I am thinking to preorder K2 LE but really do not know if I need 64GB or 32GB will be enough..
    I have 9GB used on Classic with 4GB free (remaining capacity is system probably), With 16GB SD card has free storage 4,7GB but I have there 1,3GB music which I do not listen (very bad quality of audio in Clasic ) and 4GB of videos which I am really not sure what it is right now . So I am happy with 16+16GB now. But do not know how much of space will eat android and android apps..
    My budget was 300€, I grossed it up to 400€ for new KE2 LE and 64GB version will be probably 50€ more.. So that would be 50% increase.. I am not sure if it is worth it or bigger SD card would be enough when needed more space.
    09-20-18 03:27 PM
    I'd pay the extra for the 64GB....
    09-20-18 03:50 PM
    More space never hurts. Only your bank account.
    09-20-18 03:51 PM
    Only 64GB in the USA for now i guess
    09-20-18 07:52 PM
    I am thinking to preorder K2 LE but really do not know if I need 64GB or 32GB will be enough..
    I have 9GB used on Classic with 4GB free (remaining capacity is system probably), With 16GB SD card has free storage 4,7GB but I have there 1,3GB music which I do not listen (very bad quality of audio in Clasic ) and 4GB of videos which I am really not sure what it is right now . So I am happy with 16+16GB now. But do not know how much of space will eat android and android apps..
    My budget was 300€, I grossed it up to 400€ for new KE2 LE and 64GB version will be probably 50€ more.. So that would be 50% increase.. I am not sure if it is worth it or bigger SD card would be enough when needed more space.
    You'd need 64GB if you don't wish to use an SD card for your documents and media.

Otherwise, I find 32GB more than enough for my apps.
    skkayman likes this.
    09-20-18 08:12 PM
    Skip going out couple times and buy the 64
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-20-18 08:25 PM
    Get the 32GB and a memory card? Unless you are going to buy the Dual sim version.
    Like conite mentioned, 32GB is sufficient for apps
    09-20-18 10:48 PM
    I am not sure if there will be dualsim available in my country or Europe..
    Also, I found that for preorder, there is slate only with 32GB and champagne/atomic only with 64GB and slate is my preferred colour. So maybe I won't even have an option with my favourite colour .

Is it still unkown - the availability of colour options in US/Europe/world/..? But if 32GB is fine with apps and system, I am OK with only 32GB. I usually prefer my own files on SD card because it is easier to copy from and to computer. It was great with BB Link before for backups but still I copied music and anything else directly to SD card..

edit: UHS microSD 64GB costs half of the price increase with Key2 LE 32/64
    09-21-18 02:25 AM
    I am not sure if there will be dualsim available in my country or Europe..
    Also, I found that for preorder, there is slate only with 32GB and champagne/atomic only with 64GB and slate is my preferred colour. So maybe I won't even have an option with my favourite colour .

Is it still unkown - the availability of colour options in US/Europe/world/..? But if 32GB is fine with apps and system, I am OK with only 32GB. I usually prefer my own files on SD card because it is easier to copy from and to computer. It was great with BB Link before for backups but still I copied music and anything else directly to SD card..

edit: UHS microSD 64GB costs half of the price increase with Key2 LE 32/64
    Can’t help the color situation and don’t know wages in your country. 50€ to you could be a much bigger deal than $50 here in USA. That being said, if you keep devices long time and with the design of Android, I’d still try and buy the 64GB so you have extra internal storage plus external. Some things just operate better stored internally but I don’t know why.
    09-21-18 06:45 AM
    Definitely the 64GB for me. My own "personal" music, plus personal documents, pics go on my phone. Everything else like purchased and downloaded music and videos on the SD...the stuff I wouldn't mind fallin into the wrong hands ;-)
    09-21-18 10:36 AM
    Can’t help the color situation and don’t know wages in your country. 50€ to you could be a much bigger deal than $50 here in USA. That being said, if you keep devices long time and with the design of Android, I’d still try and buy the 64GB so you have extra internal storage plus external. Some things just operate better stored internally but I don’t know why.
    That is hard to compare, average monthly income in my country was oficially 954€ in 2017, that is before taxes. Region where I live (capital) has more, but I would say it is not more then half of the average in west europe or US.
    The thing is, I wanted to spend on phone 300€ (I bought Classic when new was 350 and I bought used one at half price ), now I am thinking if I will add 50€ to 400€ phone . I can wait a month or two and save the money, still, if the android has no problem with only 32GB, I would be ok as I do not have much data in phone. And now I found out that oficially BB or TCL decided that to Slovakia and Czech republic there will be only slate 32GB and 64GB atomic/champagne and I want slate blue colour . So they do not want me to buy 64GB . Or, I can buy from UK with probably higher price (shipping, conversion rate). Germany has QWERTZ, France AZERTY keyboards and it cannot be changed.

