Promised monthly updates
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    10-09-18 07:27 PM
    I wouldn't mind it but I'm not one of those that just need an update every month for the sake of it.

As far as the major glitches are taken care of, the updates aren't necessary.
    Last edited by TheBond; 10-09-18 at 08:36 PM.
    10-09-18 07:46 PM
    Promised monthly updates
    mralgi likes this.
    10-09-18 09:11 PM
    I wouldn't mind it but I'm not one of those that just need an update every month for the sake of it.

Don't care much either. But when a major company tells me they're going to do something, I do expect them to deliver in some reasonable capacity. No?
    10-09-18 09:18 PM
    Don't care much either. But when a major company tells me they're going to do something, I do expect them to deliver in some reasonable capacity. No?
    Now, that's just crazy talk.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    mralgi likes this.
    10-10-18 06:33 PM

So security updates every month are for the sake of it? Well, I guess if you don't care about security, then it sure is...
    10-12-18 01:13 PM
    So security updates every month are for the sake of it? Well, I guess if you don't care about security, then it sure is...
    I hope you didn't read my comment properly. I did say if they're major issues, then yes. I don't believe Android has major security breaches every month anyways. It's just a marketing ploy and strategy to keep the users happy about their security being looked at each month. Major breaches are timely patched.

Also, do you think the so-called patches are fully real? https://www.wired.com/story/android-...s-from-you/amp
    10-12-18 06:49 PM
    I hope you didn't read my comment properly. I did say if they're major issues, then yes. I don't believe Android has major security breaches every month anyways. It's just a marketing ploy and strategy to keep the users happy about their security being looked at each month. Major breaches are timely patched.

Also, do you think the so-called patches are fully real? https://www.wired.com/story/android-...s-from-you/amp
    Good article, thanks for sharing. Who is responsible for updating the Key2 - BBM or TCL? TCL doesn't sit very well on the ranking.
    10-12-18 07:39 PM
    Good article, thanks for sharing. Who is responsible for updating the Key2 - BBM or TCL? TCL doesn't sit very well on the ranking.
    I wouldn't know for sure but I believe it'll be BBMo, since they manage the software. TCL has its own phones manages by them.
    I wouldn't think BlackBerry would be too pleased if TCL played their game on these devices too, but I might be wrong

TCL does look bad in that article.
    10-12-18 07:54 PM