Hi all

Newbie here... I use to have a curve then went to HTC but within 6 months I had to go back to my BB... went onto getting the Bold... but later felt BB was lacking so took the plunge and got the note 3... didn't regret as such and I felt BB was falling behind abit and Android offered more... after 5/6 years of Samsung I still say I miss my blackberry... last year I was very excited with the launch of the key1 with android but due to dropping my Samsung S7 i had to upgrade instantly so I'm currently holding a S8 in hand... now with the Key2 out for a few months and hoping to upgrade early and with my heart 99% set on the Key2 I'm just doing my final run around before i commit... So after reading ALL that what do you guys truly think of the Key2? I want real feed back as I've found some of the reviews out there to be bias with reviewers comparing it to the likes of iPhone or Samsung galaxy S ranges... BB is clearly in its own league and can not be compared to those entertainment units. So looking for some first hand experiences and thoughts... Sorry for the long winded blurb... TIA
    11-06-18 04:06 PM
    Lots of threads here discussing it. Just take a look.
    11-06-18 05:29 PM
    get it of Amazon, test it and if dissatisfied just return it within 14 days.
    do let us know
    11-06-18 05:44 PM
    What exactly do you want to hear about the KEY2?

Keyboard? Display? Camera? Sound? Etc...
    11-06-18 06:01 PM
    Like you, OP, I dumped BB back in 2014 for the Note2. Ending in the Note8. I'm currently typing to you on my 2 month old blackberry key2 and my note8 is sitting on the table. I have all the social media apps I had on the note8. The awesomeness of the smooth integration of the BlackBerry Hub being baked into the BlackBerry Launcher of the Key2. I love this phone. And typing on a PKB, although taking over a month to get used to again, is so sweet. Hope to see you enjoying one soon. Or at least the Key2 LE.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-06-18 06:12 PM
    I have always had a BlackBerry PKB device since 2005. I've had them all except the Passport and currently I have been using a KEY2 for almost a month now after transitioning from a PRIV after 3 years. I've tried devices from Samsung, Google, and Apple. I am not one that can deal with typing on glass. Yes, those other devices are great devices and so is the KEY2... are any of those devices perfect without some shortcomings? No... is the KEY2 a perfect device without some shortcomings? No...

I have learned over the years there are pluses and minuses with all the devices offered. For me personally the BlackBerry KEY2 does what I require from a smartphone device. Would those other devices do the same? Undoubtedly yes...

But I prefer to do what I need to get accomplished on a smartphone device using a PKB. If having a PKB is as important to you as it is to me then the KEY2 is the right choice in my opinion.

Bob
    11-06-18 06:42 PM
    By the way, a suggestion that benefitted me on my Key2. I shut off all gestures on the PKB. If I want to select text to correct, there's a three lined menu button on screen I can touch and it brings up the text selection/directional arrows so I can get to cursor mode. Love it. No more mistaken double tapping and invoking something I don't want, or moving the cursor into the middle of a paragraph anymore. I just have to be careful not to hit those capacitive keys. And like I said previously, after over a month, I'm back to PKB greatness.
    11-06-18 06:56 PM
    I've had my Key 2 for about 6 months now and I absolutes love it. it's mainly my business phone and my daily driver is my IPhone. I low the PKB and all the features blackberry offers. Honestly there has been moments where I thought about putting my iPhone aside and just using the Key 2 as my daily driver but it being on the AT&T network and not Verizon like my iPhone is the main reason I haven't made that change.
    11-06-18 11:44 PM
    ooo thank you... that's what I missed the PKB... and BB being a communicator not an entertainment unit... the ease I found with it... nice to hear from actual users after months of use rather than days/weeks... just waiting on the sales session to start next week in the UK to make sure I'm getting the best deal... and I'll be back with BB!!
    11-07-18 12:44 AM
    took the plunge and ordered today!!! so excited to return to bb
    GoGoGoose, Mamaluka and the_boon like this.
    11-07-18 03:07 PM
    Hi all

Newbie here... I use to have a curve then went to HTC but within 6 months I had to go back to my BB... went onto getting the Bold... but later felt BB was lacking so took the plunge and got the note 3... didn't regret as such and I felt BB was falling behind abit and Android offered more... after 5/6 years of Samsung I still say I miss my blackberry... last year I was very excited with the launch of the key1 with android but due to dropping my Samsung S7 i had to upgrade instantly so I'm currently holding a S8 in hand... now with the Key2 out for a few months and hoping to upgrade early and with my heart 99% set on the Key2 I'm just doing my final run around before i commit... So after reading ALL that what do you guys truly think of the Key2? I want real feed back as I've found some of the reviews out there to be bias with reviewers comparing it to the likes of iPhone or Samsung galaxy S ranges... BB is clearly in its own league and can not be compared to those entertainment units. So looking for some first hand experiences and thoughts... Sorry for the long winded blurb... TIA
    k
    11-07-18 06:22 PM