Probably getting the Key2 at some point anyway, but wondering if anyone knows whether or not TCL or the carriers will roll something out.
    06-06-18 06:25 AM
    You mean like giving to TCL your K1 and getting some discount on K2? Why would they do that?

Trade-in program for bb10 devices has been pushed out just because the bb10 hardcore fans are very special type of customers. TCL tried this way to make newer phones more interesting for them. In my opinion, it should have worked as a little marketing "halo" as well (as it would appear on many websites regarding smartphones).

For these reason I don't see any scenario why would TCL announce anything like that again. BB10 phones are worth just for the materials (gold and other metals). K1s are still pretty up to date, and I doubt TCL has the time and force to handle second hand devices in bigger volumes aside the few bb10 phones which users gave up).
    06-06-18 06:33 AM
    I don't see a reason why to give up the second best phone available if you can keep it as a backup device or pass it to someone in the family.
    06-06-18 09:55 AM
    I doubt any trade in program for any BB devices. Why? They don’t make sense for either party involved. We’re in 2018 now and it’s not a viable strategy now like years past.
    06-06-18 09:58 AM
    I've had my KEYone since launch and it's since become incredibly laggy to the point where I couldn't use it anymore even after factory resetting and installing minimal apps. I ended up replacing it with a Pixel 2 XL to use alongside my iPhone X. So, It currently my KEYone is a backup device along with my iPhone 7 Plus. Since I'm the only member of my family who still loves PKB devices, I still want to keep a functioning one in my arsenal, so was just curious is all. At any rate, I still plan on purchasing a KEY2 some time along the line.
    blackberry4life79 likes this.
    06-06-18 05:19 PM
    Not sure why they would, not sure why they wouldn't. We've seen manufacturers do some unthinkable things throughout the years. So, just curious.
    06-06-18 05:22 PM
    I've had my KEYone since launch and it's since become incredibly laggy to the point where I couldn't use it anymore even after factory resetting and installing minimal apps. I ended up replacing it with a Pixel 2 XL to use alongside my iPhone X. So, It currently my KEYone is a backup device along with my iPhone 7 Plus. Since I'm the only member of my family who still loves PKB devices, I still want to keep a functioning one in my arsenal, so was just curious is all. At any rate, I still plan on purchasing a KEY2 some time along the line.
    Clear cache when it reaches close to 1gb, and turn down the animations to 0.5x. It should make your KEYone fly.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-06-18 05:23 PM
    Yeah, I've definitely cleared cache many times and have animations reduced as well. I honestly just think it's a RAM issue. I think many of the early devices were hit and miss. Surprisingly, I never had an issue with the screen.
    blackberry4life79 likes this.
    06-06-18 05:29 PM
    Is there a BB10 trade in program? Where?

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    06-06-18 06:14 PM
    Is there a BB10 trade in program? Where?

Not really. It was attempted in Germany I believe. Not really worth either parties time, effort or energy. BB10 devices are worthless to BBMo/TCL. It’s more productive to just give a cash discount than for either party to have to pay for shipping and destroying old devices. Simple cash discount erodes profits. At this point in OEM manufacturing levels, simply pricing device in sweet point of profit level and limited quantities with carrier support is logical strategy.
    06-06-18 08:27 PM
    Not really. It was attempted in Germany I believe. Not really worth either parties time, effort or energy. BB10 devices are worthless to BBMo/TCL. It’s more productive to just give a cash discount than for either party to have to pay for shipping and destroying old devices. Simple cash discount erodes profits. At this point in OEM manufacturing levels, simply pricing device in sweet point of profit level and limited quantities with carrier support is logical strategy.
    Cash discount!? Where!!

06-06-18 08:30 PM
    Cash discount!? Where!!

On the KEYone, soon, after the KEYtwo and KEYtwo Lite have been introduced.
    06-06-18 08:36 PM
    I am surprised they haven't offered a BBOS/BB10 trade in plan, simply as a marketing push late in the KEYone cycle. It suggests to me that they have managed inventory very tightly and don't have a surplus of units to clear out.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-06-18 08:42 PM
    I am surprised they haven't offered a BBOS/BB10 trade in plan, simply as a marketing push late in the KEYone cycle. It suggests to me that they have managed inventory very tightly and don't have a surplus of units to clear out.

That and I suspect nobody wants to deal with cost of shipping and destruction costs.
    06-06-18 08:46 PM
    I will be getting the KeyTwo soon and wish if any trade in schemes is made available by TCL. At this moment it is highly IMHO.
    06-07-18 03:49 AM
    I am more likely to buy another BB10 phone than trade in a working one!

06-07-18 08:27 AM
    Yeah, I've definitely cleared cache many times and have animations reduced as well. I honestly just think it's a RAM issue. I think many of the early devices were hit and miss. Surprisingly, I never had an issue with the screen.
    Yah, it sucks yours did that. I've had mine since launch too and it's still gravy fortunately.
    06-07-18 10:03 AM