Key2 will have capacitive navigation buttons. android P is coming. Wait for key3 to experience the old bb10 days.
    edylux113 likes this.
    05-29-18 08:47 PM
    KEY3 + Android P does sound like a match made in heaven. But that's still a good year away at the earliest, and us crackheads need to get our BB freak on so the KEY2 is the golden child for 2018. No skipping here!
    05-29-18 09:11 PM
    Man do I miss peaking into Hub with a swipe up and right! Also, I'm not convinced KEY2 will have physical soft keys. I think they're gone. they're not there in the teaser video and a few of the review hardware leaks don't have them.
    05-30-18 12:00 AM
    Skipping a BlackBerry? Why are you even here? 😉
    05-30-18 12:18 AM
    If enough people skip the Key2 there won't be a Key3. Support BlackBerry Mobile if you like the brand!
    05-30-18 12:32 AM
    If enough people skip the Key2 there won't be a Key3. Support BlackBerry Mobile if you like the brand!
    I'm in agreement here. I don't imagine TCL would want to gamble on a KEY3 if the KEY2 doesn't sell so well. I also think it's a bit early to be describing a hypothetical KEY3 as giving us "the old BB10 days".

I'm still really excited about the second new PKB device that's been rumoured, but given how there has been no significant information released about it i'm not building my hopes up. I know that the KEY3 you're referring to OP isn't necessarily the second PKB device that's been rumoured, but I would be more inclined to think that whatever PKB device may or may not come next isn't likely to be released too close to the release of the KEY2 or they'll simply be dividing sales between the two devices. I'm going to guess that if another PKB device comes out then it won't be for at least another year after the release of the KEY2...i'll eat my words with humble pie if i'm wrong!

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    05-30-18 01:35 AM
    Man do I miss peaking into Hub with a swipe up and right! Also, I'm not convinced KEY2 will have physical soft keys. I think they're gone. they're not there in the teaser video and a few of the review hardware leaks don't have them.
    Unfortunately the capacitive buttons are still there but they only turn on when the screen is used ala blackberry motion.
    05-30-18 03:44 AM
    Key2 will have capacitive navigation buttons. android P is coming. Wait for key3 to experience the old bb10 days.
    No thanks. ^^ I'll choose the KEY² instead.
    05-30-18 04:04 AM
    Exactly, buy both
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-30-18 04:16 AM
    And save our beloved keyboards!!
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-30-18 04:42 AM
    Android P still has the navbar it just doesn't have the square. So this doesn't guarantee BBMo will get rid of the capacitive navbar.
    05-30-18 05:38 AM
    Yes I agree to that. But that doesn't mean the brand can also **** any phone and I will buy into it just because I have to support their poor decision making.
    p1800nut likes this.
    05-30-18 06:37 AM
    I'm in agreement here. I don't imagine TCL would want to gamble on a KEY3 if the KEY2 doesn't sell so well. I also think it's a bit early to be describing a hypothetical KEY3 as giving us "the old BB10 days".

I'm still really excited about the second new PKB device that's been rumoured, but given how there has been no significant information released about it i'm not building my hopes up. I know that the KEY3 you're referring to OP isn't necessarily the second PKB device that's been rumoured, but I would be more inclined to think that whatever PKB device may or may not come next isn't likely to be released too close to the release of the KEY2 or they'll simply be dividing sales between the two devices. I'm going to guess that if another PKB device comes out then it won't be for at least another year after the release of the KEY2...i'll eat my words with humble pie if i'm wrong!

What I meant is at least getting close to what it felt like using bb10. If TCL wont sell enough Key2's I think they will still gamble on a third one simply because key1 was a success, so they know they still have a market of people always looking for a pkb device that has enough features to build their interest. Which to be honest the key2 doesn't have as much hype nor much innovation as the key1 did.
    05-30-18 06:42 AM
    they know they still have a market of people always looking for a pkb device that has enough features to build their interest. Which to be honest the key2 doesn't have as much hype nor much innovation as the key1 did.
    Actually that's true, you have a point there.

05-30-18 07:57 AM
    What I meant is at least getting close to what it felt like using bb10. If TCL wont sell enough Key2's I think they will still gamble on a third one simply because key1 was a success, so they know they still have a market of people always looking for a pkb device that has enough features to build their interest. Which to be honest the key2 doesn't have as much hype nor much innovation as the key1 did.
    Are you sure the KEYone was such a success? Maybe it wasn't and the K2 and K2 lite are the gamble to see if there is enough of a market to support year over year sales of BlackBerry PKB's. In my view if you want to see a K3, you had better buy a K2 and a K2 lite.

