Hi everyone. I hope you're all doing well.
    I read an August article on C|Net.com regarding the Key3. The license to manufacture the new devices for the 5G network was sold to OnWardMobility & FIH Mobile. Both are sister companies of Chinese government owned Foxconn. I mean no offense to anyone when I say I will never trust anything manufactured by a company owned by the chinese government. The risk/likelihood of spyware being apart of the firmware is too great. I'll wait until someone created a way to securely root the new Key3 to ensure our privacy / security before I'll consider buying a Key3.
    11-25-20 05:39 AM
    Hi everyone. I hope you're all doing well.
    I read an August article on C|Net.com regarding the Key3. The license to manufacture the new devices for the 5G network was sold to OnWardMobility & FIH Mobile. Both are sister companies of Chinese government owned Foxconn. I mean no offense to anyone when I say I will never trust anything manufactured by a company owned by the chinese government. The risk/likelihood of spyware being apart of the firmware is too great. I'll wait until someone created a way to securely root the new Key3 to ensure our privacy / security before I'll consider buying a Key3.
    There won’t be a Key3 since that branding name belongs to BBMo/TCL as far as I know. FIH will manufacture the new OM hardware somewhere outside Mainland just like Apple/Google/Microsoft and OEMs usually do when concerned about Mainland “influences” and worse.

OM is a USA company and not related to any non-USA companies as far as I can tell. Regardless, we’re really not sure of anything else at this point.
    11-25-20 06:22 AM
    There won’t be a Key3 since that branding name belongs to BBMo/TCL as far as I know. FIH will manufacture the new OM hardware somewhere outside Mainland just like Apple/Google/Microsoft and OEMs usually do when concerned about Mainland “influences” and worse.

OM is a USA company and not related to any non-USA companies as far as I can tell. Regardless, we’re really not sure of anything else at this point.
    Unless that's who decides to "invest" in the company....

BLU is a USA company, but they are more a front for another Chinees company at this point. F(x)tec is purely a Chinees front set up in the UK to do business in the western markets.
    11-25-20 07:09 AM
53 123