Hello,

I am contemplating purchasing a Key2.
    I am currently trying out the bb Classic to replace my Samsung Galaxy note 10plus.
    I am enjoying the Classic's minimalism. Problem is I do need a better video quality and instagram stories for my work. Of course my Samsungs video quality is remarkable and I don't really need it to be so good.
    How do you rate the Key2's video quality ?

And regardless of my personnal needs, I would love to have your general pros and cons on this device !
    11-19-20 03:10 AM
    Man it would be really weird to go from a Note 10+ to a Classic.

Dual carrying them would be fine because they each offer basically the exact opposite of the other, but the N10+ is obviously the more capable device.

The KEY2 would kind of be a bridge between the two, as it brings a bigger display and full Android which the Classic lacks, but for anything media/camera related, the N10+ is still miles ahead of the KEY2.

Basically, if you must only have one device and want a keyboard, go for the KEY2.

If you're okay carrying two around, I guess you could do Classic and N10+ combo.

And this is only if you're located somewhere where they'll be keeping 3G bands around for a bit longer.

Though I would still advise a KEY2 and Note combo instead, which is what I have now.
    Sapient Mule likes this.
    11-19-20 08:02 AM
    Pro: It has a keyboard and some BB10 "like" software.

Con: It's midgrade hardware from 2018, stuck on a 2017 version of Android that no longer getting security patches. And hardware is way overpriced at this point due to limited availability.

Don't know how much of your "work" requires videos or what kind of videos you shoot. But if it's for work and it makes you money... I'd use the best tools you can get. How much typing do you do on your phone vs picture and video shooting?
    Sapient Mule likes this.
    11-19-20 08:06 AM
    Thanks to both of you for your answers. I walk a pack of dogs in the woods and I just do some basic filming of their shenanigans during the walk, and post them on my instagram story.
    I post photos as well on the feed but i use my Fuji camera for that.
    So video quality has it's importance, but i am thinking it doesn't have to be as good as the N10plus. Insta stories lower the quality of the original video anyways so my clients aren't really getting the full value of my phones performances.
    I have seen a youtube video comparing the KEY2 video vs the IphoneX video and they don't have that much diffence. It might do the trick.
    I just find KEY2 devices to be ridiculously expensive even 3 years later (500 - 600€).
    Might just go for a Classic / N10+ combo, see how that works for me
    cheers
    11-19-20 02:55 PM
    Thanks to both of you for your answers. I walk a pack of dogs in the woods and I just do some basic filming of their shenanigans during the walk, and post them on my instagram story.
    So video quality has it's importance, but i am thinking it doesn't have to be as good as the N10plus. Insta stories lower the quality of the original video anyways so my clients aren't really getting the full value of my phones performances.
    I have seen a youtube video comparing the KEY2 video vs the IphoneX video and they don't have that much diffence. It might do the trick.
    I just find KEY2 devices to be ridiculously expensive even 3 years later (500 - 600€).
    cheers
    Lol no way man the iPhone X camera quality for both photos and videos is gonna be way way way better than the KEY2
    Sapient Mule likes this.
    11-20-20 07:26 AM
    cheers
    If you have the Classic... I'd just stick with that Combo with your NOTE for now. Maybe see what Onward Mobility does next year.
    Sapient Mule likes this.
    11-20-20 07:36 AM
    I agree, I can't imagine it would even compete with the iphone 6
    11-20-20 07:39 AM
    Agreed, I can't imagine the KEY2 would even compete with the Iphone 6 in that department. To be fair, I was watching the youtube video from my bb Classic so I wasn't exactly getting all the nuances.
    11-20-20 08:09 AM
    Yup that's exactly the plan. I'll be suing the Classic as my main phone (text, calls, whatsapp - although a little laggy-). As for my samsung, i'll use it for filming during the day and will post the videos from the wifi at the end of the day. It will also serve as a sort of home phablet.

I will definitely keep an ear out for any updates from O.M
    11-20-20 08:16 AM