Prime Day Deals:FireTV Stick $15 | Echo Dot $23
    Using Blokada since 3 weeks.
    Scary, isn't it?
    What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Are you scared like me?-44987.jpg  
    05-17-19 05:36 PM
    Why is it scary? At least you can visualize the data flow. Imagine how much flows that you don't see simply from sticking your SIM in your device and where that data goes, who sees it, and who can scrutinize it, may gain access to it, etc.
    05-17-19 05:50 PM
    Why is it scary? At least you can visualize the data flow. Imagine how much flows that you don't see simply from sticking your SIM in your device and where that data goes, who sees it, and who can scrutinize it.
    More than 30t blocked trackers in three weeks is scary, I think.
    That makes me feel I have a spy tool in my hands.
    BlackBerry named this device as the most secure mobile phone.
    05-17-19 05:54 PM
    You effectively do. That's why seeing the data shouldn't be scary. At least you can see that data. Imagine all the data that flows that you DON'T see about you. That's scarier.
    05-17-19 05:54 PM
    You do. That's why seeing the data shouldn't be scary. At least you can see that data. Imagine all the data that flows that you DON'T see about you. That's scarier.
    That doesn't make me feel better with my "most secure device"
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-17-19 05:56 PM
    That doesn't make me feel better with my "most secure device"
    Most secure by comparison. If you were concerned about being super secure, you wouldn't have a phone to begin with. As soon as you slide a SIM in any device, you're pretty much becoming a beacon. All you can do is minimize the impacts, by using tools such as Blockada.
    Elky64, chain13 and melhiore like this.
    05-17-19 05:58 PM
    A few years ago we where afraid about intruders. Now we should be afraid about about the OS, and the apps we are using.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-17-19 06:00 PM
    A few years ago we where afraid about intruders. Now we should be afraid about about the OS, and the apps we are using.
    Pretty much, but like I said you can only take measures to minimize the impact. Just like locks on your doors. Locks never really kept intruders out, they were deterrents. If someone wanted in, they could get in.
    Elky64 and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-17-19 06:38 PM
    30k blocked says nothing.
    A) this can count retries of failed communication which makes the number too high
    B) a paranoid tool can be blocking even regular ad servers calls and counting it as "blocked threats" just to look more useful

Do you have any breakdown by issuing app and destination server or IP/port?
    Elky64 and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-17-19 09:16 PM
    BB10 is more secured?
    05-18-19 09:14 PM
    BlackBerry named this device as the most secure mobile phone.
    Almost all trackers are for analytics and advertising. You need to dive deeper to understand the threat level, and that all comes down to the apps that YOU decide to install and use.

Use the Exodus app to look at each app's use of trackers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-18-19 09:19 PM
    Almost all trackers are for analytics and advertising. You need to dive deeper to understand the threat level, and that all comes down to the apps that YOU decide to install and use.

Use the Exodus app to look at each app's use of trackers.
    I used now the Exodus app and let check the CB app..... Well, the feedback is...19 trackers. @Bla1ze....what are you tracking? Why so many trackers? Are you scared like me?-screenshot_20190519-092822.jpeg
    05-19-19 01:31 AM
    I used now the Exodus app and let check the CB app..... Well, the feedback is...19 trackers. @Bla1ze....what are you tracking? Why so many trackers? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190519-092822.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	444459
    You literally have the list in front of you for your personal research. Look each of them up. Ads, analytics, Twitter integration, Facebook integration, all there for you to review.
    05-19-19 01:35 AM
    You literally have the list in front of you for your personal research. Look each of them up. Ads, analytics, Twitter integration, Facebook integration, all there for you to review.
    Thank you my friend...but why so many trackers?
    05-19-19 01:39 AM
    Thank you my friend...but why so many trackers?
    Because it's 2019 and that's how large portions of the internet work. Not everything deemed a tracker is a tracker and not everything added to the site can we entirely control.

For example: if we want to embed Twitter posts on the blog, that requires adding things from Twitter. It all gets marked or looked at as a tracker.

If people want to be able to login using Facebook or share to Facebook or even link to Facebook, it requires we add things from Facebook.

Say we want to embed a YouTube video or someone adds a YouTube video here for others, it requires we add things to the site from YouTube in order to show that content. It all gets marked or looked at as a tracker.

If we want to track bugs on the site or site speed and efficiency, it requires adding things to the site that some folks see as bad trackers.

If the site is to make any money and continue on, it requires ads and those ads require additional software marked as trackers.

Simply the way the internet works these days. Which is why tools exist to block such things and options for opting out exist.

(Should also note, we don't build the app you referenced. TapaTalk does)
    05-19-19 01:57 AM