More likely BBMO has sold out the KEY2 in your market. Amazon will sell anything that's available.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    If it was sold out, wouldn't they say "Sold Out" instead of removing it altogether? I've never come across any online shop (no matter what country) that did such a thing, they always put Sold Out on the item page.
    Elky64 likes this.
    05-15-19 12:12 PM
    If it was sold out, wouldn't they say "Sold Out" instead of removing it altogether? I've never come across any online shop (no matter what country) that did such a thing, they always put Sold Out on the item page.
    best buy removes stuff all the time once its sold out. Amazon probably wouldnt as they allow 3rd party sellers and such though
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-19 12:16 PM
    Best Buy will remove an item from the website when it doesn't expect to receive any more shipments. For example, they're currently sold out of the Victor Allen Variety Pack.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=_kgdv_xA

Occasionally, manufacturers will leave retailers in limbo as to whether or not more shipments are coming, so it'll say "sold out" although it's really gone. Or Best Buy will list it as "not available in your area" meaning you can only buy it at that physical store and shipping isn't available. The Key2 isn't sold out, or not available, it's gone.

It could simply be that Best Buy is renegotiating terms with BBMo and it'll be back once a deal is reached. But that's also a wild guess on my part.
    05-15-19 12:37 PM
    If they plan to restock, they might say Sold Out or, if they have a restock date, "expected to ship on [date], but, if there are no plans to restock, they would remove the listing to avoid confusion. Can you imagine how awful it would be if every discontinued product showed up in search results?!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    John Albert likes this.
    05-15-19 12:49 PM

It could simply be that Best Buy is renegotiating terms with BBMo and it'll be back once a deal is reached. But that's also a wild guess on my part.

Bestbuy is still selling the Key2 LE. I guess BBMobile has discontinued the production of all Key2 line up, which contrast the fact that they need to wait at least 8 more months to release a new device. So the upcoming period of time will significantly lack revenue unless they have a new device ready to launch.
    Last edited by John Albert; 05-15-19 at 05:02 PM.
    05-15-19 12:56 PM
    So the upcoming period of time will significantly lack revenue unless they have a new device ready to launch.
    They will promptly release the BBJ100 PassPriv (Passport slider) in the meantime before KEY3...

...lol
    Vistaus and Bob80220 like this.
    05-15-19 04:21 PM
    They will promptly release the BBJ100 PassPriv (Passport slider) in the meantime before KEY3...

...lol
    More like "BBP100" lol
    05-15-19 04:47 PM
    I'm looking forward to the BDBDB100 robotic version.
    Laura Knotek and Vistaus like this.
    05-15-19 08:49 PM
    Bestbuy is still selling the Key2 LE. I guess BBMobile has discontinued the production of all Key2 line up, which contrast the fact that they need to wait at least 8 more months to release a new device. So the upcoming period of time will significantly lack revenue unless they have a new device ready to launch.
    This is why I don't think releasing a device every 18-24 months (as your only product) is sustainable. How are they going to pay the staff when they have nothing to do for a year? How are they going to keep the lights on when there is no revenue? Unless they ditch the BBMo infrastructure entirely and integrate with Alcatel (which would have made more sense in the first place, IMO), I can't see how it's possible.
    John Albert, krazyatom and Vistaus like this.
    05-16-19 12:48 AM
    This is why I don't think releasing a device every 18-24 months (as your only product) is sustainable. How are they going to pay the staff when they have nothing to do for a year? How are they going to keep the lights on when there is no revenue? Unless they ditch the BBMo infrastructure entirely and integrate with Alcatel (which would have made more sense in the first place, IMO), I can't see how it's possible.
    It doesn't look to be possible at all. That's why I think some big news coming. Either a new device or restructuring.
    05-16-19 12:56 AM
    This may have been the case the whole time. At device introductions, every warranty issue, members here were reporting Alcatel plus other third-party repair shops have been used.

I don't think BBMo ever built out a real infrastructure beyond Alcatel itself.
    05-16-19 06:31 AM
    I think it would be tough for BBMo... it's BlackBerry Ltd that I think it's impossible for.

They have or had six Mobility Licensees... one is down and out (Merah Putih), two haven't done anything that I know of (Bullitt, NDA), one isn't doing well (Optiemus), one is tiny Punkt, and one has not come close to their original stated goals (TCL).

Maybe by cutting down the Mobility Division (management and device software) they can find a way to make it viable with the level of profits that a software company should be generating? But if something is always in decline, at some point you cut your losses and move on... and that's something Chen knows how to do.
    05-16-19 08:22 AM
    I'm looking forward to the BDBDB100 robotic version.
    Oh come on Buck.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-16-19 09:28 AM
    Tasks is also about to die along with Power Center et all. At least, that's my guess as Type a note (inside a new/exisiting task) isn't working anymore and instead shows "Webpage not available" from the Webview component.

So yeah, it's about to die, I guess.
    05-17-19 04:29 AM
    Tasks is also about to die along with Power Center et all. At least, that's my guess as Type a note (inside a new/exisiting task) isn't working anymore and instead shows "Webpage not available" from the Webview component.

So yeah, it's about to die, I guess.
    Switch your Webview Implementation in developer options.
    05-17-19 07:10 AM
    Switch your Webview Implementation in developer options.
    There is only the Android System Webview option. Besides, switching it shouldn't be needed in the first place.
    05-17-19 07:42 AM
    There is only the Android System Webview option. Besides, switching it shouldn't be needed in the first place.
    You should be able to switch to Chrome.
    05-17-19 07:44 AM
    You should be able to switch to Chrome.
    That doesn't fix it and again: it shouldn't be needed in the first place. So since there's no fix (BB should fix it really), I still stand by the fact that Tasks is also about to be axed.
    05-17-19 07:59 AM
    That doesn't fix it and again: it shouldn't be needed in the first place. So since there's no fix (BB should fix it really), I still stand by the fact that Tasks is also about to be axed.
    Not sure why you're pontificating to me. I'm just trying to solve the problem.
    05-17-19 08:08 AM
    Not sure why you're pontificating to me. I'm just trying to solve the problem.
    But your solution did not help fix it, so I'm just pointing out it's BB's problem, not a user problem.
    05-17-19 08:09 AM
    But your solution did not help fix it, so I'm just pointing out it's BB's problem, not a user problem.
    Try Chrome Dev.
    05-17-19 08:16 AM
    Try Chrome Dev.
    No dice.
    05-17-19 08:26 AM
    No dice.
    Netscape Navigator? AOL CD?
    05-17-19 11:11 AM
    Netscape Navigator?
    I wish lol
    05-17-19 04:10 PM
    I wish lol
    Check out “War Games” perhaps you should find your answer.
    05-17-19 05:26 PM
609 ... 1920212223 ...