Hey guys, so I did an RMA exchange through BlackBerry Mobile and I have a question about the screen. The unit on the left is the replacement that was sent to me and on the right is the unit I'll be sending back to them. As you can see, the unit they sent me has a yellow tint that I can't seem to get rid of. All the display settings are the same on both phones, has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it or am I stuck with this? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Yellow Screen?-img-0160.jpg  
    06-28-19 10:40 PM
    Hey guys, so I did an RMA exchange through BlackBerry Mobile and I have a question about the screen. The unit on the left is the replacement that was sent to me and on the right is the unit I'll be sending back to them. As you can see, the unit they sent me has a yellow tint that I can't seem to get rid of. All the display settings are the same on both phones, has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it or am I stuck with this? Thanks in advance.
    Had it on several devices; your Screen Mode is set to Warm. Go to Settings, Display, Screen mode and change it to Normal.
    06-29-19 12:45 AM
    Had it on several devices; your Screen Mode is set to Warm. Go to Settings, Display, Screen mode and change it to Normal.
    Hi thanks, I should have clarified that the screen mode on both is already set to normal and it still has the yellow tint. Was that the only fix you were able to find?
    06-29-19 12:52 AM
    Hi thanks, I should have clarified that the screen mode on both is already set to normal and it still has the yellow tint. Was that the only fix you were able to find?
    Yes but just make sure you are not on Night mode:

Setting, Display, Night mode - if it's On then turn it Off

If the device is not on Night mode then its defected; as I mentioned, it happened to me several times with devices that were sent to me from @BlackBerry Mobile repair centers.
    06-29-19 12:56 AM
    Yes but just make sure you are not on Night mode:

Setting, Display, Night mode - if it's On then turn it Off

If the device is not on Night mode then its defected; as I mentioned, it happened to me several times with devices that were sent to me from @BlackBerry Mobile repair centers.
    Thanks again. It is not on night mode. I'll try a factory reset, if it doesn't work then I guess I'll have to get it replaced again. Thanks again for your help.
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-29-19 01:00 AM
    I encountered the same issue in January when I did an Advance Exchange with my KEY2 through BlackBerry Technical Support. The refurbished replacement, which was a July 2018 build date, had a yellowish tint to the screen. I went through all the display settings and I wasn't able to get the screen to be the same as my original KEY2 with an August 2018 build date.

Needless to say I returned the refurbished replacement and kept my original KEY2.

Bob
    06-30-19 10:26 AM
    Thanks again. It is not on night mode. I'll try a factory reset, if it doesn't work then I guess I'll have to get it replaced again. Thanks again for your help.
    If you put the slider all the way to "cold", does it look normal or still yellowish?
    06-30-19 10:50 AM
    If you put the slider all the way to "cold", does it look normal or still yellowish?
    With my replacement device I wasn't able to make any correction to the screen using the slider in Screen Mode. Also, the Keyboard Brightness sliders would not adjust either.

Bob
    06-30-19 11:06 AM
    I encountered the same issue in January when I did an Advance Exchange with my KEY2 through BlackBerry Technical Support. The refurbished replacement, which was a July 2018 build date, had a yellowish tint to the screen. I went through all the display settings and I wasn't able to get the screen to be the same as my original KEY2 with an August 2018 build date.

Needless to say I returned the refurbished replacement and kept my original KEY2.

Bob
    I spoke to them again and I'm just going to do another exchange.
    06-30-19 04:29 PM
    When I do that the screen gets super blue.
    06-30-19 04:30 PM
    I spoke to them again and I'm just going to do another exchange.
    I'm curious what the build date is on the refurbishment replacement you received?

Bob
    06-30-19 04:48 PM
    I'm curious what the build date is on the refurbishment replacement you received?

Bob
    Where would I find that info?
    06-30-19 04:49 PM
    I had same issues with a few handset!

replaced 5 to get a proper decent screen!
    06-30-19 04:56 PM
    Type *#2886# in the phone dialer.

Select Manual and then Traceability.

Bob
    06-30-19 04:57 PM
    Type *#2886# in the phone dialer.

Select Manual and then Traceability.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Yellow Screen?-screenshot_20190630-160541.jpg   Yellow Screen?-screenshot_20190630-160552.jpg  
    06-30-19 05:10 PM
    An oldie... July 10. My replacement in January had a build date of July 3. Maybe a bad run with the screens having the yellow tint that week... 😂

Bob
    06-30-19 05:14 PM
    Maybe a bad run?
    Was there ever a good run?
    Bob80220 likes this.
    06-30-19 08:02 PM
    Was there ever a good run?
    Hahaha

Well, March 2019 - present
    06-30-19 08:24 PM