Hello Everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your key2's. Well will be frank I am really enjoying the device! The only complain I have is with the camera.. I know its the issues with the camera software which is not being able to produce excellent shots!
    We really need to inform this to Blackberry to bring a software update and resolve the camera issues. It really needs improvements with the focus issues. Which is the reason it is not being able to produce excellent pictures.
    How do we get to them to let them know about the camera software issues so that it is resolved with an software update??
    Any solutions??
    08-26-18 06:52 AM
    1000th thread with the same purpose...

No, none solutions. We don't know if they'll fix it.
    SAKET AHUJA likes this.
    08-26-18 07:08 AM
    No issues. Fake news.
    08-26-18 07:18 AM
    Sorry to say but its not fake. Please read the previous comment! Even he agrees there have been 1000 same issues reported..
    08-26-18 07:39 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Software updates will continue to improve this..they are working it....

Posted via CB10
    SAKET AHUJA and bakron1 like this.
    08-26-18 07:45 AM
    Great! Thanks a lot
    08-26-18 07:46 AM
    Lets hope for the best!
    08-26-18 07:52 AM
    Software updates will continue to improve this..they are working it....

Posted via CB10
    Assuming they are, improvements will be marginal and people will keep whining. If I'm not mistaken, the August update was already supposed to improve the camera.
    The camera is more than decent and takes some fine pictures, some even very good. Those really serious about this should get a camera or switch phones. Whatever updates come our way will disappoint you.
    08-26-18 07:54 AM
    Hello Everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your key2's. Well will be frank I am really enjoying the device! The only complain I have is with the camera.. I know its the issues with the camera software which is not being able to produce excellent shots!
    We really need to inform this to Blackberry to bring a software update and resolve the camera issues. It really needs improvements with the focus issues. Which is the reason it is not being able to produce excellent pictures.
    How do we get to them to let them know about the camera software issues so that it is resolved with an software update??
    Any solutions??
    Some of the camera issues are device related and some are user preferences or user priorities. The actual device issues that can be improved with software updates, have been or will be corrected as BBMo/TCL sees fit within budgets established for these very issues.

As far as user preferences, the reality is that BBMo/TCL has made a device with a set of priorities in mind for a target demographic. It’s that demographic that design budget was focused on. The number one design feature is the PKB. From there, it’s whatever BBMo/TCL feels will maximize sales to PKB crowd in one device at single price with certain profit. For now, BBMo/TCL knows they can’t please everyone.
    08-26-18 08:05 AM
    Camera issues are user error
    chain13 likes this.
    08-26-18 08:31 AM
    I was hoping last update will improve camera. not so.

my photos are blurred. trying to hold the phone steady.
    08-26-18 03:56 PM
    Assuming they are, improvements will be marginal and people will keep whining. If I'm not mistaken, the August update was already supposed to improve the camera.
    The camera is more than decent and takes some fine pictures, some even very good. Those really serious about this should get a camera or switch phones. Whatever updates come our way will disappoint you.
    The problem is not the pictures but the videos. At 1080p, everything looks grainy (esp. when watching on a laptop) and at 4K the color distribution is way off, making everything look very different and unrealistic.
    08-26-18 04:04 PM
    I don't think it's the issue with user's expectation. The camera on the K2 simply sucks. There's a die hard BB fan Jan Ole who just released a K2 review and in the end , said that he will stop using the K2 altogether and go back to an iPhone X . now this guy was a real crackberry addict if you know what I mean. he was praising every blackberry branded phone up till the K1 as well.
    anon(2695703) and SAKET AHUJA like this.
    08-26-18 07:29 PM
    The problem is not the pictures but the videos. At 1080p, everything looks grainy (esp. when watching on a laptop) and at 4K the color distribution is way off, making everything look very different and unrealistic.
    I agree 100% with you. Camera sucks, but at least I can make it up with manual settings. If I put lots of efforts with tuning the right setting with each pictures, I actually can get some pictures as decent as s8 at least. Yes, it is a lot more inconvenient that other smart phones, but I can get around at least.

