Turn off cellular data is always on in developer settings and WiFi preferences. Install digits app and register your line. In the drop-down notification tray, click t-mobile and turn cellular data off. Calls and texts will go over WiFi fine.
    09-28-18 06:52 PM
    You can use Digits to clone your number on five devices. I even have it running on a tablet that is wifi-only. Calls, texts, etc.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    09-28-18 08:43 PM
    A nice and fairly unknown compromise to not working built-in wifi calling. Just have to flick off cellular data tick.
    10-02-18 11:16 AM
    hi. I would love to get digits to work but when I install it and switch off cellular data I can't make calls. I even put on airplane mode and activated wifi only and still can't make calls. I try from the phone and with the digits app.

I keep getting the message no cellular service. what am I doing wrong? thanks
    10-02-18 07:03 PM
    Hmmm. First thing that comes to mind is to make sure you turn off "cellular data always active" under developer settings" and under settings, network and internet, wifi, wifi preferences, turn off the option for "allow use of cellular data when wifi is connected". Also, you probably already do, but make sure you have an e-911 address registered trough t-mobile. Let me know if still no luck. and don't do airplane mode just leave wifi on then bring down your quick settings tiles and click the "t-mobile" icon. This will have the setting where you can turn off cellular data.
    10-03-18 06:35 AM
    thanks. just to confirm digits isn't free and is like using cellular service in terms of cost for calls etc
    10-03-18 07:33 AM
    correct.
    10-03-18 08:39 AM
    There's no WFC where I live, so I can't test it, but for those who can't get it working: make sure this service is installed: https://apkdot.com/apk/blackberry-li...i-calling-1-0/ If not, download it from there and install it.
    10-14-18 07:10 AM
    I have Digits on a no-SIM tablet and on my BB Motion (T-Mo, obviously). I make and receive calls and texts on my tablet. On the phone, as of this last update, I am able to make calls/texts with airplane mode "ON".
    10-14-18 09:02 AM
    I have Digits on a no-SIM tablet and on my BB Motion (T-Mo, obviously). I make and receive calls and texts on my tablet. On the phone, as of this last update, I am able to make calls/texts with airplane mode "ON".
    Scrannel, which update specifically? Which build #?
    10-14-18 04:33 PM
    Scrannel, which update specifically? Which build #?
    It's v2.0.3. All I could find. One that's on GPlay now.
    10-14-18 04:52 PM
    It's v2.0.3. All I could find. One that's on GPlay now.
    Oh, I meant which firmware version build do you have on your device. I have a previous one, and it wont call out in airplane mode
    10-14-18 05:45 PM
    Oh, I meant which firmware version build do you have on your device. I have a previous one, and it wont call out in airplane mode
    My phone is a Motion with 8.1. My tablet (which has no SIM) 6.0.1. Though w/o a SIM there's no real Airplane mode, the tablet can be had with a SIM, so there is an a/p mode listed. ON or OFF, Digits works, however.
    Last edited by scrannel; 10-15-18 at 08:58 AM.
    10-14-18 07:46 PM
    FWIW, just got another update on the Digits app and still can use even though airplane mode is selected on phone. Looks like T-mo is serious about making this app work.
    10-17-18 12:18 PM