Will the KEYone 2 include a CDMA wersion?
    05-20-18 06:28 PM
    Maybe? Have you read the other KEYone 2 threads?
    05-20-18 06:33 PM
    ...some but I haven't seen reference to CDMA. can you point me in the right direction?
    05-20-18 06:36 PM
    ...some but I haven't seen reference to CDMA. can you point me in the right direction?
    No info at this time. I'm with Verizon which never officially sold the KeyOne but there was a "Verizon" version
    05-20-18 07:01 PM
    Thank You for your reply!! I've been with Verizon for Years and don't want to change.
    05-20-18 07:10 PM
    Thank You for your reply!! I've been with Verizon for Years and don't want to change.
    Yes, I also stick with them - thick or thin or outrageous PRICES! I, too, am curious if I will get to upgrade from the KeyOne to a KeyTwo or whatever.
    05-20-18 07:18 PM
    Same here. Wondering if a KeyTwo CDMA version will be released.
    05-20-18 10:22 PM
    Will the KEYone 2 include a CDMA wersion?
    As of now, no.
    05-20-18 10:27 PM
    Wasn't in the FCC filing...
    05-21-18 03:56 PM
    I answered this question in the other thread, they will likely wait until they see how the demand for the K2 plays out, as CDMA basically = Verizon at this point. Pretty much all other countries and carriers have abandoned CDMA.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did it as a partnership with Verizon to share the risk of it potentially not selling well.
    05-21-18 04:13 PM
    I answered this question in the other thread, they will likely wait until they see how the demand for the K2 plays out, as CDMA basically = Verizon at this point. Pretty much all other countries and carriers have abandoned CDMA.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did it as a partnership with Verizon to share the risk of it potentially not selling well.
    Really? Pretty much all others have abandoned it? In that case you might want to inform the CDG 'cause 4 years ago there were still 314 CMDA operators worldwide: http://www.cdg.org/resources/cdma_stats.asp
    Don't get me wrong: I don't doubt that CMDA is dying, it clearly is, but 314 is still a whole lot.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 05-22-18 at 04:32 PM.
    05-22-18 04:11 PM
    Holy smokes relax. I didn't say there was one CDMA carrier left, it easy to have an argument with someone if you are going to put words in their mouth. I said most have abandoned it, meaning they are in the process of changing, or at least not putting anymore more money into their CDMA networks.

Case in point: Canada is listed 20 times in that list of 314. All 20 of those have been off CDMA for a while now, and no longer offer CDMA phones (MTS may still be in the process of switching over). I don't have time to investigate the other countries, but I don't doubt you will see a similar pattern in other countries. My knowledge of carriers is pretty much limited to US/Canada.

And I know you are but what am I?
    05-22-18 04:28 PM
    Holy smokes relax. I didn't say there was one CDMA carrier left, it easy to have an argument with someone if you are going to put words in their mouth. I said most have abandoned it, meaning they are in the process of changing, or at least not putting anymore more money into their CDMA networks.

Case in point: Canada is listed 20 times in that list of 314. All 20 of those have been off CDMA for a while now, and no longer offer CDMA phones (MTS may still be in the process of switching over). I don't have time to investigate the other countries, but I don't doubt you will see a similar pattern in other countries. My knowledge of carriers is pretty much limited to US/Canada.

And I know you are but what am I?
    Who said there was one left? I quoted your "pretty much all others have abandoned it".

Also, while carriers in the US and Canada might be switching, there are also countries on the list where money is more scarce so they probably don't have the money to switch over.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    05-22-18 04:35 PM
    As of now, no.
    Where is the evidence to back this up? If BBMO is learning from their mistakes and wants to give the KEY² the best chance possible they will have a CDMA variant sold unlocked like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Verizon is huge in the states and people like myself will not change carriers for a device. Why not give the KEY² the best chance for success by ironing out these details before the June 7th announcement?
    05-23-18 08:59 AM
    Where is the evidence to back this up? If BBMO is learning from their mistakes and wants to give the KEY² the best chance possible they will have a CDMA variant sold unlocked like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    If.
    05-23-18 09:09 AM

Verizon is huge in the states and people like myself will not change carriers for a device. Why not give the KEY² the best chance for success by ironing out these details before the June 7th announcement?
    The proof being no CDMA version has went through FCC testing far as of I know. If the KEY2 is successful and Verizon business users demand the KEY2 I'm sure TCL can work something out Verizon. If you want a CDMA version you should take your fellow Verizon customers and complain like there is no tomorrow
    05-23-18 09:26 AM
    The proof being no CDMA version has went through FCC testing far as of I know. If the KEY2 is successful and Verizon business users demand the KEY2 I'm sure TCL can work something out Verizon. If you want a CDMA version you should take your fellow Verizon customers and complain like there is no tomorrow
    Now that I have the KEYᵒⁿᵉ I have no reason to complain, I will use this device for years to come if I have to. I would love to see the CDMA KEY² available for Verizon but am satisfied with having the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as of now.

If I didn't have the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as an option on Verizon I would not be a happy camper.
    05-23-18 11:11 AM
    If.
    Slay!
    05-23-18 12:18 PM
    Seeing as how Verizon is phasing out CDMA no later than midway through next year, it makes zero sense to introduce a CDMA capable device.

Verizon is actually disallowing any devices with CDMA capability from activation on their network as of 6/30. They started mandating all OEM’s make LTE only devices as of this past January 1st. So keep your fingers crossed that the KEY2 will have all three LTE bands that Verizon uses once it releases. My opinion is BBMobile/TCL needs to just make it a universally unlocked device like the iPhone and Galaxy series devices are.
    phuoc likes this.
    05-23-18 03:53 PM
    Seeing as how Verizon is phasing out CDMA no later than midway through next year, it makes zero sense to introduce a CDMA capable device.

Verizon is actually disallowing any devices with CDMA capability from activation on their network as of 6/30. They started mandating all OEM’s make LTE only devices as of this past January 1st. So keep your fingers crossed that the KEY2 will have all three LTE bands that Verizon uses once it releases. My opinion is BBMobile/TCL needs to just make it a universally unlocked device like the iPhone and Galaxy series devices are.
    Interesting. Does that mean that the CDMA phones, such as the current KEYone, that are out now will eventually no longer work on Verizon?
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-23-18 05:49 PM
    Excellent question.
    05-23-18 06:39 PM
    Interesting. Does that mean that the CDMA phones, such as the current KEYone, that are out now will eventually no longer work on Verizon?
    The CDMA functionality will continue to work until it is 100% shut down. At that time, once shutdown occurs, the OG KEYone will still connect to what LTE bands are on it that Verizon uses.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-23-18 06:43 PM

Samsung must not have gotten the memo, and wasted a lot of money outfitting the S9 with CDMA radios.....

Do you have a link showing where Verizon is disallowing all CDMA capabile devices from activating after 6/30?

I know that they are ending their 2G CDMA network support this year and have plans for ending 3G CDMA in the future (four or five years). But I'd be shocked if they went from selling CDMA phones to banning their activation in such a short period.

For full Verizon coverage.. .you still need CDMA.
    05-25-18 07:27 AM
    Samsung must not have gotten the memo, and wasted a lot of money outfitting the S9 with CDMA radios.....

Do you have a link showing where Verizon is disallowing all CDMA capabile devices from activating after 6/30?

I know that they are ending their 2G CDMA network support this year and have plans for ending 3G CDMA in the future (four or five years). But I'd be shocked if they went from selling CDMA phones to banning their activation in such a short period.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/veriz...an-john-hickey
    05-25-18 07:39 AM

FishhPoohh likes this.
    05-25-18 07:42 AM
32 12