It's pretty clear that Android Secure isn't a selling factor, and I don't think enterprise needs BlackBerry... This is about the brand and the keyboard, will they support year-over-year sales?
    05-30-18 08:19 AM
    Are you sure the KEYone was such a success? Maybe it wasn't and the K2 and K2 lite are the gamble to see if there is enough of a market to support year over year sales of BlackBerry PKB's. In my view if you want to see a K3, you had better buy a K2 and a K2 lite.

It's pretty clear that Android Secure isn't a selling factor, and I don't think enterprise needs BlackBerry... This is about the brand and the keyboard, will they support year-over-year sales?
    The only official comment regarding "success" from BBMo was this (from Jan):

"BlackBerry launched the KeyOne in February 2017, and the initial plan was to sell it in around 10 to 15 markets. Less than a year later, it’s sold in more than 50 markets, and through 120 carriers globally. Hurn said BlackBerry underestimated demand by 50 percent."
    Last edited by conite; 05-30-18 at 08:54 AM.
    05-30-18 08:30 AM
    by key³ they will have reopened the maquiladoras for assembly skipping the Chinese tarifs to the US... watch out for the thin glue though…
    05-30-18 10:34 AM

Wait, what? The key² is really, for the most part, a key¹ all over again... Little change, me won't buy
    05-30-18 10:36 AM
    Wait, what? The key² is really, for the most part, a key¹ all over again... Little change, me won't buy
    If you believe that the 2 Galaxy S9 sensors in the dual camera, the 6GB of ram, and a bump to the next SoC tier is the same as the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, then sure.
    05-30-18 10:41 AM
    I buy one phone every four or five years. I don't see anything on the mobile phone horizon that will entice me to speed up my buying cycle.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Nonocrack and Qorax like this.
    05-30-18 10:51 AM
    I buy one phone every four or five years. I don't see anything on the mobile phone horizon that will entice me to speed up my buying cycle.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Fair point and completely understandable.

The rest of us will do our best to prop up the company so that there's still a BlackBerry device around when it's time for you to start a new device cycle!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-30-18 11:27 AM
    Oh yeah, and the Galaxy S9 is so so radically different from the Galaxy S8, right?

And the iPhone 8 is so not an iPhone 7 all over again, right too?

Oh wait... the above are so similar that virtually all accessories are interchangeable.

Oh, wait... I could actually say the same for virtually all slabs.

Every year, just minor upgrades. That's the smartphone market ever since Apple's iPhone.

Those that bring something different hardware wise, can be counted on one hand:

BB Mobile's physical keyboard

Moto Z Play with mods

And I guess you could throw in Samsung last year with keyboard attachments, especially the one for the Note 8 (which is super hard to find, early discontinued) which allowed the user to get both the PKB and stylus
    ppeters914 and tazcubed like this.
    05-30-18 11:39 AM
    If you believe that the 2 Galaxy S9 sensors in the dual camera, the 6GB of ram, and a bump to the next SoC tier is the same as the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, then sure.
    The physicality and experience will be the same, and my k¹ runs well... what would the K² do better that meets the human eye without tearing it open...? Also, would all that stuff use the battery and heat'r-up ??
    05-30-18 11:45 AM
    The physicality and experience will be the same, and my k¹ runs well... what would the K² do better that meets the human eye without tearing it open...? Also, would all that stuff use the battery and heat'r-up ??
    A camera does not use battery unless it's used. Unless you take thousands of pictures, there would be little differential impact of the dual lens.

The new SoC is more powerful, but is also more efficient, so it will be roughly a wash.

So, to you, only aesthetics is a reason to upgrade?
    tnewton3 likes this.
    05-30-18 12:04 PM
    A camera does not use battery unless it's used. Unless you take thousands of pictures, there would be little differential impact of the dual lens.

The new SoC is more powerful, but is also more efficient, so it will be roughly a wash.

So, to you, only aesthetics is a reason to upgrade?
    Call me a dumb consumer... I buy the phone to do what I ask it too. The prayers did what I asked it too but heated up and slow down and made the experience difficult. I love the proof format and features the way they were was fantastic. I want to the k1 because the prove would no longer charge by wire . the USB pumped out. It couldn't be repaired in a lasting way. So I switch to the k1 which I have smaller screen which is pleased me. They device works fine and of adapted to it. I have to do a lot more assuming to be able to see what I need to see. The speed of the device is satisfactory. It does what I need as is. So therefore do I need a Cadillac to replace a Chevrolet if the Chevrolet is running well. That's a question I have to ask and answer in regard to the cost of replacing the unit
    05-30-18 12:24 PM
73 123