Guys I feel they are working with the software update to bring improvements with the camera! since the hardware of the camera section is a good one! there is no issues with it.. its the software part which they need to customize it with the hardware and they should be working on the same! and I feel they are, since the august security patch had a camera improvement patch as well. So lets hope for the best I think more 2 to 3 security updates will definitely improve the camera.
    08-27-18 08:35 PM
    Actually, the early BB10 and most BBOS devices were manufactured by Jabil Circuit. Wistron is a huge contract manufacturer, though, and makes a ton of stuff.
    Uh-oh, Troy and Conite fact checking.... this feels like the 70s movies with Godzilla size lizard and Ultra-man battling through downtown matchbox city.....
    08-27-18 08:38 PM
    Oooh! I'm definitely Ultraman!

08-27-18 08:40 PM
    We loyal fans should not loose hope with the company. We should give them a chance to come back. They really need our support and if we won't support then who will?
    if you all see there has been a lot of improvements when key1 and key2 are compared.. I feel there are lots of improvements because I have used key1 for 1 full year and now have upgraded to the key2.. all the flaws which they had with the key1 looking from all aspects hardware and software lags, they have improved it with both. The key1 screen pop up issues, back battery cover coming out of the clips when dropped all these issues have been taken care when manufacturing key2..
    The software has also improved with the Oreo. So lets wait for some time im sure they will come out with improvements with the software releases.. its hardly just 2 months for key2 in the market. All the devices from different companies whether it be Apple, samsung or blackberry all have some bugs with the software when the handsets are released and it gets resolved with the software patches!

Would say using a key1 and key2 both.. the hardware quality is not bad. The key2 built quality is just amazing even all the reviewers agree on this statement, and they have even said the small flaws with the key2 can be improved with the software release!
    08-27-18 08:50 PM
    Actually, the early BB10 and most BBOS devices were manufactured by Jabil Circuit. Wistron is a huge contract manufacturer, though, and makes a ton of stuff.
    I always get the two mixed up. True enough about BBOS devices, although I'm pretty sure Z10, Q10, and Passport were Wistron. I know Z3 and Classic were Foxconn.
    08-27-18 09:32 PM
    The Z10, Q10, and Z30 were Jabil Circuit, along with most or all BBOS devices from the mid 2000s on. The Passport and Leap were Wistron, and as you stated, the Z3 and Classic were Foxconn/Hon Hai.
    08-27-18 09:36 PM
    The Z10, Q10, and Z30 were Jabil Circuit, along with most or all BBOS devices from the mid 2000s on. The Passport and Leap were Wistron, and as you stated, the Z3 and Classic were Foxconn/Hon Hai.
    Thanks. It's all a blur. Too much bourbon.

Although I'm now even more confused.

https://www.thestar.com/business/tec...ting_ties.html

"Taiwan-based electronics manufacturer Wistron, which accounts for up to half of BlackBerry’s shipments, did not respond to a request for comment. " - Sep, 2013.
    08-27-18 09:37 PM
    If TCL really wants to help with the camera they simply have to surface the full API 2. That would help a ton. Simple as.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-27-18 09:44 PM
58 123