First, the lack luster podcast with nothing new. And only speculation that an upgrade to Pie is not even warranted. Second, BBM is dead. 3rd not even a whisper of a K3, 4th a repainted K2 is offered as premium with 1 year till EOL, 5th EOL of K1 after 2 years of support, 6th same fait for K2 with one year left till EOL, 7th Android Enterprise Program non-compliance, 8th major BlackBerry contributors leave BlackBerry (March & April), 9th Chen very quiet about future and BlackBerry apps reach EOL and 10th CB elite completely left in the dark every step of the way. End of times stuff, me thinks!
    04-29-19 06:09 PM
    Arent you just a bunch of doom and gloom! All i see is major conjecture based on very little
    Second, BBM is dead.
    Its actually not dead at all. Its brought back in house and surprisingly many people like it more now
    3rd not even a whisper of a K3
    We have already been told to not expect it this year so not sure what else you expect to see

4th a repainted K2 is offered as premium with 1 year till EOL, 5th EOL of K1 after 2 years of support, 6th same fait for K2 with one year left till EOL, 7th Android Enterprise Program non-compliance,
    You dont know any of this to be fact at all. You are basing this off unofficially released info that doesnt speak for BBM or any other carrier out there

9th Chen very quiet about future and BlackBerry apps reach EOL
    Chen doesnt say much because BBL doesnt focus on devices or even the Blackberry Android software as their main business. The big picture is elsewhere and they seem to be fairly talkative about those.
    04-29-19 06:15 PM
    Arent you just a bunch of doom and gloom! All i see is major conjecture based on very little

Its actually not dead at all. Its brought back in house and surprisingly many people like it more now
    We have already been told to not expect it this year so not sure what else you expect to see

You dont know any of this to be fact at all. You are basing this off unofficially released info that doesnt speak for BBM or any other carrier out there

Chen doesnt say much because BBL doesnt focus on devices or even the Blackberry Android software as their main business. The big picture is elsewhere and they seem to be fairly talkative about those.
    Well, what can I say. I and others are true BlackBerry Fanboys, just not blind. Facts are important. If you have something optimistic to add, I would be the first to appreciate it!
    04-29-19 06:21 PM
    Totally agree!
    Something big and terrible is coming.
    Hopefully, I'm wrong.
    04-29-19 06:27 PM
    Facts are important. If you have something optimistic to add, I would be the first to appreciate it!
    @howarmat's post WAS strictly facts.
    04-29-19 06:35 PM
    First, the lack luster podcast with nothing new. And only speculation that an upgrade to Pie is not even warranted. Second, BBM is dead. 3rd not even a whisper of a K3, 4th a repainted K2 is offered as premium with 1 year till EOL, 5th EOL of K1 after 2 years of support, 6th same fait for K2 with one year left till EOL, 7th Android Enterprise Program non-compliance, 8th major BlackBerry contributors leave BlackBerry (March & April), 9th Chen very quiet about future and BlackBerry apps reach EOL and 10th CB elite completely left in the dark every step of the way. End of times stuff, me thinks!
    Yup, add it all up and it doesn't look very promising. You forgot the delays after an announce that appear to becoming more prominent.
    anon(10387168) and Vistaus like this.
    04-29-19 06:35 PM
    @howarmat's post WAS strictly facts.
    Conite, you of all people will agree, that if we don't have an official statement for each of these points, then, all we have is a puzzle, with actions, reactions and facts. Instead of yet again, disqualifying another members opinion, please add concrete facts, like you stated about Enterprise, that statement was also based on facts, yet it was dead wrong, as we have all come to understand. All we have, is what we see!
    04-29-19 06:43 PM
    Instead of yet again, disqualifying another members opinion, please add concrete facts,
    I'm supporting a member's facts.

Everything he wrote is 100% accurate.
    04-29-19 06:45 PM
    I had my Ouija Board out over the weekend... you don't want to know what it said about BlackBerry Mobile's future... 😱

Bob
    04-29-19 06:46 PM
    I'm supporting a members facts.
    Not this member my Freind. It's ok, people here can see through the spin and come to their own conclusions.
    Vistaus and Flatman like this.
    04-29-19 06:46 PM
    Not this member my Freind. It's ok, people here can see through the spin and come to their own conclusions.
    Why do you guys always seem to see things as 'spin' rather than someone's opinion? Not everything in life is some conspiracy, sheesh. People have differing opinions and thoughts on things, it doesn't mean there's some huge spin or conspiracy behind it. Is it just easier to accuse someone of being a shill rather than just saying 'OK, we have different viewpoints and that's OK?'
    04-29-19 06:55 PM
    Why do you guys always seem to see things as 'spin' rather than someone's opinion? Not everything in life is some conspiracy, sheesh. People have differing opinions and thoughts on things, it doesn't mean there's some huge spin or conspiracy behind it. Smh.
    Lol @Bla1ze you know what's going on I'm sure. Probably can't say much but it will all come out eventually. In the mean time, people can just go by the signs that are there. And some of those signs don't look all too promising.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-29-19 06:59 PM
    Lol @Bla1ze you know what's going on I'm sure. Probably can't say much but it will all come out eventually. In the mean time, people can just go by the signs that are there. And some of those signs don't look all too promising.
    But that's the thing, I'm not saying don't discuss what you're seeing. That's all fine and dandy and a key part why the forums exist, but when everything becomes a conspiracy theory and people go around calling each other shills etc at every turn, it's dumb.
    04-29-19 07:03 PM
    Why do you guys always seem to see things as 'spin' rather than someone's opinion? Not everything in life is some conspiracy, sheesh. People have differing opinions and thoughts on things, it doesn't mean there's some huge spin or conspiracy behind it. Is it just easier to accuse someone of being a shill rather than just saying 'OK, we have different viewpoints and that's OK?'
    Very true. Yet some here are very quick to discredit the opinion of some members while quoting "Fact" from others, where there are no facts to be found, only opinions! It's baffling! That's what I call spin. I do not subscribe to any conspiracy theories! Man landed on the moon, JFK assassination was a lone gunman, the earth is round, 911 was an outside job, etc...
    04-29-19 07:03 PM
    But that's the thing, I'm not saying don't discuss what you're seeing. That's all fine and dandy and a key part why the forums exist, but when everything becomes a conspiracy theory and people go around calling each other shills etc at every turn, it's dumb.
    Stop shilling.

