Any update for Key 2 to get Android 9? Some of the company apps require to us to update until Android 9.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    10-24-19 03:52 AM
    Any update for Key 2 to get Android 9? Some of the company apps require to us to update until Android 9.
    Unfortunately no news and it seems it is not going to arrive ...
    10-24-19 04:02 AM
    Unfortunately no news and it seems it is not going to arrive ...
    Madness!
    10-24-19 04:03 AM
    looking less and less likely.
    10-24-19 03:21 PM
    magic eight ball says: no.
    10-24-19 07:04 PM
    if a key 3 releases next year, then no.
    10-24-19 07:19 PM
    Unfortunately the ship has sailed and many have already jumped to a different port, if in doubt, check traffic here! I myself am also looking for my next devise and as much as it pains me, it won't be a BlackBerry.
    10-24-19 07:54 PM
    I myself am also looking for my next devise and as much as it pains me, it won't be a BlackBerry.
    Well, it makes sense that it won't be a Berry if there won't be any Berry to buy lol, and 2019 has been nothing but crickets aside from the Red 2.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-25-19 08:59 AM
    It’s never going to happen.
    10-25-19 01:09 PM
    Unfortunately the ship has sailed and many have already jumped to a different port, if in doubt, check traffic here! I myself am also looking for my next devise and as much as it pains me, it won't be a BlackBerry.
    Yep... a great number BlackBerry KEY2 owners have disembarked and have moved on to the current Apple, Google, and Samsung devices. No surprise really as these long time BlackBerry users were so frustrated and disappointed with the lack of performance from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile they felt it was in their best interest and only viable option.

Sad really... and ultimately I will no doubt also be abandoning the BlackBerry ship. I don't want to be the last remaining crewmember on this sinking ship...

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 10-25-19 at 03:14 PM.
    10-25-19 01:27 PM
    Yep... a great number BlackBerry KEY2 owners have disembarked and have moved on to the current Apple, Google, and Samsung devices. No surprise really as these long time BlackBerry users were so frustrated and disappointed with the lack of performance from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile they felt it was in their best interest and only viable option.

Sad really... and ultimately I will no doubt also be abandoning the BlackBerry ship. I don't want be the last remaining crewmember on this sinking ship...

Bob
    How shocking is that considering there likely won't be any more BlackBerry-branded devices anyway? We are all in the same boat, are we not?
    10-25-19 01:57 PM
    Blackberry Mobile doesn't care about the customers leaving the boat as BlackBerry Mobile already left before.
    10-25-19 02:00 PM
    Blackberry Mobile doesn't care about the customers leaving the boat as BlackBerry Mobile already left before.
    Sadly, the boat hit that iceberg quite a while ago now, but because the BBand continued playing along, it's taken this long for the last passengers to realise whats finally happened.. The ship started going down a while ago, it's just the last deck now reaching the waterline!!
    SalMan50, Jonneh and Farzeen25 like this.
    10-25-19 04:12 PM
    Sadly, the boat hit that iceberg quite a while ago now, but because the BBand continued playing along, it's taken this long for the last passengers to realise whats finally happened.. The ship started going down a while ago, it's just the last deck now reaching the waterline!!
    Not really. For the remaining BB supporters, many of us have been using other brands from years of dual carry. Many of us feel that BB stopped being solo-carry when the BBOS ecosystem was falling behind in 2007-2008 when Android/iOS was beginning. When BB10 was introduced as the BBOS replacement in 2013, most considered that end of BB and it was going under. Every device since the Z10/Q10/Z30 was possibly the last BB device made since BB exiting mobile really was expected.
    rarsen likes this.
    10-25-19 04:35 PM
    What company app requires Android 9?
    10-25-19 08:15 PM
    What company app requires Android 9?
    You know, THE company apps
    10-25-19 09:55 PM
    You know, THE company apps
    Oh, you mean the one where you have to have the latest and greatest or you feel like you're not up with the times
    10-25-19 10:11 PM
    Oh, you mean the one where you have to have the latest and greatest or you feel like you're not up with the times
    Not the greatest, just the latest. Don't be late.....reminds me of the t-shirt....I'm not late, I just didn't want to come. ---- can we get that one with a BB10 logo on it? snickering... Then again that would be late and great.
    10-26-19 02:49 AM
    my work email will require all android devices permitted to access (O365) must have android 9.0 sometime early next year...their current requirement is 7.0, so somehow they feel like skipping all the way to 9.0, which means both the K1 and K2 will become blocked
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    10-26-19 11:31 AM
    One of the reasons I got rid of my K2 was the Android 9 requirement for BYOD at work. Also, NFC payments stopped working on my other K2 (Indian origin) because bank required more recent security updates while mine stopped Dec 2018. So much for “still a great workhorse all around”.
    SalMan50 and Jonneh like this.
    10-27-19 05:30 AM
    One of the reasons I got rid of my K2 was the Android 9 requirement for BYOD at work. Also, NFC payments stopped working on my other K2 (Indian origin) because bank required more recent security updates while mine stopped Dec 2018. So much for “still a great workhorse all around”.
    Just curious what industry you’re in that is requiring use of PIE for BYOD requirement? Also, will employer provide you with a device if yours doesn’t meet the requirement or is BYOD part of terms of employment?

The reason I’m asking is that some employers in some industries are starting to move away from BYOD preference due to actual lack of cost savings.
    10-27-19 07:56 AM
    This conversation about companies demanding 9.0 has me a bit worried as I am BYOB and I spent like $ 1200 Canadian to get my Red Edition from Best Buy just a few months ago. If I'm forced into one of their company issued crappy Samsung slab due to that I am going to be choked.
    10-27-19 02:00 PM
    Just curious what industry you’re in that is requiring use of PIE for BYOD requirement? Also, will employer provide you with a device if yours doesn’t meet the requirement or is BYOD part of terms of employment?

The reason I’m asking is that some employers in some industries are starting to move away from BYOD preference due to actual lack of cost savings.
    I work for the government agency. The reason I used a “gucciphone” — personal phone for work — was that I hate dual carry. I think you are right, looks like my IT is gradually phasing out BYOD by pushing employees to carry an agency-issued combo, iPhone 8 Plus (or a smaller iPhone 8) + an older iPad Pro model with a keyboard folio case. Not a bad deal all things considered, but I’ll be carrying two phones now because I’m an android guy.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    10-27-19 03:21 PM
    This conversation about companies demanding 9.0 has me a bit worried as I am BYOB and I spent like $ 1200 Canadian to get my Red Edition from Best Buy just a few months ago. If I'm forced into one of their company issued crappy Samsung slab due to that I am going to be choked.
    It seems, according to draculito, that government agencies, not identified, are pushing this first. There’s also mention of larger corporations that are heavily regulated from a consumer perspective that are beginning to go or will be in the near future to corporate assigned devices or limited higher BYOD standards.

I stole this from someone else in a different thread...

https://techspective.net/2019/10/25/...tly-timed/amp/
    10-27-19 03:31 PM
    Chilling.
    10-27-19 04:19 PM
189 123 ...