Has anyone ever tried the restore modem to factory setting in ARDA>General system configuration>Provisioning, as a possibility rather than having to do all the steps? I'm curious but I already have Wi-Fi calling working.
    Attached Thumbnails Wi-Fi calling working.-screenshot_20190825-171915.jpg  
    08-25-19 04:25 PM
    Has anyone ever tried the restore modem to factory setting in ARDA>General system configuration>Provisioning, as a possibility rather than having to do all the steps? I'm curious but I already have Wi-Fi calling working.
    Yeah, I have tried that prior to all of the steps. It just resets the values to what they were when the device was originally configured. It doesn't install the original modem unfortunately (too easy). So if you mess around with the settings in ARDA and find that suddenly you have completely broken all communication, that restore is a life saver (I've done it multiple times lol).
    12-04-19 07:08 AM
    I was able to revert to the newest modem using the autoloader for the latest update provided by user conite on this forum. The specific link to his auto loader is https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...957.1566053842. I used the flashallnowipe.bat option which flashed the complete update and the latest modem while keeping my data. For those on TMO, I suggest using the digits app as it's more stable and consistent for wifi calling and texting on this device.
    Yes, you can use Digits app if you're on T-Mobile, and it will get you pretty much what most people are looking for. I'm not on T-Mobile though, well not the main brand anyways. Was on Ultra Mobile and now on Mint which uses T-Mobile towers. So I can't use Digits and had to find this way to enable it.
    12-04-19 07:13 AM
    Hi Summer Moon. Merry Christmas. I got another Key2 and tried to flash the ABA044 Modem but keep getting the command prompt message - waiting for any device. I tried to boot up the phone in FastBoot Mode but I just takes me back to the bootloader screen. Any ideas?

Thanks Josh
    12-27-19 12:41 PM
    it worked. sorry for that. had to follow directions. not always easy
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    12-28-19 01:04 AM
    I too tried it on my dual sim BBF100-6 and it seems like it disables sim2. Anyone ever get it working with a dual sim key2?
    01-03-20 03:09 PM
    Yes, you can use Digits app if you're on T-Mobile, and it will get you pretty much what most people are looking for. I'm not on T-Mobile though, well not the main brand anyways. Was on Ultra Mobile and now on Mint which uses T-Mobile towers. So I can't use Digits and had to find this way to enable it.
    Yeah you want to hear something ridiculous? I'm on MetroPCS, aka Metro by T-Mobile and I can't even use the Digits app. I'm on a company OWNED BY T-MOBILE and can't use a T-Mobile app!
    01-05-20 04:15 PM
    Just tried this on a new Key2 and after reboot the phone doesn't see the SIM card or any Wifi networks. I tried to do a factory reset, but not I am locked out of the phone as apparently the setup screen requires a SIM card or a Wifi connection to continue.

Any ideas how to fix or undo?
    Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I just tried the same thing and now my Celluar Network is not working HELP
    05-03-20 07:27 PM
    Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I just tried the same thing and now my Celluar Network is not working HELP
    what build number? you may need to re-flash just the modem in fastboot.
    05-04-20 05:03 AM
    First you'll need to enable Developer Options on your phone, and in the options scroll down to Debugging section and make sure that USB debugging and USB debugging in charging mode is toggled on.

Plug in your phone to your computer using USB (I've had flaky connection with some ports/cables, so might have to try the commands multiple times, or find the right combination for ports and cables for a stable connection). It should recognize the connection on the phone and make sure to select charge and data and then transfer files option on the phone when it's connected.

Download the zip file from this link https://mega.nz/#!V5owHArY!yPCQCcmXR...GqiTmPtMxiUz-M and extract to a directory on your computer (doesn't really matter where as long as you know where to find it). Navigate to the folder where you extracted it to. Then hold your left shift key and right-click in the folder (empty space) and choose open cmd prompt here (might say powershell instead of cmd prompt depending on your Windows setup, either will work).

Once at the shell (it should show that you are in the folder where you extracted the files) you will want to run the following commands (without the quotes):

".\bin\adb devices" this should show you what devices are attached to your computer, the first time you run it, it should start up the service. I always run it again after it starts the service to make sure the phone is listed as an attached device.

".\bin\adb shell settings put global wfc_ims_enabled1 1" this will write a 1 to the wfc_ims_enabled1 flag in the global settings. Also, might be useful to get the SetEdit app on your phone and check the Global table and scroll to wfc_ims_enabled1 and see what it's at prior to writing it, there's a few other wifi calling and ims settings in that table, but all of mine were on (1) already except for wfc_ims_enabled1

The next portion is to write the ABA044 modem to your device. You'll have to disable any pin lock that you have on your phone in settings first. Then restart your phone into fastboot mode by holding power and volume down at the same time and keep holding it until it is in fastboot.

