but what is your PRD again?
    No problem: KEY2 LE, model BBE100-2, PRD 65002-010.

Thanks in advance!
    07-08-19 03:35 PM
    No problem: KEY2 LE, model BBE100-2, PRD 65002-010.

Thanks in advance!
    You'll have no issues. Fire away.
    07-08-19 03:42 PM
    hello Conite et. al...
    i have stepped over to the darkside after my second (or is it third?) passport antenna failure. i've configured my key2le extensively and i've downloaded this autoloader file but before i run anything i have several questions that i have not been able to resolve by reading threads here or searching the web....please help. please also keep in mind i'm on linux, i have android-tools installed and adb sees my device.

1. how do fully back up my android configuration...i dont want to spend another week configuring it all again...the only util i'm aware of requires root. i dont intend to root this phone.
    2. i have de-googled my phone. will that exclude me from ota updates? my device is on the may update and says there's nothing new...although, it said that prior to de-googling too.
    3. is the autoloader non-destructive by default? will it overwrite any of my settings?
    4. do i just boot into bootloader with my passcode disabled and run flashall.sh?

thanks in advance for your help
    07-23-19 02:34 PM
    hello Conite et. al...
    i have stepped over to the darkside after my second (or is it third?) passport antenna failure. i've configured my key2le extensively and i've downloaded this autoloader file but before i run anything i have several questions that i have not been able to resolve by reading threads here or searching the web....please help. please also keep in mind i'm on linux, i have android-tools installed and adb sees my device.

1. how do fully back up my android configuration...i dont want to spend another week configuring it all again...the only util i'm aware of requires root. i dont intend to root this phone.
    2. i have de-googled my phone. will that exclude me from ota updates? my device is on the may update and says there's nothing new...although, it said that prior to de-googling too.
    2. is the autoloader non-destructive by default? will it overwrite any of my settings?
    3. do i just boot into bootloader with my passcode disabled and run flashall.sh?

I'm not a Mac expert, so I can't solidly guarantee the accuracy of the sh file. The Windows bat file is a slam-dunk though.

Backing up using the default Google cloud is typically the best way to do it, and it's the only way I know to restore downloaded apps and restore most of your app settings.

There is a batch file for wipe, and a batch file for no-wipe. You choose.

And yes, remove device password and boot to the boatloader menu.

Check here for what update you should have:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    07-23-19 02:40 PM
    so a (loosely) linux-based os cannot be updated from linux? has anyone run the .sh on linux? the fastboot flash commands look correct, but i dont know if it will wipe my data. i dont have mac or windows.

i dont have/wont use google products, outside of android(not by choice) besides a cloud back-up sounds very expensive on lte when i have a media card and a computer right here...there must be a way.

i looked at the cross-reference doc, and what i took away from it was that my bbe100-5 has not been sent any june ota updates, but that i can run the autoloader as i have a na-variant device...am i correct? thanks again
    07-24-19 08:39 AM
    i looked at the cross-reference doc, and what i took away from it was that my bbe100-5 has not been sent any june ota updates, but that i can run the autoloader as i have a na-variant device...am i correct? thanks again
    See the note in the first post.
    07-24-19 08:42 AM
    cryptic, but i guess my assumptions are correct.
    as for my other questions...i thought you were the "knowledge base" on here.
    07-24-19 10:10 AM
    cryptic, but i guess my assumptions are correct.
    as for my other questions...i thought you were the "knowledge base" on here.
    I'm not aware of anyone who has tried this on Linux.

There are two files - wipe and no-wipe. The latter has two lines removed from the script.

There are adb commands that you can use to backup quite a bit of info.

https://9to5google.com/2017/11/04/ho...ndroid-basics/
    07-24-19 10:34 AM
    It should work on Linux/Mac, although most if not all testing is done on Windows. You might need to chmod +x the .sh file if packing them on Windows toasted permissions, and/or replace the supplied fastboot executable in the loader with the system fastboot executable (editing the .sh as necessary).
    07-24-19 11:08 AM
    hello Conite et. al...

3. is the autoloader non-destructive by default? will it overwrite any of my settings?
    4. do i just boot into bootloader with my passcode disabled and run flashall.sh?

From Passport to LE?

Sounds more like you jumped to the "Light Side"
    07-24-19 11:14 AM
49 12