BBMo communicated that it had nothing in the pipeline for the immediate future. What company would then reiterate the same message that can’t really be spun in any positive manner? I suspect how the Key2 and Key2 LE finish up in the near future will determine next steps but it’s possible the BBMo licensing did what it was supposed to do. Alcatel/BBMo licensing is non-competitive for any company in a tight margin business. Interesting to note that if TCT really wants to make VKB/PKB hardware, it can using TCL/Palm without paying anyone licensing costs.

To everyone inside the PKB room, it sure does seem like there’s a lot of support. To everyone outside, do they even see the PKB room and those of us inside? Probably not....

About now is when @thurask brings up that all of us fit inside a minivan....
    Sure, I get your point Chuck. Mine was, advertising that all remaining units in all markets WILL get an upgrade to PIE surely can help market and sell units faster. What am I missing?
    07-19-19 08:48 PM
    Aye! There in lies the rub! Advertising heavily what does not exist in major markets is problematic at best. Plus the fact that there is no Buzz around PIE is also an odd way to not build excitement and enthusiasm for existing units in order to aid sales in markets that still have a few units left. All very odd behaviours for a company moving forward.
    Honestly i have not seen any marketing at all in the US where the devices are hard to find. Never seen any manufacture have "buzz" about an OS update other than Google and Apple. Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony etc have never made any big deal about a incremental OS update other than a small mention of "its coming in XXX quarter" perhaps and that is about it. They might make a statement once it is release and what devices its available on but again mostly right at the actual release time.
    07-19-19 09:10 PM
    Honestly i have not seen any marketing at all in the US where the devices are hard to find. Never seen any manufacture have "buzz" about an OS update other than Google and Apple. Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony etc have never made any big deal about a incremental OS update other than a small mention of "its coming in XXX quarter" perhaps and that is about it. They might make a statement once it is release and what devices its available on but again mostly right at the actual release time.
    Again, good points! However, with units to sell that only have 1 year of security updates left, wouldn't it be beneficial to play up any and all benefits of purchasing a unit that is half way through its update life cycle (EOL)? Again, what am I missing here boys?
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    07-19-19 09:16 PM
    Aye! There in lies the rub! Advertising heavily what does not exist in major markets is problematic at best. Plus the fact that there is no Buzz around PIE is also an odd way to not build excitement and enthusiasm for existing units in order to aid sales in markets that still have a few units left. All very odd behaviours for a company moving forward.
    The KEY2 and KEY2 LE were both very recently released in Australia so I figure that the BBMo Instagram page is also targeting the Aussies. Plus, it does keep up the interest for those of us who care. In a way it can also help to get a feel for what some of the most interested customers are thinking.
    07-19-19 09:52 PM
    The KEY2 and KEY2 LE were both very recently released in Australia so I figure that the BBMo Instagram page is also targeting the Aussies. Plus, it does keep up the interest for those of us who care. In a way it can also help to get a feel for what some of the most interested customers are thinking.
    Well, we all care! That's why we are here, hopefully! We can justify the perimeter marketing strategies in emerging markets and be correct. The core of the brand marketing, you must admit, is mystifying at best. That does not bode well in retaining established market share with very little concrete communication and offering (NA) in order for us to gladly hitch our wagons to.
    07-19-19 10:05 PM
    Well, we all care! That's why we are here, hopefully! We can justify the perimeter marketing strategies in emerging markets and be correct. The core of the brand marketing, you must admit, is mystifying at best. That does not bode well in retaining established market share with very little concrete communication and offering (NA) in order for us to gladly hitch our wagons to.
    It was a little disconcerting that I found no (US edition) silver KEY2s for sale when some extra $$ came my way so I could buy one (except for the 3rd party overpriced ones). I got a good used one but would have bought new. I almost bought a black one but I had my heart set on a silver one, it just looks so classy.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-19-19 10:19 PM
    It was a little disconcerting that I found no (US edition) silver KEY2s for sale when some extra $$ came my way so I could buy one (except for the 3rd party overpriced ones). I got a good used one but would have bought new. I almost bought a black one but I had my heart set on a silver one, it just looks so classy.
    Silver Rules! Black & Red Drools!
    07-19-19 10:22 PM
    LOL! Absolutely!
    07-19-19 10:27 PM
    Never seen any manufacture have "buzz" about an OS update other than Google and Apple. Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony etc have never made any big deal about a incremental OS update other than a small mention of "its coming in XXX quarter" perhaps and that is about it.
    There's actually quite a bit more than that, and the tech press covers those announcements widely and other discussion boards talk about it in detail much as is done here. You likely just don't notice because you spend most of your time here...
    07-19-19 10:28 PM
    LOL! Absolutely!
    Hey!
    07-19-19 10:33 PM
    I get your frustration as well, but I'm with Conite on this....not all of us have the same experience.
    Same... love my key2's

