It would be interesting however to get some kind of indication as to how many Key series phones have sold.
    Article on KEYone numbers. 850,000.

https://9to5google.com/2018/02/26/bl...-accomplished/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-19 08:13 PM
    Linguistic and writing tip, when referring to multiple parties in a sentence, always put others before yourself.
    Good tip, and I agree, although I believe in today's topsy turvy world of the Kings English both are correct, sad I know. In professional and personal relationships I always regard myself in a servant leadership capacity. Now, back to the topic at hand,
    04-29-19 08:16 PM
    How is it not better to speak the truth, and speak it soon?
    I never said to not speak about the issues. Ever. I'm the one who posted about the apps going EoL lol and I believe if people are upset with things, then they should be discussed. I just said to stop claiming spin and shills when things are said you don't agree with it. If you can't see the difference there, then I dunno what to tell ya.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    04-29-19 08:18 PM

Yes. But again, that was an uncorroborated number by a single analyst less than 6 months after the launch of the first BBMo device.

The only thing official we have is that there was a 10% year-over-year increase in sales, as reported in February.
    Vistaus and hamilgs like this.
    04-29-19 08:23 PM
    Yes, Thurber and Clewley leaving has me wondering how much more BlackBerry will be pushing BlackBerry Secure into new territory, but it doesn't speak to the existing licencing with BBMo - apart from some kernel hardening, a few apps, and packaging, BBMo is pretty much running that project on its own.
    Lol so when someone questions why BlackBerry updates (OS not patches) take so long, you go on about all the work that goes into kernel hardening etc. But now it's just some minor stuff that BlackBerry does? Lmao.
    04-29-19 08:25 PM
    Lol so when someone questions why BlackBerry updates (OS not patches) take so long, you go on about all the work that goes into kernel hardening etc. But now it's just some minor stuff that BlackBerry does? Lmao.
    I didn't say it was easy, but you don't need Thurber and Clewley for that. I was discussing senior management.
    04-29-19 08:26 PM
    Yes. But again, that was an uncorroborated number by a single analyst less than 6 months after the launch of the first BBMo device.

The only thing official we have is that there was a 10% year-over-year increase in sales, as reported in February.
    Well that's good news, strategy right now therefore would be to stay the course and wait for KeyTwo users looking to upgrade. Bringing in a Key3 right now would make no sense as TCL would only be competing against themselves.
    Sigewif likes this.
    04-29-19 08:39 PM
    I never said to not speak about the issues. Ever. I'm the one who posted about the apps going EoL lol and I believe if people are upset with things, then they should be discussed. I just said to stop claiming spin and shills when things are said you don't agree with it. If you can't see the difference there, then I dunno what to tell ya.
    I never called anyone spin or a shill. I never even referred to you personally. Maybe you should try reading my post before you jump to conclusions? Who is the person reading something they don't like and reacting to it? That sounds like...I dunno...like you, ya know?
    04-29-19 08:48 PM

Those are actually numbers for all BlackBerry branded devices shipped in that period, which could potentially include BB10 in addition to BB Android (DTEK, Aurora, KeyOne, etc).

According to Jeronimo, BlackBerry devices — all of them, not just the KeyOne — achieved a pitiful 850,000 shipments in all of last year.
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/26/1...-data-mwc-2018
    Vistaus and krazyatom like this.
    04-29-19 08:50 PM
    Bringing in a Key3 right now would make no sense as TCL would only be competing against themselves.
    And there in lies the big problem. There is no one else venturing into this market, so they are only competing with themselves. Until they get the K2 keyboard right they can't offer a K3, and unless they come up with K3 that sets itself apart from the K2, they have no one to sell it to.
    04-29-19 08:54 PM
    I'm laying quietly in the weeds, seeing how many violation points I have left or if they've fallen off.....

Edit : I was thinking out loud and typed it. That's pretty funny on second read
    04-29-19 08:55 PM
    unless they come up with K3 that sets itself apart from the K2, they have no one to sell it to.
    This is the crux of it.

The current KEY² line holds up extremely well.
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-29-19 08:55 PM
    I never called anyone spin or a shill. I never even referred to you personally. Maybe you should try reading my post before you jump to conclusions? Who is the person reading something they don't like and reacting to it? That sounds like...I dunno...like you, ya know?
    Please don't insult our intelligence!
    For you, I would think that equals lost revenue and lost business. How is it not better to speak the truth, and speak it soon? At present its looking as if BlackBerry phones are well on their way to extinction, and concealing the truth is just another ploy to empty BBMo's inventory. This plot has already played out once with BB10. We all know how it ended. How stupid do you think BlackBerry fans are?

