Any update for Key 2 to get Android 9? Some of the company apps require to us to update until Android 9.
    Company or industry?
    10-27-19 04:33 PM
    my work email will require all android devices permitted to access (O365) must have android 9.0 sometime early next year...their current requirement is 7.0, so somehow they feel like skipping all the way to 9.0, which means both the K1 and K2 will become blocked
    Company or industry?
    10-27-19 04:35 PM
    company
    10-28-19 05:46 AM
    One of the reasons I got rid of my K2 was the Android 9 requirement for BYOD at work. Also, NFC payments stopped working on my other K2 (Indian origin) because bank required more recent security updates while mine stopped Dec 2018. So much for “still a great workhorse all around”.
    You can autoload latest ROM for the latest secuirty updates. Conite has provided link in other thread.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-19 05:49 AM
    inevitable
    10-28-19 07:27 AM
    my priv is perfect with MM so it is my K2 wit O
    10-28-19 09:30 AM
    You can autoload latest ROM for the latest secuirty updates. Conite has provided link in other thread.

Posted via CB10
    It’s not for Indian, Russian or Chinese models.
    10-28-19 02:17 PM
    It’s not for Indian, Russian or Chinese models.
    There is one from April that will work on all variants.

/blackberry-key2-f472/autoloader-april-patch-abt974-all-variants-1168870/
    10-28-19 02:42 PM
    There is one from April that will work on all variants.
    Thanks, I updated my Indian version as soon as patch became available. Not good enough for my IT. I moved on to a phone that updates itself regularly without shamanistic rituals or crutch/bandaid solutions.
    10-28-19 02:47 PM
    Thanks, I updated my Indian version as soon as patch became available. Not good enough for my IT. I moved on to a phone that updates itself regularly without shamanistic rituals or crutch/bandaid solutions.
    Any device made for your region will update just fine - within 60 days more than 90% of the time.
    10-28-19 02:49 PM
    Any device made for your region will update just fine - within 60 days more than 90% of the time.
    My other, “kosher” Key2 receives patches regularly, but Android 8.1 is no longer kosher for my IT department. I hate dual carry but now I lug around an iPhone 8 Plus and Note 10+ both made for god-knows-which region and bought from a lowest bidder but both update regardless.
    Hphv likes this.
    10-28-19 02:57 PM
    now I lug around an iPhone 8 Plus and Note 10+ both made for god-knows-which region and bought from a lowest bidder but both update regardless.
    Cool.
    10-28-19 03:03 PM
    Ah. I assume you're dissing TCL - the 4th largest handset maker in North America.
    I’m legitimately criticizing a phone with a BlackBerry logo on the back and with a name “BlackBerry” slapped on the packaging. TCL may be the 4th largest handset maker in North America, but good luck walking into a cell phone store and finding a BlackBerry Key2. Speaking of BlackBerry, this Canadian company should have picked up and continued updates for Indian models simply because these phones have its brand name and logo.
    10-28-19 03:15 PM
    my work email will require all android devices permitted to access (O365) must have android 9.0 sometime early next year...their current requirement is 7.0, so somehow they feel like skipping all the way to 9.0, which means both the K1 and K2 will become blocked
    Same that I was told at work (I work at a bank in the Netherlands). Q1/Q2 is the time that we should have an Android device running at least Android 9.0 if we want to keep the O365 apps running. Security policy.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    10-28-19 03:21 PM
    I’m legitimately criticizing a phone with a BlackBerry logo on the back and with a name “BlackBerry” slapped on the packaging. TCL may be the 4th largest handset maker in North America, but good luck walking into a cell phone store and finding a BlackBerry Key2. Speaking of BlackBerry, this Canadian company should have picked up and continued updates for Indian models simply because these phones have its brand name and logo.
    Not even sure they would be allowed - or at the very least able. The update mechanism on the device belongs to TCL, and only checks its servers.

And yes, the KEY² is in short supply, as it looks like this entire venture proved unprofitable for the licencees - much as BlackBerry already discovered some time before.
    10-28-19 03:31 PM
    My Blackberry key2 got to last me two and a half years to the end of contract
    10-28-19 04:54 PM
    so is there any indication whatsoever for Android 9 to be deployed? I'm guessing TCL has been totally silent. I'm half tempted to write a letter and state if they expect employees of large companies to continue using their devices and be considered enterprise grade, they better make an effort to just deliver android 9 soon
    10-28-19 07:13 PM
    so is there any indication whatsoever for Android 9 to be deployed? I'm guessing TCL has been totally silent. I'm half tempted to write a letter and state if they expect employees of large companies to continue using their devices and be considered enterprise grade, they better make an effort to just deliver android 9 soon
    TCL is well aware of standards as is BBMo and BB from an industry perspective. All that any of them care about is cutting losses and getting paid.
    10-28-19 07:30 PM
    Personally, and this is the easy part, I will NEVER buy a TCL branded product! Now for the heart breaking hard part, I will never again buy another BlackBerry branded devise since my first in 2007. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 10-28-19 at 10:34 PM.
    10-28-19 08:44 PM
    https://www.gizchina.com/2019/10/28/...ct-treble/amp/

The K2 support Project Treble....but alas...
    10-28-19 11:15 PM
    Same that I was told at work (I work at a bank in the Netherlands). Q1/Q2 is the time that we should have an Android device running at least Android 9.0 if we want to keep the O365 apps running. Security policy.
    Just got an update... have to update before december 20th. Will there be Android 9 for KEY2?-img_20191029_0904495.jpeg
    10-29-19 03:06 AM
    My employer (CDN bank) just employed Android BYOD support. Minimum OS is Android 8.1 and must be on the list of Android Enterprise Recommended list. The AER list does NOT include Samsung or Pixel 4 at the moment. Strange.
    10-29-19 05:46 AM
    Just got an update... have to update before december 20th. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191029_0904495.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	446583
    This is very interesting. To require Android/iOS to only be one year old from OS perspective is very aggressive. Unfortunately, it also echoes a new possible theme of BYOD support being less desired and dropping for more enterprise customers.
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-29-19 05:51 AM
    This is very interesting. To require Android/iOS to only be one year old from OS perspective is very aggressive. Unfortunately, it also echoes a new possible theme of BYOD support being less desired and dropping for more enterprise customers.
    I can refuse the BYOD offer if I wish. I believe law here in the Netherlands states that in that case the bank should give me a company device if my work requires the use of a phone.
    So that's what I asked for.
    10-29-19 06:01 AM
    I can refuse the BYOD offer if I wish. I believe law here in the Netherlands states that in that case the bank should give me a company device if my work requires the use of a phone.
    So that's what I asked for.
    Ultimately, since your employer operates in highly regulated industry, that’s what your employer prefers anyway. It’s a trend I expect to grow.
    10-29-19 06:04 AM
189 1234 ...