Wi-Fi, data and all background data is off. I use very minimal apps.
    I have tried changing the developer options re the animation and still this amount of drain occurs.
    Putting the phone on airplane overnight doesn't help.
    I just think the phone not being used as such should not drain this much battery.
    I accept some drain is inevitaI due to the background systems still running.

Any comments welcome! 😊
    08-20-19 06:16 AM
    Wi-Fi, data and all background data is off. I use very minimal apps.
    I have tried changing the developer options re the animation and still this amount of drain occurs.
    Putting the phone on airplane overnight doesn't help.
    I just think the phone not being used as such should not drain this much battery.
    I accept some drain is inevitaI due to the background systems still running.

Any comments welcome! ������
    Does the BlackBerry LE have the app: PowerCenter? You can granularly control some app settings like launching with the OS or force them to be in Battery Optimization mode. There are some other useful options too regarding Live Wallpaper, Battery Saver, etc.
    08-20-19 08:57 AM
    Thank you for responding. Power centre I have uninstalled as it is a bit less.
    I do not use live wallpaper. All apps are in battery optimization. Even using battery save at night does prevent the drain.
    Not a clue what else to do.
    I've even tried changing the icon pack from the system one to one of the others pre-installed on the phone.

It shouldn't be losing this much battery when pretty much all apps are optimised battery wise.

I've only had the phone since this April. It's the grey slate 32GB phone.
    08-20-19 09:16 AM
    Sorry for the grammar errors. Battery saver does not prevent battery drain at night.

Thank you coffee-turtle!
    08-20-19 09:20 AM
    Hi Sheila, when you check the battery app press the three dots top right and choose show full device usage. This should give a good indication of what is using the most battery juice.
    08-20-19 11:10 AM
    Hi Falbo!
    I have done this and it's mainly phone Idle, Android OS and mobile network standby.
    I'm sure smartphones without the pkb don't srai. This much overnight. Especially if you have ensured all the settings have been changed.
    Just puzzled by this overnight battery drain or usage.
    08-20-19 02:57 PM
    Hi Falbo!
    I have done this and it's mainly phone Idle, Android OS and mobile network standby.
    I'm sure smartphones without the pkb don't srai. This much overnight. Especially if you have ensured all the settings have been changed.
    Just puzzled by this overnight battery drain or usage.
    Check what version of Google Play Services is installed. v18.3.82 is known to cause battery drain. If you have that version, join the beta and get a higher version - https://play.google.com/apps/testing...le.android.gms or download an older version from APKMirror.
    08-21-19 01:52 PM
    Thanks for your comment Bla1ze!
    Yep that's the version. Now I can stop being puzzled by the battery drain.
    I guess I can't do much about that then eh. Eugh...
    08-21-19 02:00 PM
    Apologies Bla1ze! I didn't read all your message. I'm not that technical minded but will joining the beta be safe for my device?
    Forgive my ignorance re this issue.
    08-21-19 02:22 PM
    I'm not that technical minded but will joining the beta be safe for my device?
    Yes, it will be fine. Just join, wait a few minutes and then check the Google Play Store for updates.
    08-21-19 03:18 PM
    Thank you Bla1ze. You are great and the BlackBerry community is great!
    I shall go and join the beta testing. ������
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-21-19 03:25 PM
    Results!!! Only 2% drain overnight since joining the beta programme. That's without resorting to opening developer options and simply switching off data and Wi-Fi. Wow!

Thank you Bla1ze! As they say here in the U.K. "magic" ������
    Sigewif and Bla1ze like this.
    08-22-19 02:56 AM
    Results!!! Only 2% drain overnight since joining the beta programme. That's without resorting to opening developer options and simply switching off data and Wi-Fi. Wow!

Thank you Bla1ze! As they say here in the U.K. "magic" 😁
    08-22-19 02:56 AM
    Go in to Data setting and switch background data for all apps that do not need it.
    Also switch less needee apps to wifi only.
    If Blake's suggestion fails
    08-22-19 06:54 AM
    Thank you nevilleadaniels! With data settings I've pretty much switched off all background data except for WhatsApp and e-mail. I wasn't aware that there was an option for setting Wi-Fi only on apps. Will go and tinker with the phone again.I'm still monitoring the battery drain. It took 10% again last night.
    08-23-19 02:48 AM
    At the risk of becoming too obsessive over this battery drain. I'm at a loss now that I have tried everything.
    But interestingly I bought a Huawei P smart (2018) just recently. It's now had an update to Android Pie. The phone has had no battery drain when in idle mode with Wi-Fi and background data all switched off.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.
    If I get too fed up of the drain I may just sell the Blackberry LE phone.
    08-25-19 10:17 AM
    Or I could wait for the Android pie update (lol). Apparently the update sorts battery life out. But that is a whole other conversation! Take care folks. ������
    08-25-19 10:41 AM
    Or I could wait for the Android pie update (lol). Apparently the update sorts battery life out. But that is a whole other conversation! Take care folks. ������
    What are those 6 symbols at the end of your post? All I see are diamonds with question marks in them
    08-26-19 11:04 AM
    Hello the_boon!
    It was meant to be a smiley face. Not sure where these diamond questions marks have come from.
    08-26-19 12:54 PM
    What are those 6 symbols at the end of your post? All I see are diamonds with question marks in them
    You must be using a PC I can see the smiley ☺ face on the app using my K2
    08-27-19 03:23 AM
    Nope Falbo I haven't been using a PC for these posts. Enjoy using the wonderful keyboard on the LE even though I still make spelling and grammatical errors. Lol!
    08-27-19 09:07 AM
    You must be using a PC I can see the smiley face on the app using my K2
    I was actually on my Pixel 3 lol

Strangely, her Smileys showed up as diamonds with question marks but they come out fine on my LE.
    08-27-19 09:25 AM
    At the risk of becoming too obsessive over this battery drain. I'm at a loss now that I have tried everything.
    Have you tried to go into your apps' settings to check if any of them have any protocol set to run overnight?

Some apps have an option to sync accounts or backup data overnight (when, presumably, there's less device usage and therefore less impact on the device's performance), for example.

If that's the case, turning off data and internet connection overnight could make the app constantly try to establish a connection so it can run it's protocol, causing the battery drain.

You mentioned that the main causes of your battery drain issue indicated in the battery monitor are phone idle, OS and mobile network standby, so maybe it's your accounts logged in the device trying to sync? If you don't turn off data and Wi-Fi overnight, is the battery drain the same?
    08-27-19 04:55 PM
    Hello wmatsura!

Thankyou so much for that advice. I will follow the advice you have given me.

Never thought of leaving the data on overnight. The tech publications that I have read always state to switch this type of stuff off.

So I have to say I have certainly learned something new from your good self!

I shall update the thread with my results soon! ������
    08-28-19 03:37 AM
    Hello wmatsura!

Thankyou so much for that advice. I will follow the advice you have given me.

Never thought of leaving the data on overnight. The tech publications that I have read always state to switch this type of stuff off.

So I have to say I have certainly learned something new from your good self!

I shall update the thread with my results soon! 😊
    08-28-19 03:37 AM
91 123 ...