on the road with my BlackBerry
    07-19-19 10:46 PM
    Hey!
    Alright, one exception, but that's it!!!
    07-19-19 11:31 PM
    Alright, one exception, but that's it!!!
    07-19-19 11:45 PM
    There's actually quite a bit more than that, and the tech press covers those announcements widely and other discussion boards talk about it in detail much as is done here. You likely just don't notice because you spend most of your time here...
    I guess thats my point. CB Makes a big deal out of it and other forums for their respective brand but otherwise no one randomly on phonearena or mashable writes articles about how some random phones are getting Android X in 2 months and then another for 1 month or anything. Its not hyped like a Google or Apple event though
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-20-19 at 12:57 PM.
    07-20-19 04:55 AM
    It's all about PKB.
    And now i realize that i have a problem with my keyone spacebar.
    07-20-19 05:54 AM
    It's all about PKB.
    And now i realize that i have a problem with my keyone spacebar.
    You can buy a new keyboard for around $30.
    arif b santoso and the_boon like this.
    07-20-19 09:03 AM
    but otherwise no one randomly on phonearena or mashable writes articles about how some random phones are getting Android X in 2 months and then another for 1 month or anything.
    They absolutely do!

https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-A...5-V40_id115104
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/moto...llout_id117512
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...pdate_id116666
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/noki...pdate_id109348

Its not hyped like a Google or Apple event though
    Obviously this part's true, but that's because these updates are fairly routine and expected. It's not like the anticipation of Apple's WDC or Google I/O, sure, but there are still plenty of people looking for information and paying attention.
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-20-19 at 12:57 PM.
    07-20-19 12:30 PM
    Hey!
    Well, which one do you prefer, then?
    07-20-19 02:25 PM
    Well, which one do you prefer, then?
    I have the black!
    07-20-19 02:55 PM
    I think to be fair to BlackBerry that the poor quality creeped in with the Key2. I've said it before but I have a key one be And a key two be and two is garbage at the side of the one. yeah it looks expensive, but it bogs down and after a while that gets annoying considering its supposedly better than the 1. I'm back with my one and I'll keep it working for as long as I can.
    07-20-19 04:53 PM
    I think to be fair to BlackBerry that the poor quality creeped in with the Key2. I've said it before but I have a key one be And a key two be and two is garbage at the side of the one. yeah it looks expensive, but it bogs down and after a while that gets annoying considering its supposedly better than the 1. I'm back with my one and I'll keep it working for as long as I can.
    Not my experience - far from it in fact. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is pretty nice, but the KEY² blows it away.
    Sigewif and RegN like this.
    07-20-19 06:26 PM
    My Silver K2 was one of the many heavily plagued by PKB issues (there's a MEGA thread on it), that being said, it is better than the K1 in everyway except PKB. Truth be told, the many fixes have helped it immensely, actually usable, just still not the BlackBerry experience it should be. There must be something wrong with your K2 if it bogs down though! Mine will need a reboot every once in a while like any electronic thing, but other than that it is loads faster and smoother than my K1 was.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 07-21-19 at 12:24 AM.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-20-19 09:04 PM
    I guess thats my point. CB Makes a big deal out of it and other forums for their respective brand but otherwise no one randomly on phonearena or mashable writes articles about how some random phones are getting Android X in 2 months and then another for 1 month or anything. Its not hyped like a Google or Apple event though
    CB makes a big deal about it because this is supposed to BBmo's hub for information gathering and dissemination. Official support forum? Check. Site administrator cashing in on sponsorship dollars to help promote, market, and drive traffic. Check. Both missing in action in any discernible capacity. Check.

So instead we have subversive nonsense spewed by the usual suspects on these forums without a grain of substantial back-up but rather just hearsay. I'm sure the response bots will fire up their skip logic post generators as soon as this gets posted, but some insight into something as simple and fundamental as to whether or not the Keyone is getting 2 or 3 years of software updates would make for a great front page feature. I realize that its probably not as lucrative or as sought after as posting about Amazon Prime Day deals, but one can dream.
    John Albert and RK_BB like this.
    07-21-19 07:38 PM
    CB makes a big deal about it because this is supposed to BBmo's hub for information gathering and dissemination. Official support forum? Check. Site administrator cashing in on sponsorship dollars to help promote, market, and drive traffic. Check. Both missing in action in any discernible capacity. Check.

So instead we have subversive nonsense spewed by the usual suspects on these forums without a grain of substantial back-up but rather just hearsay. I'm sure the response bots will fire up their skip logic post generators as soon as this gets posted, but some insight into something as simple and fundamental as to whether or not the Keyone is getting 2 or 3 years of software updates would make for a great front page feature. I realize that its probably not as lucrative or as sought after as posting about Amazon Prime Day deals, but one can dream.
    It would be just dandy if BBMo provided Crackberry with the answers you're looking for.

But so far, nada.

TCL China HQ is a little tougher to crack today than some intern in Waterloo 5 years ago.
    chain13 likes this.
    07-21-19 07:49 PM
    What's wrong with the key2 pkb? i currently have a key1 and thinking of switching to k2.
    07-24-19 04:21 AM
128 12345 ...