Hey, everyone! It's been ages since I last posted on the forums here.

I wanted to let you all know I ordered the US variant of the BlackBerry Key2 Red Edition as soon as it was available. I got mine through Best Buy. Best Buy says it should work on Verizon. Amazon listing says no.

I fired up my camera and recorded the results of an active Verizon SIM on the Key2 Red Edition out the box.

Results: It worked for me!

I'll use it long term and report back should service continue flawlessly, or if I encounter any problems.

Link to video:

UPDATE 5/12/19:
    Good news is voice and data work flawlessly.
    Bad news is sms/MMS is broken, and hotspot won't work.

I did my own comprehensive review on it here:
    Last edited by Kiddo_24; 05-13-19 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Update
    04-24-19 09:15 PM
    Good stuff. Please also report back about the keyboard, if it has any issues. There are some open threads you can find where people have complained.

Also, please do a detail review. I’d like to see how it looks like up close in a video, the keys etc.
    Crusader03 and Kiddo_24 like this.
    04-24-19 09:21 PM
    Hey, everyone! It's been ages since I last posted on the forums here.

I wanted to let you all know I ordered the US variant of the BlackBerry Key2 Red Edition as soon as it was available. I got mine through Best Buy. Best Buy says it should work on Verizon. Amazon listing says no.

I fired up my camera and recorded the results of an active Verizon SIM on the Key2 Red Edition out the box.

Results: It worked for me!

I'll use it long term and report back should service continue flawlessly, or if I encounter any problems.

Link to video:
    Did you activate with VZW directly with VZW knowing device was Key2 and not the LE version?
    04-24-19 09:46 PM
    I used the active SIM of my Samsung Note 9.
    04-24-19 09:58 PM
    I used the active SIM of my Samsung Note 9.
    Thank you for the reply.
    04-24-19 10:14 PM
    Yep that is good news...

Some said they heard that Verizon was going to offer the LE in JUNE as was announced in January, and that along with that they would be supporting the KEY2 as well via BYOD. Either way it's great you got it to active and don't have the texting issues that others were facing early on.
    04-26-19 01:18 PM
    This is great news! I'm waiting for a small sale on this device.

Might have to pull the trigger on the KEY² silver or black if this is the case. Want the atomic but man $700 is a touch steep.
    05-02-19 08:33 AM
    This is great news! I'm waiting for a small sale on this device.

Might have to pull the trigger on the KEY² silver or black if this is the case. Want the atomic but man $700 is a touch steep.
    Especially for a year old phone with no clear understanding of how much longer it will be supported. One more year of patches or two years... makes a difference.
    05-02-19 09:00 AM
    Especially for a year old phone with no clear understanding of how much longer it will be supported. One more year of patches or two years... makes a difference.
    I am usually rotating my devices every 12-18 months. I'm betting the KEY² and the LE are supported for another year or 2. Then I'll be looking towards the KEY3. My wife knows how much of a BlackBerry fanatic I am so she expects me to snag the new device when it drops.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-03-19 07:57 AM
    I am usually rotating my devices every 12-18 months. I'm betting the KEY² and the LE are supported for another year or 2. Then I'll be looking towards the KEY3. My wife knows how much of a BlackBerry fanatic I am so she expects me to snag the new device when it drops.
    All possible....
    05-06-19 02:44 PM
    Hey, everyone! I updated the OP with my conclusions using the Red Edition on Verizon. =)
    05-14-19 12:52 PM
    Hey, everyone! I updated the OP with my conclusions using the Red Edition on Verizon. =)
    What app you using for sms? I use the messages app and sms/mms works perfect for me.
    05-14-19 04:38 PM
    I use the same one.

I believe the network settings might have been tripped by Verizon themselves. I'm in the Los Angeles area where they are deploying the 5G network. Last weekend, for example, service was fluctuating all over the place across all my devices due to tower maintenance.
    05-14-19 06:13 PM
    I use the same one.

I believe the network settings might have been tripped by Verizon themselves. I'm in the Los Angeles area where they are deploying the 5G network. Last weekend, for example, service was fluctuating all over the place across all my devices due to tower maintenance.
    Check my latest post in the Verizon waiting room forum, you likely need some provisioning done on your account.
    05-15-19 06:25 AM