Am I the only person this has happened to? I have found no threads on this topic.

First time: Pulled phone out of pocket. It's hot and won't turn on. Exchanged through BestBuy for a new phone.

Second time: Pulled phone out of pocket. It's hot and won't turn on. Exchanged through BlackBerry Mobile for a new/refurbished phone.

Third time: Driving along yesterday with the phone charging and listening to music. Phone shuts down and won't turn on.

I really love this phone, but 3 strikes you're out. I'll have to look at the KeyOne Black or Key2. I just can't believe I'm the only person this has happened to?
    02-22-19 09:22 AM
    You aren't the first to have issues with multiple devices, and then others have been very happy with the first device they received.

But in general the reviews by users on retail sites are positive... either there isn't a wide spread issue, or people are't honest in their reviews or don't want to post negative reviews.
    02-22-19 09:38 AM
    Whacko, Mon.

I am about a month in on a Key2, after having a PRIV and I am DELIGHTED.

Key2 is expensive but a good phone.
    02-22-19 11:35 AM
    Wow, never had such a thing happen to any of my previous DroidBerry's (Priv, KEYone SE and BE, KEY2 SE, and now LE Slate and Atomic)
    02-22-19 11:50 AM
    Am I the only person this has happened to? I have found no threads on this topic.

First time: Pulled phone out of pocket. It's hot and won't turn on. Exchanged through BestBuy for a new phone.

Second time: Pulled phone out of pocket. It's hot and won't turn on. Exchanged through BlackBerry Mobile for a new/refurbished phone.

Third time: Driving along yesterday with the phone charging and listening to music. Phone shuts down and won't turn on.

I really love this phone, but 3 strikes you're out. I'll have to look at the KeyOne Black or Key2. I just can't believe I'm the only person this has happened to?
    I'd think about also eliminating external factors, before blaming 3 devices in a row (which odds would suggest aren't the root cause of the problem).
    Just a quick question to eliminate other possibilities, is the car using a built in usb charger, (or have other electrical problems older vehicles mostly because of aging components) or is the usb charger a third party after market thing. Some of those 3rd parties have not only fried electronic devices, they've also fried circuits on the vehicle. I'd be reviewing the apps as well (if possible) to see if something is misbehaving just hogging amps (maybe also, maybe not hogging data).
    02-26-19 05:15 AM

That is not good. These types of build problems are the reason grey importing a BlackBerry android phone is so risky.
    02-27-19 06:33 AM
    I haven't had a single problem with my Key2 LE. I've only used the charger that came in the box.
    02-27-19 10:37 AM
    No problems with my le at all. Used differents chargers, dropped it several times, and still rocks...
    02-28-19 12:00 AM