I am at the point where it is so hard to keep using my Key 1. It is so slow and lags. When i call up the camera, it literally takes up to 20 secs to launch. I have lots of apps on it that i use as i travel 250+ days a year so all those Airline Apps and Hotel Apps and Food apps.

I am thinking about the Key 2 Intl version. is it worth it or should i hold out another 5-6 mos for the Key 3? Will the Key 2 be like the Key 1 in 18 mos where i wont be able to launch any apps fast?

My Main Carrier in the USA is T-mobile, will using the INTL version limit me Reception and cell service but im mostly using in the main large cities and never in the rual area's

Also if buying the INTL version of Key2, its not warrantied for USA but do i get warranty in any other country but the USA?

Any suggestions?
    04-02-19 10:11 AM
    What country are you in?

If the KEY2 is available locally (and even better if from an authorized retailer), then I would suggest buying from there.

Or, you could go for the KEY2 LE which will also be faster than the KEYone, and you'll get an extra gig of RAM (Assuming your KEYone is silver)
    04-02-19 07:05 PM
    Key3 is not a sure thing I don't believe. Wouldn't wait for that at this point.
    04-03-19 08:24 AM
    What country are you in?

If the KEY2 is available locally (and even better if from an authorized retailer), then I would suggest buying from there.

Or, you could go for the KEY2 LE which will also be faster than the KEYone, and you'll get an extra gig of RAM (Assuming your KEYone is silver)
    100% upgrade to the KEY². The KEY3 is no where on the radar...you could be waiting until 2020 for availability. If the KEY3 does come out earlier than expected you can easily sell the KEY² and be out a couple few hundred dollars to get the KEY3.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-03-19 08:27 AM
    I am at the point where it is so hard to keep using my Key 1. It is so slow and lags. When i call up the camera, it literally takes up to 20 secs to launch. I have lots of apps on it that i use as i travel 250+ days a year so all those Airline Apps and Hotel Apps and Food apps.

I am thinking about the Key 2 Intl version. is it worth it or should i hold out another 5-6 mos for the Key 3? Will the Key 2 be like the Key 1 in 18 mos where i wont be able to launch any apps fast?

My Main Carrier in the USA is T-mobile, will using the INTL version limit me Reception and cell service but im mostly using in the main large cities and never in the rual area's

Also if buying the INTL version of Key2, its not warrantied for USA but do i get warranty in any other country but the USA?

Any suggestions?
    I think any Android and potentially iPhone would or could slow up with the number of apps you have loaded and are using. I would suggest a backup and factory reset. Then add back only operation critical apps. I am not sure what your worldly travels entail but 250 apps is a **** ton. All your points, etc for travel apps will not go away or disappear. Once you log in all should be right where it was.

I have numerous phones and my former DTEK50 was being used by our 9-10 year old son for a year. I don't know just how many games he loaded and unloaded but when he got a new phone I took the DTEK back to use @ the house. I first stripped all his apps and loaded ones I use. Total @ 70 including all system apps with Microsoft Launcher. It worked better and then I bought a new BE KeyOne and enjoyed the BlackBerry launcher so I decided to do a factory reset on the DTEK. Dang what a change. It was like a new device and I only loaded those apps I REALLY needed and kept most things "stock" . I did turn animations to .5 which I would recommend for any Android device user.

So before you buy a new phone give it a shot and even if you do go new I would not restore fully from your back up. A fresh start, free of clutter is always good.

Best of luck whichever way you decide.
    04-04-19 12:45 AM
    I agree with bh7171. Backup and Reset. I am running the maximum number of apps on my KEYone SE and have no added issues with speed. It is approx the same speed since new. My phone is almost 2 yrs old with no problems, except the battery last 1.5 days instead of 2 days. LOL I also recommend the 35 second holding of the power button reboot once a week.
    bh7171 and the_boon like this.
    04-04-19 08:20 AM