Why do people even bother speculating about the possibility of a KEY3. We'll see it when we see it and we won't when we won't.

KEY2 is just fine for me performance wise. I don't need fancy stuff that just won't contribute anything to me being able to get my work done more effectively.

I would however enjoy my current device more if all the features worked flawlessly after over a year after initial release.

No need to build a new device if it's going to suffer from all the same things my current device is suffering from.

Who cares about Pie or Q or Rabbit or Stork or... if they can't get it to work properly.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-23-19 01:20 PM
    Why do people even bother speculating about the possibility of a KEY3. We'll see it when we see it and we won't when we won't.

KEY2 is just fine for me performance wise. I don't need fancy stuff that just won't contribute anything to me being able to get my work done more effectively.

I would however enjoy my current device more if all the features worked flawlessly after over a year after initial release.

No need to build a new device if it's going to suffer from all the same things my current device is suffering from.

Who cares about Pie or Q or Rabbit or Stork or... if they can't get it to work properly.
    For many KEY2 and even some KEYone owners, it's not about the KEY3 as much as that things are continuing. They might not need a new handset until the KEY4 or KEY5... they just want to know it will be here.

As for your issues... sadly that's part of the bouquet business.
    TgeekB, the_boon and John Albert like this.
    05-23-19 01:29 PM
    They might not need a new handset until the KEY4 or KEY5... they just want to know it will be here.
    ^ This.

Think your KEY2 will last forever?
    05-23-19 06:25 PM
    ^ This.

Think your KEY2 will last forever?
    One more year to EOL then, in the bin it goes! K3 or not, another unit will replace it!
    05-23-19 06:46 PM
    One more year to EOL then, in the bin it goes! K3 or not, another unit will replace it!
    Forget EOL as far as updates, but just the phone in general. It should perform just fine till like 2022, but after that who knows
    05-23-19 06:47 PM
    Forget EOL as far as updates, but just the phone in general. It should perform just fine till like 2022, but after that who knows
    Hahaha, I can't forget security on a BlackBerry or any other phone for that matter! Just because it works, for me is a non starter!
    05-23-19 06:50 PM
    I'm speaking only for myself:

I would much rather switch to iOS than use an unpatched Android.
    anon(10387168) and Invictus0 like this.
    05-24-19 02:09 PM
    I'm speaking only for myself:

I would much rather switch to iOS than use an unpatched Android.
    It really depends on one's threat model, but I think that each user needs to decide the point at which running an unpatched phone is no longer a good idea. My business is cybersecurity strategy, and I will be comfortable running 8.1 with the April update for at least 3 months unless an unusual vulnerability is identified. More likely I will run it for 6-12 months, but that is subject to change as new information becomes available.

It's worth noting that I have a pretty locked down configuration of Android, with little to no personal data,financial apps, etc. And I trust multi-factor authentication for most of my cloud data. The DTEK software, combined with my cloud service logs and alerts, give me the monitoring I need to feel confident nothing bad is happening.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-24-19 03:18 PM
    Man what a disaster loll

Don't hold your breathe for a Key3 lol

Imagine thinking enterprises were actually buying KEY series devices for their staff for it's security and you as a regular consumer paying full MSRP for it because of this belief lol.

Not a single enterprise devices I have encountered in the wild has ever been a Blackberry, they're all either samsung or apple.
    So yea
    02-18-20 08:03 PM
609 ... 232425