I have the official OEM soft she'll case for my Key2 and love it. But I notice that I type way better without a case. Maybe it's that I can feel the device better or that the phone feels better naked in the hand. Whatever the reason I prefer using the phone and typing naked compared to a case.

How's your typing experience on the Key2? Have you noticed a difference in your typing naked or with a case?
    12-21-18 11:29 AM
    On my KEY2, I have a simple transparent TPU case off Amazon and I'll admit: I too enjoy typing more without a case! I find that without a case on, I feel just that much more of a direct connection with the device. I mean, overall everything feels much better without having to have a case on it. I always prefer the naked feeling of my devices; but of course, the trade-off being the risk of damaging the device.
    12-21-18 10:08 PM
    Typing "naked" without a case is definitely a good experience, but I feel more confident ever since I got my Tudia dual layer case and a phone ring holder. I don't worry anymore about dropping my phone. Get a phone ring holder and you'll be pleasantly surprised!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-22-18 10:27 AM
    No difference with me typing with a case or typing naked. All I know is that I enjoy typing on this phone. I'm curious to see how they will one up themselves on the KEY3 with respect to the keyboard.
    12-22-18 12:27 PM
    I have the official blackberry flip case and when you flip it on the back to type it can be tiresome on long mail or long messages and du the space between the cover (on flip position) it makes the PKB a little bit noisy.
    I would like to use it naked but do my work the K2 need's a minimum of protection
    12-22-18 01:03 PM
    I'm away from my key2 right now (took my Mate 9 on a trip for camera purposes). I'm having pkb withdrawals.
    Last edited by Byrese; 12-22-18 at 08:39 PM.
    12-22-18 04:57 PM
    No difference with me typing with a case or typing naked. All I know is that I enjoy typing on this phone. I'm curious to see how they will one up themselves on the KEY3 with respect to the keyboard.
    By fixing keyboard issues and perhaps camera

Ever since I have started using slim case, the typing experience has enhanced big time. The flip case I had did make the phone balance odd at times. Typing naked will of course is the best experience
    12-23-18 03:42 AM
    I got a silver but sold it and bought a black. I found I typed slightly better on the silver due to being able to differentiate the black keys better (silver lines separating each row). Still, I like the black key2 better though.
    Last edited by Byrese; 12-23-18 at 02:06 PM.
    12-23-18 10:13 AM
    I got a silver but sold it and bought a black. I found I typed slightly better on the soccer due to being able to differentiate the black keys better since silver lines separating each row. Still, I like the black key2 better though.
    Soccer? Typed “Better” ? LOL just couldn’t resist
    12-23-18 01:54 PM
    Soccer? Typed “Better” ? LOL just couldn’t resist
    Lol. Today's what happens when typing on glass!
    12-23-18 02:05 PM
    Lol. Today's what happens when typing on glass!
    Aw man... I just saw your older posts.... not as funny now......LOL. Hope you’re having fun .....
    12-23-18 03:14 PM
    It's funny... I've been using my Mate 9 for a few min tonight. Immediate typos in my posts. (Unlike my pkb Key2) Lol
    the_boon likes this.
    12-28-18 09:54 PM
    Absolutely true,, typing on a naked device is an absolutely better experience !
    I was using in past always punch type cases that allow me to use the phone naked but unfortunately my 3 years old baby several times pick up my device so to be protected I am obliged to use a flip case.
    12-29-18 03:22 AM
    It's funny... I've been using my Mate 9 for a few min tonight. Immediate typos in my posts. (Unlike my pkb Key2) Lol
    That's quite funny - I also do own a Mate9, which was the phone I used before the Key2. Usually, I sell my old phones, but I kept the Mate9. Yes, it's VKB, but it's one hell of a good phone. Camera, Screen, Stereo speakers, all on point.
    And come to think of it, these are the points I hope TCL will improve the most on with the Key2.