Then in your cmd prompt (or powershell) use the following command to write the modem (without quotes):

".\bin\fastboot.exe flash modem .\NON-HLOS.bin" this writes the americas modem, so you may want to make sure that you have the right PRD for this. My PRD is PRD-63825-003, I believe ABA044 should work for any BBF100-2 device. And of course you can try on a different one, but I have no way to guarantee it will work or be able to get your original modem back other than to download your autoloader and load it back onto your phone.

Then reboot your phone using the fastboot menu. Go back through the original set of steps and give wifi calling another try.

And that should be the complete number of steps/settings that I did on my device.

Thank you for this Summer Moon!!! This was driving me nuts because I just bought a Key2 for over 500 bucks after my Key One was smashed, and I need wi-fi calling. These steps should be a sticky note on this forum.

I stumbled a bit during these steps, this might help others.

1. I got the error "device offline" until I unlocked my screen
    2. I kept getting the error "device still authorizing" when trying to set the wfc_ims_enabled1 to 1. So then I installed the SetEdit app you mentioned and checked and wfc_ims_enabled1 was already set to 1. So I'm not sure if that changed it anyway, or my setting was already on 1 (btw, almost all my other settings were 0 and I left them that way, and it still worked).
    3. I recommend anyone doing this copy and paste the command lines instead of typing them out. I got an error because I had an extra space in the line, but it really didn't look like there was a space on my screen. Maybe because of font/screen settings or whatever. Anyway, copying an pasting prevents those errors.

Now a question - what about future modem updates? Will I have to roll back my modem update every time my Android software is updated?
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    06-09-20 09:30 AM
    Thank you for this Summer Moon!!! This was driving me nuts because I just bought a Key2 for over 500 bucks after my Key One was smashed, and I need wi-fi calling. These steps should be a sticky note on this forum.

I stumbled a bit during these steps, this might help others.

1. I got the error "device offline" until I unlocked my screen
    2. I kept getting the error "device still authorizing" when trying to set the wfc_ims_enabled1 to 1. So then I installed the SetEdit app you mentioned and checked and wfc_ims_enabled1 was already set to 1. So I'm not sure if that changed it anyway, or my setting was already on 1 (btw, almost all my other settings were 0 and I left them that way, and it still worked).
    3. I recommend anyone doing this copy and paste the command lines instead of typing them out. I got an error because I had an extra space in the line, but it really didn't look like there was a space on my screen. Maybe because of font/screen settings or whatever. Anyway, copying an pasting prevents those errors.

Now a question - what about future modem updates? Will I have to roll back my modem update every time my Android software is updated?
    Hey John!

Yeah there were a few things in there that I later discovered did not need to be done like you found with the wfc_ims_enabled1. The modem being rolled back to the original is really what does the trick.

In regards to future modem updates, the updates can be installed OTA (are they still releasing any updates? I expect them to stop at least by August, but already sold my Key2 so not sure) like normal. The only thing that you'll see happen is that you will get an error screen during the install. Don't worry it is all okay, it just doesn't like the modem not matching the version it is expecting and so it doesn't install the modem update. Everything else updates and installs, just the modem is not replaced. Which is good because then you do not have to go back through the steps. The only thing is after a restart you have to go in to the phone settings from the dialer to change the flag for wifi calling being enabled.

Otherwise everything else should be good to go.
    06-09-20 09:50 AM
    In regards to future modem updates, the updates can be installed OTA (are they still releasing any updates? I expect them to stop at least by August, but already sold my Key2 so not sure) like normal. The only thing that you'll see happen is that you will get an error screen during the install. Don't worry it is all okay, it just doesn't like the modem not matching the version it is expecting and so it doesn't install the modem update. Everything else updates and installs, just the modem is not replaced.

Apparently they are still releasing updates. Downgrading the modem worked fine for a few days. Then my phone started "complaining". Wi-fi calling would only work intermittently, and when it worked, it would take a long time to connect. And the wifi calling settings kept randomly changing. I figured my modem firmware must have updated, so I downgraded it again using your method, and now wi-fi calling is working again. I turned off automatic updates now.

So a question: How can I check what firmware my phone is currently using?

