That article looks super fake
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-30-19 07:56 AM
    That article looks super fake
    That and it is horribly written.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-30-19 08:03 AM
    That and it is horribly written.
    And I can't help but cringe when I see those KEY3 renders that have no chin underneath the PKB
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-30-19 08:15 AM
    And I can't help but cringe when I see those KEY3 renders that have no chin underneath the PKB
    Actually that article reminds me of the ones I see that Honda is releasing a 2019 updated model of the Element. Pure hogwash, though it would be nice if it was true for both the K3 and Element.
    06-30-19 08:27 AM
    AI written articles need to go away!
    07-03-19 10:22 PM
    Which OEMs are those?
    I can name 3 off the bat:

Kyocera
    Cat
    Sonim
    07-05-19 10:23 AM
    They need to refine all the issues and improve all these areas. Better camera and chip set would be nice to have. Also better customer service and guaranted updates.
    anon(10218918) and the_boon like this.
    07-06-19 09:10 AM
    They need to refine all the issues and improve all these areas. Better camera and chip set would be nice to have. Also better customer service and guaranted updates.
    You're never going to see any of that with Blackberry Mobile. They are what they are. I'll be surprised if they aren't totally gone in 3 years or less.
    07-06-19 09:18 AM
    You're never going to see any of that with Blackberry Mobile. They are what they are. I'll be surprised if they aren't totally gone in 3 years or less.
    This might be their last device IMO. Lack of updates and phones out of stock shows me that the end is near.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-06-19 09:22 AM
    This might be their last device IMO. Lack of updates and phones out of stock shows me that the end is near.
    I agree. I think there just isn't enough demand in the industry for a product who only can really claim the keyboard as it's main selling point.
    07-06-19 09:28 AM
    I agree. I think there just isn't enough demand in the industry for a product who only can really claim the keyboard as it's main selling point.
    I currently use both the Key2 and the pixel 3 which is my daily driver. Honestly I can't see purchasing another blackberry unless they release a Bold like device with a great camera.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-06-19 09:31 AM
    It is really sad to see the true remaining BlackBerry fans believe that BlackBerry phone is no longer successful.
    07-06-19 11:45 AM
    It is really sad to see the true remaining BlackBerry fans believe that BlackBerry phone is no longer successful.
    They came close but more is needed for them to survive in this market. I still rather use a blackberry but they need to get with the program.
    RK_BB and Elky64 like this.
    07-06-19 11:48 AM
    so they make them in batches. can't say I blame them. does anyone want to treat the Z10 fiasco?
    07-06-19 02:17 PM
    They came close but more is needed for them to survive in this market. I still rather use a blackberry but they need to get with the program.
    Close only counts in horseshoes... BBMo having little in the way of a voice, so far, doesn't appear to be working out well for them. Nor has relying on BB's trait's (name, software, PKB, etc.) as their driving force done wonders. So yeah, a program of some sorts might be in order if it is not already too late.
    07-06-19 06:11 PM
    If things were to collapse I'd put my money on BBMo's poor business sense as being the root cause over demand that may be lacking.
    RK_BB and joshualebowitz like this.
    07-06-19 07:19 PM
    It didn't help the situation where we had a very very limited launch and botched launch with KEY 1 and Key 2. It was all about announcements but nothing to actually sell right away. The infamous NY pop up "showroom" during the launch event of the KEY 2 where nobody was interested in taking your cash.

I totally understand the need to limit inventory issues here but it's not like they had millions of device but I don't think having 50-100k units built to start is some massive risk for a global launch.

After that you can continue to ship units as they are being sold at a rate of a few thousand a week.

We than had the issue with the screen for the KEY 1, the KEY 2 spacebar issue and the previously mentioned launch issues. Get these devices built with good quality, on time and ready for shipment, or at least a shipment date!

Classic BlackBerry Ltd or BlackBerry Mobile. Everything stayed the same!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-19 08:08 PM
    And that's an area where they seem intent in not improving on.
    07-06-19 08:15 PM
    It didn't help the situation where we had a very very limited launch and botched launch with KEY 1 and Key 2. It was all about announcements but nothing to actually sell right away. The infamous NY pop up "showroom" during the launch event of the KEY 2 where nobody was interested in taking your cash.

I totally understand the need to limit inventory issues here but it's not like they had millions of device but I don't think having 50-100k units built to start is some massive risk for a global launch.

After that you can continue to ship units as they are being sold at a rate of a few thousand a week.

We than had the issue with the screen for the KEY 1, the KEY 2 spacebar issue and the previously mentioned launch issues. Get these devices built with good quality, on time and ready for shipment, or at least a shipment date!

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully third time's a charm with the KEY3!

At least the LE has no build issues but even with that, they delayed the Atomic one for no apparent reason.

Then there's the KEY2 Red which... is impossible to find in most markets
    07-06-19 10:12 PM
    And that's an area where they seem intent in not improving on.

I think part of the issue was that some BlackBerry Ltd employees who were part of the handset division moved over to BlackBerry Mobile. It probably allowed them continued employment and allowed BlackBerry Mobile to attempt a smooth transition and keep contacts, personal and other technical and sales know how on the payroll.

I do think a lot of the same mistakes were made with the launch, the issue being is that with each subsequent BlackBerry device launch, wither it be Ltd or Mobile, there were fewer and fewer diehard fans around to actually buy the product, pointing to an increasing need to hit bulls eye.

You can't launch a Key 2, which had a lot of improvements over the KEY 1 and not have sufficient stock to sell and have some hardware issues and some software issues as well, as per reports on CB.

It appears that the Key 2 LE was a very very good device and a good price point but it might have been a little too late to the game.

Like many BlackBerry fans, I do hope we see a KEY 3 and I hope we see one within the next 6-9 months.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    07-06-19 10:13 PM
    I think part of the issue was that some BlackBerry Ltd employees who were part of the handset division moved over to BlackBerry Mobile. It probably allowed them continued employment and allowed BlackBerry Mobile to attempt a smooth transition and keep contacts, personal and other technical and sales know how on the payroll.

I do think a lot of the same mistakes were made with the launch, the issue being is that with each subsequent BlackBerry device launch, wither it be Ltd or Mobile, there were fewer and fewer diehard fans around to actually buy the product, pointing to an increasing need to hit bulls eye.

You can't launch a Key 2, which had a lot of improvements over the KEY 1 and not have sufficient stock to sell and have some hardware issues and some software issues as well, as per reports on CB.

It appears that the Key 2 LE was a very very good device and a good price point but it might have been a little too late to the game.

Like many BlackBerry fans, I do hope we see a KEY 3 and I hope we see one within the next 6-9 months.

Posted via CB10
    They must have brought the whole team over then as there's too many similarities between the NEW BB and BB of old. One of their mistakes in the past was the failure to communicate and here we are at it again guns ablazing. Great way to strengthen the uncertainty that's been looming over the brands head for far too long, and a surefire way keep your customer base stagnant. If that was their intent it's definitely working.

Hardware/software issues are never a good thing yet, imo, having a lunch w/delays, or launches where stock is low/non-existent/select markets only, is much more damaging. And again, not a word as to why, when, where, or if. I personally bypassed the KEY2 and LE Atomic for these very reasons as we got fed up waiting, wondering, and searching.

Agree it'd be nice if there were a sign they're not done yet (KEY3) but unless they make drastic changes in their business practices the future looks bleak. And in my opinion, waiting even 6 months is taking a huge gamble (if the plan on staying in the game that is). But hey like I said before, it is their game to lose.
    07-07-19 01:54 AM
47 12