Is there gonna be a new BlackBerry phone? Maybe a DTEK 100?

My new BlackBerry Key2le from Verizon has 'a' problem hardly working and now the spacebar doesn't work. I can send it for repair, but might just use the on screen keyboard.
    02-28-20 04:33 PM
    02-28-20 04:37 PM
    99.9999% nope
    So you mean there's still a chance.
    02-28-20 05:01 PM
    The next phone is scheduled to be released on Feb 30, 2073. Hopefully your K2LE will get you through until then.
    rarsen and SeeBeeEss like this.
    02-28-20 06:25 PM

My new BlackBerry Key2le from Verizon has 'a' problem hardly working and now the spacebar doesn't work. I can send it for repair, but might just use the on screen keyboard.
    In your dream.
    02-28-20 09:29 PM
    so time to buy a different brand. will the BlackBerry keyboard work on other Android phones? I like the flick up. I looked for BlackBerry keyboard on Android app store from a Motorola and it doesn't come up in search.
    02-29-20 04:39 AM
    Would love to have a Key3 or a Priv2. Too good to be true...
    baspeed likes this.
    02-29-20 06:46 AM
    so time to buy a different brand. will the BlackBerry keyboard work on other Android phones? I like the flick up. I looked for BlackBerry keyboard on Android app store from a Motorola and it doesn't come up in search.
    Not legally, no.
    02-29-20 07:11 AM

Nope. Just beautiful dreams...never to be realized.
    02-29-20 07:19 AM
    The next phone is scheduled to be released on Feb 30, 2073. Hopefully your K2LE will get you through until then.
    That soon ?
    02-29-20 11:47 AM
    Why tolerate something that isn't working? if you can make a claim through Verizon, please do so.
    Elky64 and RLeeSimon like this.
    02-29-20 01:03 PM
    Would love to have a Key3 or a Priv2. Too good to be true...
    Likely hopeless...
    Alfista83 likes this.
    02-29-20 01:27 PM
    Well if you can get your spacebar issue(s) sorted no reason you can't just carry on.
    02-29-20 04:13 PM
    Well if you can get your spacebar issue(s) sorted no reason you can't just carry on.
    Always used BlackBerry slab phones and started with the BlackBerry Storm. Key2le was my first keyboarded phone. Ridiculous and no wonder BlackBerry doesn't sell. The world has moved on and you can type twice as fast on glass.

To fix it I have to send ot to TLC. It's only few months old. Keys should last longer than that. Common problem I'm reading. I tried to buy at Verizon but they refuses to sell as it wasn't a business account.

I have two working phones. A Priv and a Key2le my loyalty to BlackBerry forced me to buy a half sized screen and a lame no good keyboard.

After I send this to TLC I'll report back.
    03-01-20 05:05 AM
    Well being that Optimus (India) and Merah Putih (Indonesia) are still actively producing and selling BlackBerry Key2 phones within their licensed countries I gather there's a chance BlackBerry will go to them for the opportunity to assume control of the global license that was held by TCL. I just don't think they have the ability or capacity to function on a global scale. It was due to the popularity of Optimeus's Dual SIM KeyOne and global BlackBerry user response for such a phone that TCL produced an equivalent global Dual SIM Key2. I'm surprised that BlackBerry has not put out a press release themselves along with TCL to give a bit more insight to the matter, or at least finish closing the doors as to any hopes of future BlackBerry phone production.
    baspeed and John Albert like this.
    03-01-20 05:17 AM
    baspeed likes this.
    03-01-20 05:24 AM
    Well being that Optimus (India) and Merah Putih (Indonesia) are still actively producing and selling BlackBerry Key2 phones within their licensed countries I gather there's a chance BlackBerry will go to them for the opportunity to assume control of the global license that was held by TCL. I just don't think they have the ability or capacity to function on a global scale. It was due to the popularity of Optimeus's Dual SIM KeyOne and global BlackBerry user response for such a phone that TCL produced an equivalent global Dual SIM Key2. I'm surprised that BlackBerry has not put out a press release themselves along with TCL to give a bit more insight to the matter, or at least finish closing the doors as to any hopes of future BlackBerry phone production.
    First, BB PT Merah Putih is out of business, and has been for a long time.

Second, Optiemus cancelled its licencing deal with BlackBerry over a year ago, and still owes them a lot of money.

Third, the KEY phones were TCL's, and were sold by Optiemus and BB PT Merah Putih under a sub-licence agreement.

Forth, TCL is an enormous company that dwarfs Optiemus. They also sell a number of products globally.
    03-01-20 06:10 AM
    Key2le was my first keyboarded phone. Ridiculous and no wonder BlackBerry doesn't sell. The world has moved on and you can type twice as fast on glass.
    And fifth, it's not just about typing speed, but enjoyment and more importantly, accuracy.

The LE's keyboard is pretty damn good.
    T_Studios, Bob80220 and Grungni like this.
    03-01-20 07:56 AM
    Consider Titan from Unihertz if you really want PKB+ Android
    Grungni likes this.
    03-01-20 10:09 AM
    Optiemus even stopped sending security updates since more than a year ago. Cant consider Blackberry as the most secure mobile device anymore... 😂
    03-01-20 10:30 AM
    Always used BlackBerry slab phones and started with the BlackBerry Storm. Key2le was my first keyboarded phone. Ridiculous and no wonder BlackBerry doesn't sell. The world has moved on and you can type twice as fast on glass.

To fix it I have to send ot to TLC. It's only few months old. Keys should last longer than that. Common problem I'm reading. I tried to buy at Verizon but they refuses to sell as it wasn't a business account.

I have two working phones. A Priv and a Key2le my loyalty to BlackBerry forced me to buy a half sized screen and a lame no good keyboard.

After I send this to TLC I'll report back.
    Well you know how it goes, there's always a few products out of many that slip through the crack that are destine to fail. Almost bought into a KEY2 but too but many flags were being raised at the time telling me not too, plus we felt we could do much better for the price... Was never really big on PKB's anyway. Do like how the OS feels well optimized on Android BlackBerry devices, been toying with my KEYone/Motion as of late feeling very satisfied with the performance on both.

If you can get it fixed without too much hassle here's hoping the same problem won't occur again. Understand your frustrations yet sometimes we become an unlucky recipient.
    03-01-20 12:27 PM
    Nope. Just beautiful dreams...never to be realized.
    Roy Orbison ...
    Alfista83 likes this.
    03-03-20 12:49 PM
    BlackBerry issued a tweet in response to TCL's announcement.
    03-03-20 12:51 PM
    BlackBerry issued a tweet in response to TCL's announcement.
    Where is it??
    03-03-20 02:11 PM
    Where is it??
    This is the post from TCL's BlackBerry Mobile and the response from BlackBerry. Will there be a new beautiful BlackBerry phone?-screenshot_20200219-023711.jpg
    03-03-20 04:45 PM
30 12