I am on Verizon and have keyone, which I like. But it definitely lags and I'd love to buy a K2. What frustrates me about this process is the total silence from TCL / BB on whether a CDMA version will be coming out for Verizon's network.

Why can't there be an official statement stating the phone is going thru Verizon certification and they hope to have out by xx/xx/xx (or that the date is uncertain)? Or maybe a statement noting that no CDMA version will ever be offered on Verizon? Why leave Verizon peeps hanging?

Switching carriers is not an option. Verizon's coverage is superior and it matters.

Tom
    07-10-18 10:38 AM
    I'm pretty sure there is no sign of a CDMA variant Key2 for Verizon. If there was going to be a CDMA version released, I think we would likely already know about it.

However, if Verizon whitelists the Key2 for their network, the device may still work on Verizon. We are still waiting to see if that will happen.
    07-10-18 10:43 AM
    Because BBMo doesn't want to admit to anything that could be perceived as negative....

Pretty sure there isn't a CDMA KEYtwo coming.... but it could.

Most likely is Verizon will whitelist it and allow it to be used as an LTE only device (depending on your area that might work fine). Have to see if it will also qualify for Advance Calling features.

I expect that once device get picked up or delivered on Friday... that we will see.
    07-10-18 10:47 AM
    Kind of speaks for itself doesn't it? If there was something about VZW to announce they would have. You don't have many organizations announcing what they're NOT doing.. unless they got caught doing some shady stuff lol.
    07-10-18 10:51 AM
    Kind of speaks for itself doesn't it? If there was something about VZW to announce they would have. You don't have many organizations announcing what they're NOT doing.. unless they got caught doing some shady stuff lol.
    Do you know whether the device will be white listed by Verizon? Does Verizon let manufacturers know that they will white listing their device before doing so?
    07-10-18 10:54 AM
    Do you know whether the device will be white listed by Verizon? Does Verizon let manufacturers know that they will white listing their device before doing so?
    I wouldn't hang onto that hope. VZW isn't going to go out of their way if they don't have to. The best way to make it happen is to actually inquire with them. If they have folks calling and complaining, the might make some moves.
    07-10-18 10:57 AM
    I wouldn't hang onto that hope. VZW isn't going to go out of their way if they don't have to.
    Bummer. Thanks for your input on this! Verizon sure does make it hard to be one of their customers.
    phuoc likes this.
    07-10-18 11:00 AM
    First: there is no CDMA version of the KEY2 except the China variant which does not have Google Play Services and Verizon would never whitelist this variant.

Second: The BBF100-2 will work on Verizon if Verizon whitelists the phone which if that happens it will not be before the US release date (July 13th).

Third: Big Verizon discussion already going on in the forums in the Verizon waiting room...

Check back with the Verizon KEY2 waiting room for updates.

Side note: Verizon themselves already offer LTE only phones already because they are doing away with CDMA completely in a year or two.
    phuoc and bibbula like this.
    07-10-18 01:32 PM
    probably not enough sales volume for them to bother
    phuoc likes this.
    07-10-18 03:24 PM
    probably not enough sales volume for them to bother
    wouldn’t they need to bother to see if theres some kind of sales volume?

Sounds like the whole

“you need experience for this job”

“but I need the job to get experience!”

Situation
    07-10-18 04:19 PM
    wouldn’t they need to bother to see if theres some kind of sales volume?

Sounds like the whole

“you need experience for this job”

“but I need the job to get experience!”

Situation
    Or they can just see how many unlocked K1s are using their network. I am sure they have access to data and have made calculated moves.
    bibbula likes this.
    07-10-18 08:42 PM
    Let's set July 29th as the day to call Verizon to let them know we the people want the k2 on their network. Let's get organized to get results. Run the voice around.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-16-18 11:03 AM
    I wonder how many k1 cdma versions were activated under their network.
    07-16-18 11:21 AM