And one more possible nitpick - when I first followed the above instructions, pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time was enough to take me to fastboot. Now my phone will only go to fastboot mode if I completely power down the device first, then press Power + Volume down. I tried several times to make sure. It's possible it's due to a recent upgrade?
    Last edited by John Rohan; 06-16-20 at 03:17 PM.
    06-16-20 12:34 PM
    make sure you use the right modem for your prd though. I had to use the global one since mine is a uk phone etc
    Can you share where to get the global modem? I have a dual sim Key2 as well.
    08-05-20 05:09 PM
    Hi all,
    My carrier (TDC, Denmark) just announced that Wi-Fi calling is now possible. However, it does not work on my Key2. The carrier confirms that my phone number has the Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE option. They say the problem is my phone. Can somebody help me here ? I would like this feature enabled on my device, because the GSM network is poor in my area. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Thumbnails Wi-Fi calling working.-screenshot_20201023-121641.jpg  
    10-26-20 04:01 AM
    Hi all,
    My carrier (TDC, Denmark) just announced that Wi-Fi calling is now possible. However, it does not work on my Key2. The carrier confirms that my phone number has the Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE option. They say the problem is my phone. Can somebody help me here ? I would like this feature enabled on my device, because the GSM network is poor in my area. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Did you read the thread?
    10-26-20 11:17 PM
    Yes, I read it several times. But I am confused. As you can see from my screen short I am not able to toggle »Wi-Fi calling provisioned« on. Also, the IMS Service Status does not say: »registered«. But my carrier (TDC, Denmark) confirmed that my subscription has the Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE option.
    I read somewhere in the thread that rolling back the modem, would do the trick, but is that also an option, when I can't toggle Wi-Fi calling on ?
    I am really not a pro and I am sorry, if I'm asking silly questions, but I'd like to know, if anyone can help in my particular case ? The lack of Wi-Fi calling is driving me mad. Thanks in advance for your help/advice. J.
    10-27-20 04:00 AM
    Yes, I read it several times. But I am confused. As you can see from my screen short I am not able to toggle »Wi-Fi calling provisioned« on. Also, the IMS Service Status does not say: »registered«. But my carrier (TDC, Denmark) confirmed that my subscription has the Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE option.
    I read somewhere in the thread that rolling back the modem, would do the trick, but is that also an option, when I can't toggle Wi-Fi calling on ?
    I am really not a pro and I am sorry, if I'm asking silly questions, but I'd like to know, if anyone can help in my particular case ? The lack of Wi-Fi calling is driving me mad. Thanks in advance for your help/advice. J.
    For some reason WFC isn’t or wasn’t supported after certain update. It’s as if the network is blocking. Many speculated BBMo did crippled the feature or didn’t meet some industry requirement or pay come industry bribe or tax. Listed above in thread were some various attempted solutions.
    @Summer_Moon @fop518 @jcrutchvt2010

were/are very helpful regarding the attempted solutions
    10-27-20 07:56 AM
    If you want wifi calling you need to flash the modem from the original build (ABK I believe). Let me know if you need the link.
    10-27-20 08:06 AM
    For some reason WFC isn’t or wasn’t supported after certain update. It’s as if the network is blocking. Many speculated BBMo did crippled the feature or didn’t meet some industry requirement or pay come industry bribe or tax. Listed above in thread were some various attempted solutions.
    @Summer_Moon @fop518 @jcrutchvt2010

were/are very helpful regarding the attempted solutions
    @Jesper-Lutzow

As Chuck mentioned, you can try rolling back the modem to the original build. I believe jcrutchvt2010 might be able to provide the modem for your locale (ah, I see he has posted). The one I have posted in here is only for certain phones. It still might not work, but it's worth a try, and easy enough to revert back to "normal" if it doesn't.

If I remember correctly (it's been a couple years since I did this originally and no longer have a Key2) my WFC toggle was not available prior to downgrading the modem.

Anyways, I would give it a try if you're interestedin trying to get WFC working.
    10-27-20 08:13 AM
    Yes, I would very much like the link + a brief instruction in »how to do it«, if possible.
    I do agree this is a very friendly and helpful network. I became a BlackBerry user in January this year and this network has already helped me out several times, so thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it. J.
    10-27-20 08:17 AM
    Can you share where to get the global modem? I have a dual sim Key2 as well.
    jcrutchvt2010 probably has the modem you're looking for.
    10-27-20 08:17 AM
    Yes, I would very much like the link + a brief instruction in »how to do it«, if possible.
    I do agree this is a very friendly and helpful network. I became a BlackBerry user in January this year and this network has already helped me out several times, so thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it. J.
    The instructions you're looking for are the first few posts of this thread. The downgrading the modem is like the 11th post in here or something like that.
    10-27-20 08:20 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!!!! Post early and post often.......

When you reply, use “reply with quote” so person or people you’re speaking with realize you’re comments are specific for them. Others will still chime in.

Anyway, glad to have you here.... I’m not a technical guy, but you’ve got plenty of smart people here..
    10-27-20 08:22 AM
    @ Summer_Moon, thank you very much. I will give it a try, when @jcrutchvt2010 sends me the link. @jcrutchvt2010 thank you very much for responding to my problem. Appreciated.
    10-27-20 08:23 AM
    try this: https://mega.nz/file/pNcygbRZ#M1IuIQ...-HAjilHnQE2bls just plug into your PC and type fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin If it's successful, let me know. The original modems are hard to come by these days outside the americas version. This should be global.
    wasalph likes this.
    10-28-20 07:14 AM
137 ... 3456