I will check thank you. Somehow I don't think a 10% overnight drain may count as something wrong with the phone. Thank you Bbnivende
    A 10% overnight drain shouldn't happen if the phone is in airplane mode, especially a new-ish device. It's not like the battery has been used for years.

Don't do anymore factory resets at this point.

If the device at 90% in the morning and enough juice to get you through an entire busy day, then I guess you could say it's a keeper.

It's your decision in the end.
    09-03-19 11:22 AM
    In the long term the drain isn't good for the phone. And again I did the airplane mode last night and still the same. Weirdly it was showing an app running.
    So I will ring BlackBerry Support to see what they say.
    What a carry on eh...
    But one thing is definite, PKB are a much more enjoyable experience.
    09-03-19 11:40 AM
    In the long term the drain isn't good for the phone. And again I did the airplane mode last night and still the same. Weirdly it was showing an app running.
    Which app??

But one thing is definite, PKB are a much more enjoyable experience.
    For sure. That's why I won't let go of these KEY devices lol
    09-03-19 12:45 PM
    Not sure which app as it didn't show further details.

The PKB is addictive and quite honestly that's the reason why I'm holding back in selling. A good thing I think!
    09-03-19 12:56 PM
    Not sure which app as it didn't show further details.

The PKB is addictive and quite honestly that's the reason why I'm holding back in selling. A good thing I think!
    Usually, next to a drain percentage, there should be the name of an app or something there
    09-03-19 01:06 PM
    Yep you are right. But on this occasion it didn't show. Anyhow it goes on. I think I've established my phone's behaviour is strange to say the least lol!
    09-03-19 01:11 PM
    I will check thank you. Somehow I don't think a 10% overnight drain may count as something wrong with the phone. Thank you Bbnivende ☺️
    Screenshots are needed. The first chance you get, go to bed with your phone fully charged, do not turn off anything and then when you wake up in the morning immediately open the Power Centre, tap on Battery then the 3 dots and choose full device usage. Post the screenshot pretty please :-).
    09-06-19 08:04 PM
    Hello yamahammer / Lord Buckethead!
    I have now raised this with BlackBerry Support. They have asked me to do the same. Let me try and post these shots. Ive never done on this thread...
    09-07-19 02:40 AM
    Hello yamahammer / Lord Buckethead!
    I have now raised this with BlackBerry Support. They have asked me to do the same. Let me try and post these shots. Ive never done on this thread...
    Good luck Sheila. I just want to state very impressed with your diligence...
    09-07-19 06:39 PM
    Hello Chuck Finley69!

Thank you for your comment. I'm honoured by it. ������
    09-08-19 03:06 AM
    Just a brief update to you all. Still awaiting the conclusion from BlackBerry support of the overnight battery drain even on airplane mode. They have confirmed that my battery drain during the day is fine.
    09-11-19 04:14 PM
    Just a brief update to you all. Still awaiting the conclusion from BlackBerry support of the overnight battery drain even on airplane mode. They have confirmed that my battery drain during the day is fine.
    Concerned that we hadn’t see a recent post . Thought maybe your battery had completely drained out without solution... ;-) whew....
    09-11-19 04:19 PM
    Concerned that we hadn’t see a recent post . Thought maybe your battery had completely drained out without solution... ;-) whew....
    Chuck are you gonna ask her for date?
    09-11-19 11:08 PM
    Chuck are you gonna ask her for date?
    No. I’m already juggling a wife, Dutch girlfriend and the responsibilities of being a Russian bot.
    anon(10622733) likes this.
    09-12-19 06:29 AM
    Lol to both Yamahammer's question and Chuck's reply!!!
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    09-12-19 09:53 AM
    The results!

BlackBerry support have confirmed that my battery drain in airplane mode is 1% an hour. According to the devices they hold this is normal. They have said I could test the device further in safe mode. But I'm not.

So there you have it guys. Case closed at last!

Thank you again for all your support and your humour!
    09-12-19 01:17 PM
    Anytime..... good luck....
    09-12-19 01:40 PM
    The results!

BlackBerry support have confirmed that my battery drain in airplane mode is 1% an hour. According to the devices they hold this is normal. They have said I could test the device further in safe mode. But I'm not.

So there you have it guys. Case closed at last!

Thank you again for all your support and your humour!
    If you sleep for 8 hours that's an 8% loss while even in airplane mode. That is not at all normal. I had a spare Keyone that I placed in airplane mode and let it sit... it lasted for 17 days...
    09-14-19 07:12 PM
    Not really much more I can on this.
    But if the support team have confirmed this is normal then I can't really dispute it. Even though it's not the answer I was expecting.
    09-15-19 05:36 AM
    But if the support team have confirmed this is normal then I can't really dispute it. Even though it's not the answer I was expecting.
    Yama was just swooping in for a “date” after he thought I was gone.

Seriously though, come visit in some of the other LE or the other BB threads. We’ll all behave, We promise..

*cough ahem cough
    09-15-19 08:42 AM
    Lol to both!

Boys will be boys eh... ������

Will be sure to keep up my visits to the BlackBerry threads. Can't miss the humour!
    09-15-19 09:07 AM
    Lol to both!

Boys will be boys eh... 😁

Will be sure to keep up my visits to the BlackBerry threads. Can't miss the humour!
    09-15-19 09:07 AM
    If you go into settings -> Battery and then tap on the big green battery symbol at the top of the Battery settings page to enter "Advanced Battery Usage", can you describe what numbers you are seeing?

This screen wont list specific apps, but it will show the total usage of the following:

Apps
    Phone Idle
    System
    Cellular Standby
    Wi-fi
    Bluetooth

If you charge the phone to 100%, then remove the cable, it will reset these percentages. How are those percentages looking in the morning in terms of which category is using the most power?

If it's apps, then which apps are running?

What is the battery settings screen showing for estimated time remaining until the battery is dead?

As has been stated already, if the device is in airplane mode (so no cellular unlike if mobile data is simply turned off, which won't turn off cellular entirely), then even if Wifi is on, the device should have enough power to last for a week.

Also bear in mind, the Key2 LE has a smaller battery than the Key1 or Key 2, so the percentages we'd see on those devices would be less than on the Key2 LE for a given discharge rate.
    09-15-19 06:32 PM
    Hi chetmanley!

Thanks for your informative post.
    I have done this for BlackBerry support. Can't quite remember the usage amount but it did vary from 1 - 2% on the phone idle, cellular standby, system. It also showed Android system and screen.
    As BlackBerry support confirmed e ven in airplane mode the drain is normal.

I've recently started using the hub for my texts and calls. I've kept the email separate. It seems this is making a difference on the battery drain. Though will test is tonight.

With all said and done I'm no longer too concerned with the overnight drain. It is what it is eh ������
    09-16-19 07:35 AM
    Hi chetmanley!

Thanks for your informative post.
    I have done this for BlackBerry support. Can't quite remember the usage amount but it did vary from 1 - 2% on the phone idle, cellular standby, system. It also showed Android system and screen.
    As BlackBerry support confirmed e ven in airplane mode the drain is normal.

I've recently started using the hub for my texts and calls. I've kept the email separate. It seems this is making a difference on the battery drain. Though will test is tonight.

With all said and done I'm no longer too concerned with the overnight drain. It is what it is eh 😊
    09-16-19 07:35 AM
91 1234