But with video recording, there is no way to play around to get better results. I played and tried so many different settings with my key2 to get some decent results, but it simply sucks too bad to make it up. My old s7, priv, and passport all take much superior video clips while key2 is being unacceptable.
    08-26-18 09:21 PM
    from the recent comparison shots i saw, the key2 camera is better than the keyone.
    08-26-18 09:54 PM
    Some of the camera issues are device related and some are user preferences or user priorities. The actual device issues that can be improved with software updates, have been or will be corrected as BBMo/TCL sees fit within budgets established for these very issues.

As far as user preferences, the reality is that BBMo/TCL has made a device with a set of priorities in mind for a target demographic. It’s that demographic that design budget was focused on. The number one design feature is the PKB. From there, it’s whatever BBMo/TCL feels will maximize sales to PKB crowd in one device at single price with certain profit. For now, BBMo/TCL knows they can’t please everyone.
    They why did they choose dual lens camera and support portrait mode in the first place if their so-called "target demographics" don't even care about it?
    chrispmoto likes this.
    08-26-18 10:33 PM
    Hmmmm, that is a very good question!!!^^^
    bsommerhalder likes this.
    08-26-18 10:44 PM
    Sure hope K3 has a camera better than before. This is the biggest pet peeve of k2 users. Let's face it, we got the apps, we got the keys and battery life, so how did TCL not figure out that the lifestyle aspect of the phone is it's weakest point, albeit the most unused in their pov, disproven with the flood of camera k2 threads.
    08-27-18 12:26 AM
    Good point. Though the camera personally satisfies me, I keep harking back to the same idea that $100 more on the price tag would have changed absolutely nothing in terms of sales and made a few more people really happy. And the KEY² LE would have been released for those who care less about high specs and would have gladly picked up a phone with a significant price difference.
    chrispmoto likes this.
    08-27-18 05:21 AM
    They why did they choose dual lens camera and support portrait mode in the first place if their so-called "target demographics" don't even care about it?
    Nowhere in my comment do I say targets don’t care, just that priorities are ordered in a certain way.
    08-27-18 05:28 AM
    Nowhere in my comment do I say targets don’t care, just that priorities are ordered in a certain way.
    Certainly, even if TCL does not offer dual lens and does not support portrait mode, fans still will buy it just with KEYone camera and quality.

So again, why did they choose those features in the first place if it is not trying to compete other slabs, and attract more users?
    08-27-18 05:37 AM
    Certainly, even if TCL does not offer dual lens and does not support portrait mode, fans still will buy it just with KEYone camera and quality.

So again, why did they choose those features in the first place if it is not trying to compete other slabs, and attract more users?
    BBMo/TCL focused on staying with price target. Perhaps, software updates can improve some issues. Everything can’t be priority #1 at introduced price.
    08-27-18 05:43 AM
    BBMo/TCL focused on staying with price target. Perhaps, software updates can improve some issues. Everything can’t be priority #1 at introduced price.
    The problem is they chose the camera and features first but couldn't deliver a good quality, which may or may not purely depend on the software.

Are you saying because they needed to stay with price target, then decided to provide a half baked software, which it hopes buyers won't notice it and make improvement if it is noticed and not if it doesn't get caught? Especially when they don't have track records to have better cameras in the past.
    08-27-18 05:59 AM
    And since it is ArcSoft who provides the camera solutions. So it looks like BBM needs money first from buyers to pay for the future improvement when the software is only half delivered with their cash reserve.

If it is not the case, then WHY couldn't it offer a decent camera software at launch?
    08-27-18 06:08 AM
    The problem is they chose the camera and features first but couldn't deliver a good quality, which may or may not purely depend on the software.

Are you saying because they needed to stay with price target, then decided to provide a half baked software, which it hopes buyers won't notice it and make improvement if it is noticed and not if it doesn't get caught? Especially when they don't have track records to have better cameras in the past.
    Saying that’s how it ended up, not planned. Look at other Android OEMs and compare their early second and third devices. Camera and it’s software are regarded as higher complexity and develop over time with OEMs.

BBMo/TCL figured camera was good enough for target market. It’s no different than not offering a VKB, flagship specs or competing on price with similar other spec’d VKB hardware. They can’t please everyone so they please those who they can please in their priority ranking. If they’re wrong, they’re wrong. Surely, they’re not trying for Android OEM domination especially in the cheap knockoff market of devices carriers won’t inventory.
    08-27-18 06:13 AM
58 123