Lol jk don't ban me.
    SuperFister likes this.
    04-29-19 07:04 PM
    Stop shilling.

Lol jk don't ban me.
    Lol. You're good.. if I was gonna ban you, it would've happened long ago.
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-29-19 07:05 PM
    Lol. You're good.. if I was gonna ban you, it would've happened long ago.
    Touché. And probably deserved lol.
    04-29-19 07:07 PM
    It looks like BlackBerry to is getting out of the Bussiness not TCL and I can understand that from a Bussiness point of view. I am not worried with what's happening at all.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-29-19 07:20 PM
    Very true. Yet some here are very quick to discredit the opinion of some members while quoting "Fact" from others, where there are no facts to be found, only opinions! It's baffling! That's what I call spin. I do not subscribe to any conspiracy theories! Man landed on the moon, JFK assassination was a lone gunman, the earth is round, 911 was an outside job, etc...
    and yet this thread is made solely to create one by YOU!
    04-29-19 07:22 PM
    It would be interesting however to get some kind of indication as to how many Key series phones have sold.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-29-19 07:23 PM
    @howarmat's post revisited:

1) BBM has been brought back in-house, and many people prefer it. Fact.

2) BBMo has previously said they were extending the lifecycle of the KEY series because there was no compelling reason for a new one at this point in time. Fact.

3) The only thing we know about EOL is from a single carrier. Everything else is pure speculation. Fact.

4) Chen would not be expected to comment, as he is more concerned with the main issues facing the company. Fact.
    04-29-19 07:26 PM
    and yet this thread is made solely to create one by YOU!
    Is this not a fan site? As has been stated many times? Are opinions not welcomed? Are not 99% of threads based on conjecture? Can we please stick to the topic of discussion as I would rather not derail our discourse. Thanks,
    04-29-19 07:30 PM
    We need don't need a conspiracy, because important, key people are leaving the BlackBerry Ltd building as if it's on fire. That's a fact. So is BBM, KeyONE, and half the BlackBerry apps going EOL. All in April 2019. Please don't insult our intelligence!

I don't know how long you people think BlackBerry fans will also sit in a burning building before they start rushing for the exits? For you, I would think that equals lost revenue and lost business. How is it not better to speak the truth, and speak it soon? At present its looking as if BlackBerry phones are well on their way to extinction, and concealing the truth is just another ploy to empty BBMo's inventory. This plot has already played out once with BB10. We all know how it ended. How stupid do you think BlackBerry fans are?

If this really is some sort of pathetic attempt at damage control, perhaps CB needs a new public relations consultant!
    04-29-19 07:58 PM
    Well, what can I say. I and others are true BlackBerry Fanboys, just not blind. Facts are important. If you have something optimistic to add, I would be the first to appreciate it!
    Linguistic and writing tip, when referring to multiple parties in a sentence, always put others before yourself.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-29-19 08:09 PM
    We need don't need a conspiracy, because important, key people are leaving the BlackBerry Ltd building as if it's on fire. That's a fact. So is BBM, KeyONE, and half the BlackBerry apps going EOL. All in April 2019. Please don't insult our intelligence!

I don't know how long you people think BlackBerry fans will also sit in a burning building before they start rushing for the exits? For you, I would think that equals lost revenue and lost business. How is it not better to speak the truth, and speak it soon? At present its looking as if BlackBerry phones are well on their way to extinction, and concealing the truth is just another ploy to empty BBMo's inventory. This plot has already played out once with BB10. We all know how it ended. How stupid do you think BlackBerry fans are?

If this really is some sort of pathetic attempt at damage control, perhaps CB needs a new public relations consultant!
    There are other reasons to perhaps have questions, but not for any of the reasons listed in the OP.

Emtek is irrelevant. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ being EOL would have been a policy dating back a long time, but nevertheless, is only suggested by a single carrier. The extended lifecycle was discussed last February.

Yes, Thurber and Clewley leaving has me wondering how much more BlackBerry will be pushing BlackBerry Secure into new territory, but it doesn't speak to the existing licencing with BBMo - apart from some kernel hardening, a few apps, and packaging, BBMo is pretty much running that project on its own.
    04-29-19 08:12 PM
609 123 ...