Well. I had a KEY2 and sold it because of the space bar issue. I went back to the BE KEYone, which is what I'm using now, but I really miss all other aspects of the KEY2! So recently I was saving up for a 128GB dual SIM KEY2, but I can't wait for it to become available; so I'm wanting to get the black 64GB version again, but only if the space bar is fixed! So yeah, my question is - is it fixed yet?
    09-04-18 06:12 AM
    When there is no admission of guilt, there is nothing to fix, is there ?
    This said, strangely enough, no such problem on the KEY² LE. But don't except anything like the screen lift issue fix.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 09-04-18 at 07:19 AM.
    donnation likes this.
    09-04-18 06:37 AM
    Well. I had a KEY2 and sold it because of the space bar issue. I went back to the BE KEYone, which is what I'm using now, but I really miss all other aspects of the KEY2! So recently I was saving up for a 128GB dual SIM KEY2, but I can't wait for it to become available; so I'm wanting to get the black 64GB version again, but only if the space bar is fixed! So yeah, my question is - is it fixed yet?
    I have BE K2, week two. My space bar has a slightly different sound but nothing like you describe.
    09-04-18 07:00 AM
    My KEY2's spacebar is solid after almost a month of use, but I have to stop with my OCD of checking it all the time to see if it's still as firm lol.

The click is definitely a lot different, there's no denying that. The travel and resistance is weaker than the rest of the keys, which is a bit of a bummer because they are very enjoyable to type on.

My conclusion:

If you want the KEY2, buy it.

But buy it from a reputable place with a solid returns/exchange policy in case something goes bad. Also, buy the variant that's supported in your region to ensure a smoother repair/exchange process should one ever be necessary.

Example: you like in the UK, buy a UK variant from a reputable UK retailer.
    seletok likes this.
    09-04-18 08:06 AM
    after a few weeks the wobbling stopped.
    09-04-18 06:08 PM
    just got mine last week off amazon, never again BTW but that's a whole different story, and I can't feel anything wrong with this spacebar like what's been described. And believe me, I looked for the wobble, the louder click...nothing. hope your new one is all good.
    I've also never used a fingerprint ID in my life until this one...i kinda like it now.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-18 07:32 PM
    Really? That's interesting to know, didn't know that part could settle with some time
    09-05-18 12:26 AM
    This said, strangely enough, no such problem on the KEY² LE. But don't except anything like the screen lift issue fix.
    Not necessarily. If TCL deemed it enough of an issue they could refine it and not say anything to avoid backlash for those who've already purchased the device. With that being said, I tend to agree with you in that I don't think they've identified this as a problem therefor I wouldn't be counting on the spacebar to magically be fixed in some new run of devices.
    09-05-18 04:17 AM
    Not necessarily. If TCL deemed it enough of an issue they could refine it and not say anything to avoid backlash for those who've already purchased the device. With that being said, I tend to agree with you in that I don't think they've identified this as a problem therefor I wouldn't be counting on the spacebar to magically be fixed in some new run of devices.
    I think the spacebar will improve in these sense that later units won't be wobbly/loose, maybe even the click will be improved by adding a buffer and stronger spring somewhere in the mechanism but they're probably not gonna redesign the whole assembly.

Still, any improvements would be welcome.
    09-05-18 04:27 AM
    My take now I've been fairly intensively using the phone for 2 months: it doesn't bother me though I am still very much aware of that clicky sound. It's there, no way around it. Its a minor inconvenience but a tad frustrating since they managed to get rid of it on the LE. The KEY³ should be fine of course.
    09-05-18 06:56 AM
    is it after one click? О_о
    09-05-18 02:50 PM
    is it after one click? О_о
    It just stopped. It still has a different click to it than the other buttons on Wed keyboard but it's not as loose as it was when I first got it.
    09-05-18 02:54 PM
    It just stopped. It still has a different click to it than the other buttons on Wed keyboard but it's not as loose as it was when I first got it.
    Very few people know this but the reason for the wobble is the Key2 spacebar is actually ALIVE. True story!
    CalSandi and Summer_Moon like this.
    09-05-18 03:07 PM
    I have to agree with some other posters here - the "click" of the spacebar is really no issue to me, I actually like it and it makes the spacebar indication better, i.e. almost serves as a ground-zero for the typing experience. It has gotten a little better over weeks of use now; also. If you click just to the left or right side of it, it's really not noticeably louder.
    09-05-18 07:28 PM
    Bingo. If you want a (potential) fix for the made-by-Mattel spacebar you'll have to try a K3.
    09-05-18 11:59 PM
    Bingo. If you want a (potential) fix for the made-by-Mattel spacebar you'll have to try a K3.
    They already fixed the "issue" with the KEY2 LE
    09-06-18 01:43 AM
    They already fixed the "issue" with the KEY2 LE
    If you notice, the space bar on the key2 LE is much smaller compared to key2's
    09-06-18 04:34 AM
    If you notice, the space bar on the key2 LE is much smaller compared to key2's
    That's fine, I couldn't care less if it's the same exact one as the KEYone, as long as the click sounds and especially feels about the same as the other keys.

Can't wait for the LE, finally a plastic phone that probably won't need to be babied, and one that you can kind of throw around like the good old days.
    09-06-18 07:29 AM