Here's mine :

- Better cameras. Of course. You knew that one was coming.

- Remove the "hold" restriction on the speed key.
    I never find myself using the speed key. The fact that you have to HOLD it while pressing another key feels wrong. I usually press the home button then the other app's hotkey. You can do that with a single hand and it feels less clunky/awkward.

- The screenshot hotkeys : power+sound buttons. I usually fail at it multiple times when I try to take a screenshot and it can be tilting. Can we just have a screenshot app to hotkey on S instead ? Or the ability to use the convenience key for this ?

- The ability to hide the virtual keyboard that pops up when pressing the "sym" key. As a non-english speaker, I use the "sym" key a lot for the many accents that my language features (e, ê, é, è, ë, etc.) but seeing the virtual keyboard pop up and down repeatedly doesn't feel right. I wish there was an option to have it hidden, so that if functions like a second "alt" button.
    cyberdoggie, phuoc, ck2nb and 1 others like this.
    01-26-19 10:53 AM
    Stereo speakers like in the Passport! And the removal of physical android navigation buttons. Just make them onscreen.
    01-26-19 11:25 AM
    I am not sure if any of these features will happen because they will push the price of the device up even more. I of course wish they release a premium keyone but the last time they tried that was the PRIV and that was a colossal failure so I am not sure what they will do for the key 3.
    Last edited by Bravestar79; 01-26-19 at 12:50 PM.
    01-26-19 11:37 AM
    Keep the overall style of the key 2.

Same Keyboard but with all spacebar and fingerprint sensor issues resolved

Get rid of capacitive buttons

Bigger screen with notch.

I believe my list is realistic because they have already developed the keyboard and it is fundamentally good. In another thread i spoke of how i believe the current keyboard design is here to stay. The spacebar issues are due to manufacturing problems so they have plenty of time to sort this out.

So it mostly comes down to the screen. You can buy budget phones now with bezel-less displays and by the time key3 comes out, component costs will have come down further.

The basic template of the key2 is really good and i think it is a design language which will continue down at least a couple more iterations, a bit like the iphone designs. There really is no need for a signifigant change. This will represent a saving for them which can be used for better tech
    01-26-19 11:48 AM
    Camera improvements for all others who are not happy

Dedicated cntr and right shift keys

Ability to assign functions (screenshot, home, back, recent, last app etc.) to shortcut keys. Fully customizable keypad

100% Support for other launchers and keyboards
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-26-19 12:07 PM
    Let the speed key be used sequentially like shift and alt on classic BlackBerry devices.

That's it for me. All the improvements I want to see have to do with the Launcher, navigation and Hub+ Suite. That's all on BlackBerry Limited.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    AmritD likes this.
    01-26-19 12:13 PM
    Who the hell wants a notch?!! The future will be screen embedded tech.

For the love of all things holy, on screen nav buttons.
    01-26-19 02:07 PM
    Let the speed key be used sequentially like shift and alt on classic BlackBerry devices.

That's it for me. All the improvements I want to see have to do with the Launcher, navigation and Hub+ Suite. That's all on BlackBerry Limited.

THIS!
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    01-26-19 02:12 PM
    i want on time updates!
    i.e. not wait in february for january update
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    01-26-19 02:47 PM
    As soon as we have gesture navigation, I'll be all for on screen navigation, but, unfortunately, for now, I'm simply too dependent on those horrible buttons to want them any less reliable. I've never seen on screen nav that worked as well as dedicated buttons.

Personally, I'd prefer the nav buttons as mechanical controls as part of the PKB, instead of being capacitive, for the same reason as above.

BigAl_BB9900 and RWIndiana like this.
    01-26-19 02:49 PM
    Who the hell wants a notch?!! The future will be screen embedded tech.

I'm being realistic. Obviously my wish would be a truly premium device with the latest tech, but that isn't going to happen. If you want the future then BB isnt the phone for you.

So yeah id be happy with a notch for now
    01-26-19 02:55 PM
    They could just move the control button functions to Q, W and E and be done with it.
    01-26-19 02:56 PM
    They could just move the control button functions to Q, W and E and be done with it.
    But, if the user is in text entry/editing mode, that won't work! And if you add a second key requirement (alt, shift, speed) then it slows things down too much.

01-26-19 02:58 PM
    True. Well, since the convenience key is superfluous on a 35 buttons device, they could have it display the control panel instead ?
    01-26-19 03:02 PM
    True. Well, since the convenience key is superfluous on a 35 buttons device, they could have it display the control panel instead ?
    A two-step process to activate essential controls is pretty awful, IMO. The win here is for BB10-type gestures that will render the control buttons optional. So long as I only need them occasionally, I'm happy to have them be screen-based.

01-26-19 03:17 PM
    i want on time updates!
    LOL. And I want a million dollars...
    01-26-19 03:37 PM
    i want on time updates!
    You need to accept the reality of fact that updates get pushed whenever they get pushed... Monthly updates is simply an unrealistic expectation.

I have been in this game far too long to expect the promised monthly updates... you might as well get on board with accepting this too... 👍 😁

Bob
    01-26-19 03:49 PM
    i want on time updates!
    Most enterprises and governments are 3-6 months behind on patches and don't believe they are sacrificing meaningful security. There are very, very few vulnerabilities that are exploited in the real world that weren't patched many months or years ago.

Staying current on patches typically requires that you don't fall > 90-180 days behind. Personally, I'd rather get updates after they have been extensively tested.

01-26-19 03:53 PM
    Stereo speakers like in the Passport!
    There isn't enough room for stereo speakers and they would be of questionable value when set an inch apart anyway. Better to ask for a slightly larger speaker. Most people don't want a phone the size of the Passport, and without that much internal space, stereo speakers just don't make sense.
    01-26-19 04:36 PM
    There isn't enough room for stereo speakers and they would be of questionable value when set an inch apart anyway. Better to ask for a slightly larger speaker. Most people don't want a phone the size of the Passport, and without that much internal space, stereo speakers just don't make sense.
    They could also try to use the earpiece as a secondary speaker, as done in a lot of Huawei phones... Works great. The speaker at the bottom for the lower ends. It works on my trusty Huawei, which is thinner than my Key2, so I don't see why it wouldn't work on a Key3. But I have to agree, passport style speakers might not be ideal.
    01-26-19 08:19 PM
    stereo speakers. proper dac
    01-26-19 10:44 PM
    -Spacebar like KEYone/LE

-IP rating (see my thread on why it's possible with a PKB)

-OLED from Samsung

-No capacitive keys, screen stretches down to right keyboard

-Brighter LED light with option to make it pulsate like KEY2/LE or just on/off like every other BB device.

-OIS in rear camera
    01-27-19 01:02 AM
    I can make a list but it would be the same as saying, make K3 as new Classic with OLED. Even CEO wants it! Key series is far from it in every aspect (size, keyboard, sw capabilities).
    01-27-19 01:41 AM
    As soon as we have gesture navigation, I'll be all for on screen navigation, but, unfortunately, for now, I'm simply too dependent on those horrible buttons to want them any less reliable. I've never seen on screen nav that worked as well as dedicated buttons.

Personally, I'd prefer the nav buttons as mechanical controls as part of the PKB, instead of being capacitive, for the same reason as above.

^^^^^ THIS...

...AND Speakers that are as least as good as the ones on my Passport (Key2 doesn't cut it if 3 or 4 of us want to use it as a conference phone - the mic is just about acceptable).
    WES51 likes this.
    01-27-19 08:30 AM
    wider phone like passport!
    mtalinm and Denis Pelland like this.
    01-27-19 08:30 AM
246 123 ...