This is why I don't think releasing a device every 18-24 months (as your only product) is sustainable. How are they going to pay the staff when they have nothing to do for a year? How are they going to keep the lights on when there is no revenue? Unless they ditch the BBMo infrastructure entirely and integrate with Alcatel (which would have made more sense in the first place, IMO), I can't see how it's possible.
    There is no "BBMo infrastructure". It's TCL releasing phones under the BlackBerry brand. It's not like it's a self-contained company selling exclusively BlackBerry phones.
    05-17-19 05:40 PM
    There is no "BBMo infrastructure". It's TCL releasing phones under the BlackBerry brand. It's not like it's a self-contained company selling exclusively BlackBerry phones.
    Yes, sort of like Pontiac within the GM umbrella, oh wait, they're not around anymore. Our beloved BlackBerry is at risk, it is plain to see. Let's hope it and TCL is resilient enough to proceed forward.
    John Albert and elfabio80 like this.
    05-17-19 06:53 PM
    Yes, sort of like Pontiac within the GM umbrella, oh wait, they're not around anymore. Our beloved BlackBerry is at risk, it is plain to see. Let's hope it and TCL is resilient enough to proceed forward.
    No, it is like Scion within Toyota umbrella.
    So, it is gonna thrive.
    Oh sheet!
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-17-19 08:30 PM
    No, it is like Scion within Toyota umbrella.
    So, it is gonna thrive.
    Oh sheet!
    I’m thinking more like Sears Canada and Sears Holding with Kmart thrown in for little bit of fun with TV commercial playing Land of Confusion just because...
    05-18-19 06:32 AM
    This is all pretty disturbing to think about. Best Buy for sure dropped the KEY2.
    05-18-19 10:46 AM
    This is all pretty disturbing to think about. Best Buy for sure dropped the KEY2.
    Why disturbing? When did selling out become a bad thing?
    05-18-19 11:23 AM
    Why disturbing? When did selling out become a bad thing?
    Yet again,
    Sold out and discontinued are very different terms.
    Bestbuy ditched Key2 and a very new device released three weeks ago (Red Edition).
    Bestbuy pages of these devices says "no longer available", and not sold out.
    05-18-19 11:51 AM
    Yet again,
    Bestbuy ditched Key2 and a very new device released three weeks ago (Red Edition).
    I can't speak for what BestBuy is up to, nor can you. Discontinued, sold out, out of stock - all are interchangeable terms as far as I'm concerned because they all mean the same thing: you can't buy it right now. Who knows what the real reason is? Trying to read any more into it is about as logical as assuming the BlackBerry "Keith" was named after Keith Richards.
    05-18-19 11:59 AM
    I can't speak for what BestBuy is up to, nor can you. Discontinued, sold out, out of stock - all are interchangeable terms as far as I'm concerned because they all mean the same thing: you can't buy it right now. Who knows what the real reason is? Trying to read any more into it is about as logical as assuming the BlackBerry "Keith" was named after Keith Richards.
    The unusual thing here is that Bestbuy page of Key2 Red says "no longer available" few weeks after its launch and advertisement. It doesn't say "sold out" like with many other products in their system. So, Bestbuy doesn't expect further patches to come in the near future, just like what happened with Key2 Silver and Black when they're gone.

It is really worrying because Bestbuy is the only selling channel that sold Key2 Red in the US.
    05-18-19 12:06 PM
    Best Buy puts up "temporarily out of stock" if they're still selling items. "No longer available" means it's discontinued as far as they're concerned.

They could take a page from Fasttech and actually use "This product cannot be purchased at this time." PLUS "Discontinued" which would save some confusion.
    John Albert and JOHNGAETANO like this.
    05-18-19 12:08 PM

It is really worrying because Bestbuy is the only selling channel that sold Key2 Red in the US.
    It was limited edition small batch. I would expect most channels to be sold out by now.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-18-19 12:08 PM
    It was limited edition small batch. I would expect most channels to be sold out by now.
    That could be a reason. If true, Key2 Red was a very limited edition.
    05-18-19 12:10 PM
    That could be a reason. If true, Key2 Red was a very limited edition.
    Even more so in North America.
    05-18-19 12:11 PM
    Even more so in North America.
    Agree on that.

But we should all agree that they discontinued the entire Key2 lineup (not LE).
    05-18-19 12:13 PM
    Agree on that.

But we should all agree that they discontinued the entire Key2 lineup (not LE).
    I guess TCL feels Amazon alone is adequate for the production schedule going forward.
    05-18-19 12:15 PM
    I guess TCL feels Amazon alone is adequate for the production schedule going forward.
    Which also means low demand if I agree with you, but I don't think so that is the reason when I found out that Key2 Silver is also discontinued on Amazon official channel after less than a year of its release.
    05-18-19 12:19 PM
    Which also means low demand if I agree with you, but I don't think so that is the reason when I found out that Key2 Silver is also discontinued on Amazon official channel after less than a year of its release.
    I don't think anyone would think demand would be as high for the KEY² this year over last. The LE is the much bigger seller now.

For all we know, the black outsold the silver recently (in the US) to the point that the latter is no longer necessary.
    05-18-19 12:20 PM
    These devices are not going to be top sellers so will not remain available for long periods of time. The LE is the latest device so that is the one most available. I don’t think it means any more than that. It’s just part of being in a niche market.
    05-18-19 12:26 PM
    I don't think anyone would think demand would be as high for the KEY² this year over last. The LE is the much bigger seller now.

For all we know, the black outsold the silver recently (in the US) to the point that the latter is no longer necessary.
    For sure, a good way to look at it!!
    05-18-19 12:27 PM
    Best Buy puts up "temporarily out of stock" if they're still selling items. "No longer available" means it's discontinued as far as they're concerned.

They could take a page from Fasttech and actually use "This product cannot be purchased at this time." PLUS "Discontinued" which would save some confusion.
    Unless you work for BestBuy I don't think it's very wise to assume what it means especially when that's not what it says.

No more than making up what BBMo is saying or doing, when they have basically said nothing.
    05-18-19 01:04 PM
    Well, we can all say that behind these storm clouds - it is Sunshine and Lollipops! But we cannot dismiss what we actually see in front of our eyes. Or can we? Is the writing on the Wall?!?-giphy-20-1-.jpg
    05-18-19 01:40 PM
    I am still loving my K1, but want a performance boost and better camera.

The K2 solves the performance, but not the camera.

Please release a K3 before end of year. I want an upgrade.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    05-18-19 02:25 PM
    Unless you work for BestBuy I don't think it's very wise to assume what it means especially when that's not what it says.

No more than making up what BBMo is saying or doing, when they have basically said nothing.
    That's literally what they mean. You're welcome to find a Best Buy employee to rule out anything you're unsure of.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-18-19 02:28 PM
    Yet again,
    Best Buy doesn't manufacture the Key2, nor they did ditch a device. They sell it until it's gone. If the Key2 was widely available elsewhere, and Best Buy just decided to stop carrying it, that's a different story. It's simply no longer available. Most people don't even know BlackBerry still makes phones, let alone a very limited edition red variant. I appreciate that Best Buy decided to even stock the Key2 in black, silver and red for as long as they did. Now we wait for the next device hopefully.
    05-18-19 02:34 PM
    It's simply no longer available.
    Maybe where you live. Just bought this one last week. Check out the build date...
    elfabio80 and Bob80220 like this.
    05-18-19 03:42 PM
609 ... 2021222324 ...