Definitely the 64GB for me. My own "personal" music, plus personal documents, pics go on my phone. Everything else like purchased and downloaded music and videos on the SD...the stuff I wouldn't mind fallin into the wrong hands ;-)
    I don't have so much documents that would need more space, I always put on the phone ringtones and everything else to SD card. It is easier to copy from and to SD then to and from phone.
    Thinking about downloaded music, how good is DAC in keyone and keytwo? It is really bad in Classic so I am not using it and it would be great to not have mp3 player with me all the time when phone can play it too . That would increase needed space but I won't use flac files in phone, mp3 with highbitrate or ogg vorbis are fine for music on the go. But DAC must be much better on Classic . Have not seen this in reviews of LE.
    09-24-18 06:32 AM
    Is 64gb $550 US dollar? That’s very close to key2.
    09-24-18 10:37 AM
    Is 64gb $550 US dollar? That’s very close to key2.
    $399/449 for 32/64.
    09-24-18 11:06 AM
    $399/449 for 32/64.
    Extra $50 is totally worth it. When can we buy one in US?
    09-24-18 11:24 AM
    So Rogers announced in Canada, but not seeing any US retailer offering to take my money. Will Best Buy and Amazon be the choices again? Anyone have inside info Bla1ze?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-18 05:08 PM
    Key2 LE reminds me of essential phone.
    09-24-18 05:53 PM
    So Rogers announced in Canada, but not seeing any US retailer offering to take my money. Will Best Buy and Amazon be the choices again? Anyone have inside info Bla1ze?

Posted via CB10
    It's probably safe to assume it will at least be available through the same retailers as the KEY2 in the US.
    09-24-18 06:01 PM
    I hope it releases before Christmas so TCL can make some cash.
    09-24-18 06:33 PM
    I hope it releases before Christmas so TCL can make some cash.
    They might not be the fastest at launching a product, but there’s no way they’d miss THAT boat
    09-25-18 03:20 PM
    They might not be the fastest at launching a product, but there’s no way they’d miss THAT boat
    Timing is everything!
    09-25-18 03:23 PM
    So I ordered the ugly alcoholic one with 64GB memory (I love slate, hate atomic (yes, there are people like that ) and champagne is acceptable but still ugly ). I plan to degoogle the ke2LE as much as will be possible but I do not expect this will save any space on device. I will disable automatic apps updates - that might save a space. I hate when my tablet had a few updates of applications every days. Most apps I do not use and cannot uninstall them or apps use twice a year.

I almost cancelled the order, delivery times was changed two time, now is the delivery planned on 3rd November.. I am still near cancelling it because I still want slate with 64GB, I want unlocked bootloader with much less google stuff (I would be fine even without google play (yalp can download apk from google)) but that is not possible because it is "secure phone". And I am still not fine with android, I am watching SailfishOS 3 which the devs said will have Oreo runtime for android apps. But I do not want to leave PKB world..
    At this moment, for me, PKB with google and stupid ui > free OS without google and perfect UI.

But I will go with 64GB - thank you for all posts! . I saved money for more memory, at least something is good on waiting for start of sales . I do not believe that Android won't eat too much space - my old Sony Xperia tablet was eating more and more space, even when 16GB is still enough for it to use, but not many apps installed. With more apps a two years ago and some game which I played once, I was out of space. I did factory reset and the tablet was like a new device .
    10-24-18 06:38 AM
    I purchased the 64gb slate dual sim version, which is more than adequate going forward.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-28-18 10:50 AM
    I purchased the 64gb slate dual sim version, which is more than adequate going forward.
    Oh, how much I would love to buy slate 64GB

Posted with Classic
    10-28-18 10:57 AM
    Yeah, especially if you have an SD card anyway and if you use WhatsApp's gdrive backup and Google Photos
    10-28-18 10:59 AM
    So I ordered the ugly alcoholic one with 64GB memory (I love slate, hate atomic (yes, there are people like that ) and champagne is acceptable but still ugly ). I plan to degoogle the ke2LE as much as will be possible but I do not expect this will save any space on device. I will disable automatic apps updates - that might save a space. I hate when my tablet had a few updates of applications every days. Most apps I do not use and cannot uninstall them or apps use twice a year.

I almost cancelled the order, delivery times was changed two time, now is the delivery planned on 3rd November.. I am still near cancelling it because I still want slate with 64GB, I want unlocked bootloader with much less google stuff (I would be fine even without google play (yalp can download apk from google)) but that is not possible because it is "secure phone". And I am still not fine with android, I am watching SailfishOS 3 which the devs said will have Oreo runtime for android apps. But I do not want to leave PKB world..
    At this moment, for me, PKB with google and stupid ui > free OS without google and perfect UI.

But I will go with 64GB - thank you for all posts! . I saved money for more memory, at least something is good on waiting for start of sales . I do not believe that Android won't eat too much space - my old Sony Xperia tablet was eating more and more space, even when 16GB is still enough for it to use, but not many apps installed. With more apps a two years ago and some game which I played once, I was out of space. I did factory reset and the tablet was like a new device .
    64GB will easily meet your needs unless you have substantial media files. For which you can use an SD card.
    skkayman likes this.
    10-28-18 11:50 AM
36 12