Hi all,

I have been using a BBF100-6 Key2 (Dual SIM but only one SIM installed) for about 3 months. Current Kernel 4.4.78.

WiFi used to be pretty stable until I accepted OTA upgrade ABI067. Since then, WiFi has become highly unstable. Phone either cannot hook network even when standing next to the router, or can't remain connected for more than minutes.

I have made no modification to my WiFi router and all my other WiFi devices work beautifully. Happens on any network anyway so I really think this is a phone issue.

Clues anyone ?
    12-04-18 03:37 AM
    This is a known issue with ABI067. However, there is no fix yet, restarting is the only option.
    12-04-18 06:32 AM
    maybe we may have to wait for blackberry to resolve the issue

Posted via CB10
    12-04-18 06:35 AM
    This is a known issue with ABI067. However, there is no fix yet, restarting is the only option.
    Restarting the phone ? The router ?
    I've done both already anyway, with no significant result.
    12-04-18 08:26 AM
    Restarting the phone ? The router ?
    I've done both already anyway, with no significant result.
    Every time, the WiFi will not connect or find your network, you will have to restart your Key2. Yes, it sucks restarting your phone 5+ times a day, but that's just how it is right now.
    12-04-18 10:14 AM
    when I first got my key2 a week back, im experiencing similar wifi issues. set wifi, went out, came back home and the hone just cant connect to the wifi, have to restart to reconnect. I thought my unit was defective. Then ABJ755 OTA came in and after that upgrade, the wifi problem is gone
    12-05-18 11:57 PM
    when I first got my key2 a week back, im experiencing similar wifi issues. set wifi, went out, came back home and the hone just cant connect to the wifi, have to restart to reconnect. I thought my unit was defective. Then ABJ755 OTA came in and after that upgrade, the wifi problem is gone
    Very encouraging ! How can I know when ABJ755 will be deployed ? I just did an update check but there are non available.
    I bought my phone outside of a carrier so I should not be affected by a carrier upgrade policy.
    12-06-18 02:46 AM
    should be available by now coz the 755 is november update

*would like to insert screenshot but no idea how to do it
    12-06-18 03:59 AM

*would like to insert screenshot but no idea how to do it
    Press "volume down" and "power" buttons simultaneously to take a screen shot.
    12-06-18 04:14 AM
    I have the same problem, and am thankful to know that the device is not a defective one.
    I am also on the ABI067 update. My phone shows the system as upto date, and even if I click on check for updates I don't see any newer updates that I can install!
    12-06-18 06:46 AM
    I have the same problem, and am thankful to know that the device is not a defective one.
    I am also on the ABI067 update. My phone shows the system as upto date, and even if I click on check for updates I don't see any newer updates that I can install!
    12-06-18 06:46 AM
    Hi all,

I have been using a BBF100-6 Key2 (Dual SIM but only one SIM installed) for about 3 months. Current Kernel 4.4.78.

WiFi used to be pretty stable until I accepted OTA upgrade ABI067. Since then, WiFi has become highly unstable. Phone either cannot hook network even when standing next to the router, or can't remain connected for more than minutes.

I have made no modification to my WiFi router and all my other WiFi devices work beautifully. Happens on any network anyway so I really think this is a phone issue.

Clues anyone ?
    Unfortunately the latest update ABJ755 don’t resolve the problem for me...
    12-06-18 08:32 AM
    Unfortunately the latest update ABJ755 don’t resolve the problem for me...
    I would love to at least try it. How did you get it ?
    Does BlackBerry deploy OTA differently according to countries ?
    12-06-18 08:34 AM
    I would love to at least try it. How did you get it ?
    Does BlackBerry deploy OTA differently according to countries ?
    I got it by OTA about 2 weeks ago now and not resolve this issue. I live in Thailand for information.
    12-06-18 08:38 AM
    A lot of devices haven't received the November update yet, including mine. See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354 if your device is supposed to have had it already.
    12-06-18 12:05 PM
    Same here. Only I just bought the device, immediately updated and never knew WiFi once WAS better. If they don't release November or December update by next week (or if that doesn't fix it), I'll return it. Not possible to work with a device with WiFi that unstable. What makes me angry is that phone support either doesn't know about it or misleads users on purpose: I shall do a full reset of the device...as if that would be able to fix anything ...
    12-06-18 04:57 PM
    Press "volume down" and "power" buttons simultaneously to take a screen shot.
    Hehehe yeah I learn how to take screenshot from other thread, just dont know how to insert it into my reply. Im using the same crackberry app (sorry for off topic)
    12-06-18 05:45 PM
    Hehehe yeah I learn how to take screenshot from other thread, just dont know how to insert it into my reply. Im using the same crackberry app (sorry for off topic)
    Yehey just found out Reply with quote allow me to it attached pic. Anyway, it seems there is another version of november update. And this one fixes wifi problem as per that thread
    Attached Thumbnails Wifi sucks after latest OTA upgrade-14699.jpg  
    12-07-18 08:39 AM
    I am still having same issue and I am on the November update.
    12-10-18 06:45 PM
    I believe @Yan974 has already reported the lasted update has resolved the WiFi issue.

I never encountered it on mine but perhaps it has something to do with certain routers. In fact the November update fixed my phone's ability to connect to 5GHz.

PS: I also have BBF100-6
    12-11-18 04:09 PM
    I have received ABL911 OTA upgrade like 10 days ago. WiFi problem really seems solved.
    Thanks for everyone's input.
    12-31-18 03:47 AM
    How does a company release a phone then screw up WIFI which only the whole world uses everyday on their devices. After the 911 update my WiFi does not work at all. I swear the amount of issues with the Key2 for Bluetooth and WiFi which are both critical is unreal. these are the Basics!!!
    12-31-18 10:02 AM
    After last update Vodafone Spain ABL911 on KEY2 BBF100-1 can't connect to wifi... never had this issue before! while my Z10, Passport SE, PRIV and KEYone connect perfectly. This needs to be fixed ASAP!
    01-05-19 06:02 PM
    First everybody complains the updates don’t come out fast enough..... then everybody complains when they’re not properly reviewed or break stuff.... I’d suggest 32 minute reboot. Seriously though, on KEYone, I’m on ABM something, is Key2 behind ?
    01-05-19 06:42 PM
    It's not a complain it's a fact. Right after update the WiFi no connection started. KEYone with Dec security patch running perfectly. Issue is with KEY2.
    Reporting this helps BlackBerry there is an issue so they can find a fix.
    King_of_Limbs likes this.
    01-05-19 06:47 PM
28 12