I always take the Mate hiking because I'm a little bit scared of defecting or breaking my beloved Blackberry
    Byrese likes this.
    12-29-18 05:13 AM
    Depends on case type. (pun intended lol). Belt clip on Seidio belt clip holsters provide a pretty solid grasp point for single handing. Definitely faster single handing my LE and K1 with those cases. Imo.
    Attached Thumbnails Your Typing Experience Different with a Case?-img_20181221_034424.jpg   Your Typing Experience Different with a Case?-img_20181221_033040.jpg  
    12-29-18 06:13 AM
    Cases make phones bulky and difficult to carry or put in the pocket. Also typing experience change with a cover on,, it's smooth like butter without the case and I remove the cover when I'm home on day offs but cases do protect the phones everytime they fall. I dropped mine most times in truck when I wasn't using any cover but that landed me to a scratch and color peeling off from one corner of my key2 and I didn't liked that,, I've been using cases ever since and I got 5 different ones for my key2.
    12-29-18 06:42 AM
    Cases make phones bulky and difficult to carry or put in the pocket. Also typing experience change with a cover on,, it's smooth like butter without the case and I remove the cover when I'm home on day offs but cases do protect the phones everytime they fall. I dropped mine most times in truck when I wasn't using any cover but that landed me to a scratch and color peeling off from one corner of my key2 and I didn't liked that,, I've been using cases ever since and I got 5 different ones for my key2.
    I do the exact same thing. At home mostly naked cashed of the feel of the device. Typing naked is just another world on this thing (yes I said it ). Outdoors I put my OEM soft shell case on. Typing experience is different but the feel of the case is like butter.
    12-29-18 10:47 AM
    That's quite funny - I also do own a Mate9, which was the phone I used before the Key2. Usually, I sell my old phones, but I kept the Mate9. Yes, it's VKB, but it's one hell of a good phone. Camera, Screen, Stereo speakers, all on point.
    And come to think of it, these are the points I hope TCL will improve the most on with the Key2.

I always take the Mate hiking because I'm a little bit scared of defecting or breaking my beloved Blackberry
    Mate 9 is awesome. I'll be going back to it as my DD after I sell my key2. Like this device a lot but it'll be time to move on soon.
    12-29-18 11:01 AM
    On my KEY2, I have a simple transparent TPU case off Amazon and I'll admit: I too enjoy typing more without a case! I find that without a case on, I feel just that much more of a direct connection with the device. I mean, overall everything feels much better without having to have a case on it. I always prefer the naked feeling of my devices; but of course, the trade-off being the risk of damaging the device.
    Same bro i also use a clear TPU case bought off amazon and its been good BUT yer right its soooo much better typing without a case on just feels better. I also use a side pouch as well in case i want to listen to music with a bluetooth headset as well. Keeps hands free. I bought i side holster case from PDAair.
    12-29-18 12:12 PM
    So you're gonna sell the KEY2 even though typing on glass sucks a** as you clearly saw from using the Mate 9 for a few minutes ?
    12-29-18 08:12 PM
    So you're gonna sell the KEY2 even though typing on glass sucks a** as you clearly saw from using the Mate 9 for a few minutes ?
    12-29-18 08:12 PM
    So I drove my naked Mate 9 tonight for New Year's Eve (for pics) and I dropped it. As I picked it up I thought "thank God it wasn't my Key2". Lol!
    01-01-19 02:38 AM
    Slightly different but I can't decide if it on positive or negative side
    Byrese likes this.
    01-01-19 02:44 AM
    Over the past few weeks I've left the case on all the time (I use to take it off sometimes at home). While I stll think the experience is a bit different I've gotten better at typing. It doesn't feel as different as it did before.

On another note, I think this is one phone you kind of have to use for a while before you know how to type and handle it efficiently. But the more I use "my Berry" the more I can't give it up .
    RegN likes this.
    01-15-19 08:47 PM
    No difference here either.
    01-15-19 09:33 PM
29 12