64GB will easily meet your needs unless you have substantial media files. For which you can use an SD card.
    32GB will meet all my needs but I do not believe that Android will be sufficient with only 32GB space in 2-3 years or more using it .
    My order delivery date was again altered, now it is 1st December . They probably want me to buy 32GB with nice color and when I do that, they release 64GB champagne for everyone .
    11-01-18 12:10 PM
    32GB will meet all my needs but I do not believe that Android will be sufficient with only 32GB space in 2-3 years or more using it .
    My order delivery date was again altered, now it is 1st December . They probably want me to buy 32GB with nice color and when I do that, they release 64GB champagne for everyone .
    That might be the case with android.
    I am yet to find out since I very recently started using an Android phone as a daily driver.
    As of now, I think 32GB with a memory card should be fine. Unless you are saving all your media on the internal storage. In which case 32GB might dry up as quickly as 1 year.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    11-01-18 09:56 PM
    How much space took the system on K2LE? From what I have found out on other phones, it may differ but it always took a lot of space (up to 10-12GB) which may cut from 32GB a lot and leave maybe 20GB only?
    My wife is buying a new android VKB phone (Xiaomi) ans she is deciding if she wants to invest in 4GB instead of 3GB and if she needs 64GB. The phone has very similar specs to KE2LE and costs one third of it. If it wasn't the PKB, I don't see why anyone would buy BB (Motion?). No information about new updates, release dates are nothing for BBmo and I should continue..

I have 64GB champagne waiting in store to pickup probably during weekend (they will hold it for me for a week). We will probably buy the phones together but I am afraid what will my wife say when she found out the prices of K2LE :P.
    11-21-18 03:10 AM
    How much space took the system on K2LE? From what I have found out on other phones, it may differ but it always took a lot of space (up to 10-12GB) which may cut from 32GB a lot and leave maybe 20GB only?
    My wife is buying a new android VKB phone (Xiaomi) ans she is deciding if she wants to invest in 4GB instead of 3GB and if she needs 64GB. The phone has very similar specs to KE2LE and costs one third of it. If it wasn't the PKB, I don't see why anyone would buy BB (Motion?). No information about new updates, release dates are nothing for BBmo and I should continue..

I have 64GB champagne waiting in store to pickup probably during weekend (they will hold it for me for a week). We will probably buy the phones together but I am afraid what will my wife say when she found out the prices of K2LE :P.
    On my LE, system takes exactly 9.93gb of storage.

I'm personally not panicking about running out as I have no heavy games and most my photos/videos are in Google Photos or in the SD card.

YMMV of course

If you can invest a bit more for the extra 32gb of storage, then why not go for it.

As for Xiaomi, well, seems like a generic slab to me.

How's their track record for updates? How's their cell radiation rating (DAS/SAR) ?
    How's their UI ?

Etc...
    11-21-18 07:01 AM
    On my LE, system takes exactly 9.93gb of storage.

I'm personally not panicking about running out as I have no heavy games and most my photos/videos are in Google Photos or in the SD card.

YMMV of course

If you can invest a bit more for the extra 32gb of storage, then why not go for it.

As for Xiaomi, well, seems like a generic slab to me.

How's their track record for updates? How's their cell radiation rating (DAS/SAR) ?
    How's their UI ?

Etc...
    9.93gb is a lot :O and every update will eat more and more. Until wipe and flashing newest version. So 64GB is way to go I think.

I do not remember the exact numbers but KEY2 has SAR about 0,75? My wife's chosen Xiaomi about 0,5x.
    She likes Xiaomi UI - MIUI which I does not, but I can unlock bootloader and put there lineageos or just use different launcher because MIUI from what I know is not that big change like Huawei or Samsung does. That model was release about the same time as K2 but will have Pie in a few months (within newer MIUI..).
    Their updates are much often then BBmo does - from what I have read over internet. In June, they announced MIUI 10 for even phone from 2013. Not all old phones get new updates but they support devices much longer and faster then BBmo does.
    I would not probably buy Xiaomi for me, but I am comparing it not when me and my wife need a new phone. She will get support longer, more often, with similar hw parameters (k2le has a faster cpu). I am just sad about this.. If it wasn't PKB!
    11-21-18 08:52 AM
    9.93gb is a lot :O and every update will eat more and more. Until wipe and flashing newest version. So 64GB is way to go I think.

