Now that the EU has been pressing Google into action to get their act straight, I was wondering if TCL will grab the opportunity to deliver their phones without the spyware and adware pre-installed. I'm sure a portion of the users would at least appreciate the opportunity to buy this option, perhaps as a menu item that enables us to pay for a less intrusive and privacy friendly BlackBerry experience.

If anything, this would most definitely set BlackBerry apart from the other Android manufacturers with a tangible security and privacy feature.
    CrackPriv and FF22 like this.
    10-21-18 05:10 PM
    Just don't buy an Android phone if you don't want Google 's addon. EU ruling is crazy. Can't have it both ways.
    melhiore and Laramie50 like this.
    10-21-18 05:22 PM
    You can still buy the variant from China that doesn't have Google Services.
    10-21-18 05:33 PM
    Right, so the question is: whom would you rather have spy on you? Google or China?

Posted via CB10
    melhiore likes this.
    10-21-18 05:34 PM
    Right, so the question is: whom would you rather have spy on you? Google or China?

Posted via CB10
    Technically everything is sourced from China. So you can run but you can't hide.
    10-21-18 10:24 PM
    Technically everything is sourced from China. So you can run but you can't hide.
    That doesn't mean they're actually spying on you. If it did, then they wouldn't insist on replacing all of Google's services with their own.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-18 11:38 PM
    That doesn't mean they're actually spying on you. If it did, then they wouldn't insist on replacing all of Google's services with their own.

Posted via CB10
    That's because they don't want anybody else to spy on you.
    It's their cake and they want to eat all of it
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-21-18 11:39 PM
    Now that the EU has been pressing Google into action to get their act straight, I was wondering if TCL will grab the opportunity to deliver their phones without the spyware and adware pre-installed. I'm sure a portion of the users would at least appreciate the opportunity to buy this option, perhaps as a menu item that enables us to pay for a less intrusive and privacy friendly BlackBerry experience.

If anything, this would most definitely set BlackBerry apart from the other Android manufacturers with a tangible security and privacy feature.
    ???
    10-22-18 01:58 AM
    Just don't buy an Android phone if you don't want Google 's addon. EU ruling is crazy. Can't have it both ways.
    It's not actually, you'd have to read both articles to understand. Besides that: now it's possible, so yes you can have it both ways. I'm just asking if TCL will take the opportunity (and slightly hoping someone with influence will read).
    10-22-18 02:15 AM
    Tl;dr answer -- Odds are nothing will be different.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-22-18 12:47 PM
    no market for a non-Google phone outside of China. Putting another SKU out there will never bring profit back to BB/TCL. 99% of OEMs will just accept Google's payment for search and Chrome that offsets the charge for the Playstore and associated services and nothing will change.
    10-22-18 01:42 PM

You mean this TCL?

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...e-users-angry/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...plications_in/
    BigAl_BB9900 and PantherBlitz like this.
    10-22-18 02:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Russians
    10-23-18 03:12 PM
    Sure. Apparently there's a Russian phone with Sailfish OS.
    10-23-18 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, the question is if at some point I can get Android without Google spyware pre-installed now that Google is obligated to provide this option to manufacturers.
    10-24-18 04:28 AM
    Android is essentially Spyware at its core. If you think Google will just give away all that intellectual property without something in return you are fooling yourself. How do you think they pay for all that development?
    10-24-18 07:14 AM
    How do you think they pay for all that development?
    By licensing their OS?

https://www.androidauthority.com/how...ndroid-669008/
    nst6ldr likes this.
    10-24-18 08:30 AM
    Thank you.

Android is essentially Spyware at its core. If you think Google will just give away all that intellectual property without something in return you are fooling yourself. How do you think they pay for all that development?
    Look, if you're not going to bother reading the articles I linked in my post then please don't respond. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about nor have the intention to read up on it. Your post holds no value like this.
    10-24-18 08:56 AM
    Did you read the article?

According to the article you provided Google makes the bulk of their revenue on Android from 3 sources.

1) Advertising and Click Through on Android
    2) Charging App Developers on the Play Store
    3) Advertising on YouTube, Google Maps, Gmail, etc.

If you follow the math it cost Google 11 Billion in that year to support Android.

Of course those figures aren't confirmed by Google.

Clearly Spyware is their main revenue on Android and without it Android wouldn't survive.
    10-24-18 08:59 AM