If this really is some sort of pathetic attempt at damage control, perhaps CB needs a new public relations consultant!
    If that's not all directed at @Bla1ze, then pray tell, who are you speaking directly to?
    04-29-19 08:57 PM
    I'm laying quietly in the weeds, seeing how many violation points I have left or if they've fallen off.....

Edit : I was thinking out loud and typed it. That's pretty funny on second read
    I double dare you.
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-29-19 08:58 PM
    I've read the projected demise of BB and BBMo so many times, I feel like I'm watching Aerosmith opening up for the Rolling Stones with KISS doing another Final Tour beginning next week.
    04-29-19 08:58 PM
    Until they get the K2 keyboard right they can't offer a K3
    Wait!!! What???... the KEY2 has an issue with the keyboard??? First I've heard of that... 😂

Bob
    04-29-19 09:00 PM
    I've read the projected demise of BB and BBMo so many times, I feel like I'm watching Aerosmith opening up for the Rolling Stones with KISS doing another Final Tour beginning next week.
    Death I hear you calling, but I can't come home right now...

Yeah, yeah, I know it's Beth
    04-29-19 09:02 PM
    While we are at it, the BBMe experience is a pain. It’s a paid service yet it has been more than a week and I have not received any response, thank God I am still under free trial.

There’s no doubt, there are writings on the wall. Hopefully they can improve the service. At the moment I can’t log into BBMe any more and also sold Key2 due to hardware issues (I couldn’t wait for BlackBerry support for a response there forever either). Hope the line up is selling well.
    John Albert likes this.
    04-29-19 09:03 PM
    If that's not all directed at @Bla1ze, then pray tell, who are you speaking directly to?
    It is an ambiguous remark concerning the subject matter and directed at no one in particular. We are all here to discuss openly with one another without targeting anyone of us. We are all adults, let us behave as such. Carry on gents,
    04-29-19 09:11 PM
    Do I really need to explain that to you? I thought y'all were experts at interpreting the written word. I've certainly been corrected enough times by all of you.

But since you asked...(and let's hope I don't get beheaded again for being off topic, since you asked me the question)

Obviously if I respond to bla1ze with a quote, I am talking to him. Make sense?

As for this post he quoted that was mine: I never called him a shill, or accused him of spin. That's him reacting to my post in the exact way he is accusing me of doing!

Sorry but the criticism of the site and the way it's run is part of the discussion. If I'm not allowed to talk about it, then just say so. But don't assume I'm taking to one person, get all insulted and talk to me in a condescending passive aggressive tone...all while trying to pretend I'm the one being a jerk to y'all!

:big hug:
    melhiore and Gene Fells like this.
    04-29-19 09:12 PM
    Do I really need to explain that to you? I thought y'all were experts at interpreting the written word. I've certainly been corrected enough times by all of you.

But since you asked...(and let's hope I don't get beheaded again for being off topic, since you asked me the question)

Obviously if I respond to bla1ze with a quote, I am talking to him. Make sense?

As for this post he quoted that was mine: I never called him a shill, or accused him of spin. That's him reacting to my post in the exact way he is accusing me of doing!

Sorry but the criticism of the site and the way it's run is part of the discussion. If I'm not allowed to talk about it, then just say so. But don't assume I'm taking to one person, get all insulted and talk to me in a condescending passive aggressive tone...all while trying to pretend I'm the one being a jerk to y'all!

:bug hug: <--did I do that right?
    Not if you meant big hug
    04-29-19 09:14 PM
    It is an ambiguous remark concerning the subject matter and directed at no one in particular.
    It failed. Inclusion of the word "you" says it was pretty much directed.
    04-29-19 09:17 PM
    It is an ambiguous remark concerning the subject matter and directed at no one in particular. We are all here to discuss openly with one another without targeting anyone of us. We are all adults, let us behave as such. Carry on gents,

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    Not if you meant big hug
    Corrected! Glad you caught that. :wipes sweat off forehead:
    Vistaus likes this.
    Corrected! Glad you caught that. :wipes sweat off forehead:
    Your welcome. I didn't want you to lose the dramatic effect as intended Justice dendron01
    Vistaus likes this.
    04-29-19 09:20 PM
609 1234 ...