I do not remember the exact numbers but KEY2 has SAR about 0,75? My wife's chosen Xiaomi about 0,5x.
    She likes Xiaomi UI - MIUI which I does not, but I can unlock bootloader and put there lineageos or just use different launcher because MIUI from what I know is not that big change like Huawei or Samsung does. That model was release about the same time as K2 but will have Pie in a few months (within newer MIUI..).
    Their updates are much often then BBmo does - from what I have read over internet. In June, they announced MIUI 10 for even phone from 2013. Not all old phones get new updates but they support devices much longer and faster then BBmo does.
    I would not probably buy Xiaomi for me, but I am comparing it not when me and my wife need a new phone. She will get support longer, more often, with similar hw parameters (k2le has a faster cpu). I am just sad about this.. If it wasn't PKB!
    At the end of the day, it's all about using a device you enjoy using.

I couldn't care less if there's a Pocofone out there with an 845 that runs circles around my LE, or if Xiaomi has similar hardware for half the price.

They remain generic boring slabs of glass to me.

The PKB, the weight and feel in hand of the LE is amazing.

No case needed.
    11-21-18 10:10 AM
    At the end of the day, it's all about using a device you enjoy using.

I couldn't care less if there's a Pocofone out there with an 845 that runs circles around my LE, or if Xiaomi has similar hardware for half the price.

They remain generic boring slabs of glass to me.

The PKB, the weight and feel in hand of the LE is amazing.

No case needed.
    Exactly, I will enjoy keyboard, like I ennjoy it with Classic. But I enjoy complete touchscreen control which I will miss including trackpad. Would be hard to enjoy VKB - so much typos, needs too much checking what am I writing. (BTW, my wife write on VKB without problem, she hold phone with left hand and using index finger on right hand she tap and write, pretty slowly, but she is happy that way).

But I won't enjoy BB when not writing. Everything else but the keyboard is not for me. Too long device, too much touch screen control, too much Google. And I can get rid of google with these boring slabs, have much more open and free phone.

Oh, and I already have a case .

32 or 64GB?-r0015260.jpg
    11-22-18 02:22 AM
    Exactly, I will enjoy keyboard, like I ennjoy it with Classic. But I enjoy complete touchscreen control which I will miss including trackpad. Would be hard to enjoy VKB - so much typos, needs too much checking what am I writing. (BTW, my wife write on VKB without problem, she hold phone with left hand and using index finger on right hand she tap and write, pretty slowly, but she is happy that way).

But I won't enjoy BB when not writing. Everything else but the keyboard is not for me. Too long device, too much touch screen control, too much Google. And I can get rid of google with these boring slabs, have much more open and free phone.

Oh, and I already have a case .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R0015260.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	441431
    In what way can you get rid of Google in the slabs more than you can on the LE?
    11-22-18 03:42 AM
    In what way can you get rid of Google in the slabs more than you can on the LE?
    Unlocking bootloader and flash lineageos, I did that with Nexus 5, there is Nougat (and seems they skipped Oreo with Nexus 5 and next release of lineageos 16 (Pie) will support Nexus 5 again) and if my wife did not want Play Store, I would not install GApps which are separated package (licence?). It works fine without google apps and services.. Some apps have problem but I found which does not need google services on Classic. You can on disable gms and play store on LE..
    11-22-18 04:02 AM
    You can on disable gms and play store on LE..
    Isn't removing a Google account and Play Store enough ?
    11-22-18 04:22 AM
    Isn't removing a Google account and Play Store enough ?
    It will be still running, sneaking around, sending data about me to google (google knows us better the we do). Eating resources. It does nothing I want so why it have to be there?
    Also, there might be Pie for K2/K2LE. No guarantee. Wife's will have Pie and probably at least Q. Even R or S might be possible with lineageos. I will be stuck with Oreo/Pie forever.. I am buying phone for more then a year which is usual. 2,5 years with Classic and I hoped for at least another 2,5.. Again, if it have not keyboard..
    11-22-18 08:51 AM
36 12