That's literally what they mean. You're welcome to find a Best Buy employee to rule out anything you're unsure of.
    Yeah sure Thud. But I'm not the one pretending to know what the deal is with BestBuy or BBMo for that matter. Read my previous posts. I don't know how debates work for you, but the burden of proof usually lies with the person making the claim.

I ordered a brand new Key2 last week here in Canada, and I'm using it right now. Key2 was never adopted by carriers in the US, so to see it disappear prematurely should come as a surprise to no one. Whether the model really is discontinued - that's still an open question. The US BestBuy listing proves nothing.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    05-18-19 03:59 PM
    Well, we can all say that behind these storm clouds - it is Sunshine and Lollipops! But we cannot dismiss what we actually see in front of our eyes. Or can we? Attachment 444451
    There is always sunshine behind storm clouds, my friend. Unless it's night, in which case...starshine and of course, moonshine.
    05-18-19 04:03 PM
    There is always sunshine behind storm clouds, my friend. Unless it's night, in which case...starshine and of course, moonshine.
    Hahaha, very true! But depending on the force of the storm, there may be very few left to witness it!
    John Albert likes this.
    05-18-19 04:04 PM
    Yeah sure Thud. But I'm not the one pretending to know what the deal is with BestBuy or BBMo for that matter. Read my previous posts. I don't know how debates work for you, but the burden of proof usually lies with the person making the claim.

I ordered a brand new Key2 last week here in Canada, and I'm using it right now. Key2 was never adopted by carriers in the US, so to see it disappear prematurely should come as a surprise to no one. Whether the model really is discontinued - that's still an open question. The US BestBuy listing proves nothing.
    I don't usually participate in flat-earth style arguments. If you want to make their explanations mean something else, call them and have them update the rest of the world on what your new definition is. Until then, what their site says is literally what it means. If they were still selling it you would have the option to be notified when they're back in stock.
    John Albert and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-18-19 04:10 PM
    Hahaha, very true! But depending on the force of the storm, there may be very few left to witness it!
    Let's hope all the wannabe weathermen here don't scare us away with their evacuation notices. Get your sandbags out and tape those windows. It's going to get rough, and we're not leaving...
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-18-19 04:10 PM
    I don't usually participate in flat-earth style arguments.
    Good, because I'm not making one. Read my previous posts.
    05-18-19 04:12 PM
    Best buy does change skus sometimes too so it can go OOS/Discontinued/Sold Out or however you want to look at it and come back under a different sku. They are a quirky company and nothing ever makes 100% sense
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-18-19 04:20 PM
    Good, because I'm not making one. Read my previous posts.
    Sigh. Best Buy lists as "item is no longer available". This literally means they are no longer selling it. This is caused by one of two things - the item is no longer manufactured and they can't get anymore, or they don't want to offer it anymore. Either way, they are not going to sell that item anymore. They have different messages for items they are selling, which is when you will see "temporarily unavailable" and a button will be provided to inform you when they will have it again. If that's not there, it's gone. End of story. You're welcome to find a Best Buy employee that disagrees with that but I'd bet money they don't exist.
    John Albert and HeyCori like this.
    05-18-19 04:28 PM
    Best buy does change skus sometimes too so it can go OOS/Discontinued/Sold Out or however you want to look at it and come back under a different sku. They are a quirky company and nothing ever makes 100% sense
    That's also true.
    05-18-19 04:30 PM
    I don't usually participate in flat-earth style arguments. If you want to make their explanations mean something else, call them and have them update the rest of the world on what your new definition is. Until then, what their site says is literally what it means. If they were still selling it you would have the option to be notified when they're back in stock.
    Hmmm, Flat Earthers, in this discussion?!? Nah, we have Skeptics, Negative Nellies, Sun Shiny People, Spin Doctors, Shills and a few more Glitterati. Have not noticed any Neanderthal Flat Earthers. Will sound the alarm if I see one! Cheers,
    05-18-19 04:40 PM
    Hmmm, Flat Earthers, in this discussion?!? Nah, we have Skeptics, Negative Nellies, Sun Shiny People, Spin Doctors, Shills and a few more Glitterati. Have not noticed any Neanderthal Flat Earthers. Will sound the alarm if I see one! Cheers,
    And gloom merchants.
    05-18-19 05:43 PM
    And gloom merchants.
    Hahaha, yes of course, how could I forget!
    05-18-19 05:44 PM
    "Item is no longer available"

An English teacher is needed to explain this sentence to some of us!
    05-18-19 06:05 PM

It's the age of redefining everything to suit our needs or outrage, so why not.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-18-19 06:48 PM

No, the English lesson here is trying to explain how "no longer available" and "discontinued" don't necessarily mean the same thing.

Unfortunately the nuance of language is not a skill accessible to all.
    05-18-19 09:49 PM
    No, the English lesson here is trying to explain how "no longer available" and "discontinued" don't necessarily mean the same thing.

Unfortunately the nuance of language is not a skill accessible to all.
    In Best Buy's case "item no longer available" translates as "we don't have it because it's either discontinued or we don't feel like ordering more stock. Either way, we're done selling it." Those are the two main reasons that message appears. Anyone can pick up a phone and verify it. I did, it was easy. This is why I have no problem saying any Best Buy employee will back me up on what "item no longer available" means. 🙄

As to what that means overall, I have no idea. But as far as Best Buy is concerned, there's no more to be sold by them.
    John Albert and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-19-19 01:25 AM
    Only on CrackBerry would we have arguments about semantics regarding smartphones like this.
    05-19-19 06:35 AM
    What does it mean that Amazon US is still accepting orders and promising delivery in 1 to 2 months?
    05-19-19 10:33 PM
    What does it mean that Amazon US is still accepting orders and promising delivery in 1 to 2 months?
    It means you can order one and get it in one to two months.
    05-19-19 10:56 PM
    Well, I only ask because it seems like every mention of Amazon and Key2 Red here says Amazon has discontinued the Red. What's the likelihood that Amazon is collecting orders for another manufacturing run to come from TCL?

I submitted an order a couple days ago, so I'm hoping TCL will indeed make some more.
    05-19-19 11:17 PM
    Well, I only ask because it seems like every mention of Amazon and Key2 Red here says Amazon has discontinued the Red. What's the likelihood that Amazon is collecting orders for another manufacturing run to come from TCL?

I submitted an order a couple days ago, so I'm hoping TCL will indeed make some more.
    I don't see where it's discontinued at all on Amazon.
    05-20-19 12:15 AM
    Let me come at this from another direction: What's the likelihood that I'll ever receive a Key2 Red from Amazon as a result of my order?
    05-20-19 12:39 AM
    Let me come at this from another direction: What's the likelihood that I'll ever receive a Key2 Red from Amazon as a result of my order?
    If you ordered it and someone got money from you for it they better be sending you the thing you paid for.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-20-19 12:50 AM
    Have to say I would be surprised and sad to see BBMo stop making PKB phones. I have returned to the fold recently after not owning a BB since OS7 days and I have to say I'm very impressed by the build quality and speed of my Key2. Have sales really been that bad? I mean I know it's a niche market but seems like Key2 is a great phone in a lot of ways - if they can't satisfy the niche with that, I don't think they'll ever satisfy it.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-20-19 05:10 AM
    If you ordered it and someone got money from you for it they better be sending you the thing you paid for.
    If my memory serves me correctly Amazon doesn't deduct the money until the phone is shipped or it's in stock to be shipped. As long as that is the situation Amazon really isn't obligated to fill the order. No phone, no $ spent.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-20-19 07:19 AM
609 ... 2122232425