Hang on. Justification is crafted as we speak!
    Social media is international. The LE is available in a number of regions/markets.
    @the_boon tola ya!
    the_boon and anon(10387168) like this.
    07-19-19 11:33 AM
    Social media is international. The LE is available in a number of regions/markets.
    Ok so according to BBMo, worldwide sales of the LE are satisfactory enough to not warrant anymore supply to one of their biggest markets?

I guess it must be selling like hotcakes in Europe (no sarcasm)
    07-19-19 11:38 AM
    Ok so according to BBMo, worldwide sales of the LE are satisfactory enough to not warrant anymore supply to one of their biggest markets?

I guess it must be selling like hotcakes in Europe (no sarcasm)
    It's not that. They are simply sending product to markets that are not already effectively saturated.

The KEY² LE just launched in Japan this month for instance. And in Turkey and the South Pacific last month.

Amazon Australia is about to launch the KEY².
    Last edited by conite; 07-19-19 at 11:58 AM.
    07-19-19 11:41 AM
    We were told back in Feb not to expect a new device before the end of the year. Apart from not repeating this over and over, I'm not sure what you'd expect to hear.

This panic only exists in this Crackberry bubble.

Yes indeed!
    bh7171 likes this.
    07-19-19 11:44 AM

Yes indeed!
    Naturally...its one of the only active fan sites....
    arif b santoso likes this.
    07-19-19 11:55 AM
    My post isn't about venting or healing. The reason for my post was twofold: to give potential new purchasers some information that might influence their decision, and to convey some voice-of-customer feedback to anyone from TCL/BBM who might read this so they better understand one component of why they are floundering.
    I understand what you are saying. Trying to talk with BlackBerry is like beating a dead horse, done that for a long time, tired of it and tired of arguing with 2 "die-hard" crackberian defenders on whatever issue is disclosed just responding with "meh" or "it's all good folks" mentality.

It is not good folks and you know it. Stop lying by trying to sell 3 phones and start demanding from BBMo TCL or whatever to start making damn good PKB smartphones not this pathetic parody ripoffs!
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 07-19-19 at 05:12 PM.
    07-19-19 12:34 PM
    As does any desire for a KEY3, though.
    07-19-19 12:35 PM
    Naturally...its one of the only active fan sites....
    Some of the comments here are quite laughable. Reminds me of Chamberlain's "Peace in our time" deal with a fellow named Adolf. No need for panic outside of this forum as there is next to nothing left to buy, the level of NA Carrier support was a fail compared to expectation, so very few even feel the loss. So what is it that is business as usual here, no need for panic and move along - nothing to see here? Fanboys and shills are so entertaining. We are the final line of defence for this Iconic Brand, yet all we get is alternative reality spin and from BBMo/TCL. BlackBerry 2019 reminds me of Homer's dramatic fall down the mountain, painful, lengthy and there for all to see.
    07-19-19 12:44 PM
    I haven't had that issue you are talking about capital letters. But major concern for me is security updates. I didn't receive any patch so far.
    07-19-19 12:53 PM
    What a truly stupid and emotional post. My K2 works great and has no issues whatsoever. My only complaint is I wish it had a bigger screen. Some people literally hunt for problems with their devices.
    bh7171 likes this.
    07-19-19 12:59 PM
    What a truly stupid and emotional post. My K2 works great and has no issues whatsoever. My only complaint is I wish it had a bigger screen. Some people literally hunt for problems with their devices.
    To OP's defense, let's not pretend he's not having an issue.

He is, and it bothers him that there is an issue with the main selling point of the device.

It's understandable.

However, when he said he'll just resort to typing on glass because of it, I asked if he feels that the frustration of going to glass will be greater than the frustration of the shift key occasionally not working.
    Typing on glass will always feel just as stale with each and every word, and that will never change.
    On the other hand, having a partially defective shift function will frustrate sometimes, but not all the time.
    RK_BB and Mecca EL like this.
    07-19-19 01:30 PM
    At this point IF sounds more accurate.
    Nah I think it's just a bunch of hyperbole and overreacting on many on these forums that something dramatic is happening with BlackBerry Mobile. I actually believe the KeyOne, 2 and LE have been some of the best BlackBerry phones released. I realize we live in a time where everyone wants everything now but the doom and gloom is a bit much. Just my .02
    Simon6333 and Sigewif like this.
    07-19-19 02:20 PM
    Let's wait and see.
    Key3 might be coming in the next months, and we will have many different topics about it or this site would be the second WebOS Nation.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-19-19 02:38 PM
    Key3 might be coming in the next months
    Not a chance. You are about 4 - 6 months away from any leak or benchmark sighting for which we have seen none.
    07-19-19 03:00 PM
    I am not sure if we will see another pkb phone or not. I am satisfied with Blackberry KEY² it is working well with some grief but I had grief with bb10 as well. Always easier to forget the issues and remember the good. I will agree with comment about the length of time it takes to get a capital by holding a key. Muscle memory from days done by tends to release the key before I actually get a capital. I actually believe that changed in some of these last kb updates. I dont remember having that issue when I first got the phone although I was dealing with the vkb popping up which really is not an issue any longer. If asked I would recommend the phone if you think you want a better typing experience then slabs give. I never push products I buy. What is best for me may not be best for you.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    07-19-19 03:32 PM
    Not a chance. You are about 4 - 6 months away from any leak or benchmark sighting for which we have seen none.
    If they have decided to forgo a lot of the carrier and regional relationships, they won't need nearly the same lead time.
    07-19-19 03:54 PM
    ....although I was dealing with the vkb popping up which really is not an issue any longer.....
    By way of disabling the swipe down gesture feature implemented by BlackBerry as a workaround to a most likely hardware or driver issue under the responsibility of BlackBerry Mobile.

While the issue no longer exists, it doesn't come without paying the price of losing a feature we paid for.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-19-19 03:54 PM
    If they have decided to forgo a lot of the carrier and regional relationships, they won't need nearly the same lead time.
    Please explain in more detail. Thank you.
    07-19-19 03:55 PM
    Would I recommend a Blackberry device to anyone ...based on the Blackberry Keyone Black edition the answer is definitely... yes

rock solid build , love the keyboard ..

what a shame the first batches of the Silver edition suffered from screens popping out and lagging due to lack of memory

If it had been launched as good as this ....I really think it would have been a great success...

excellent phone ....now has the Key2 improved over time like the keyone has ...for me , that is very important .....
    Sigewif and bh7171 like this.
    07-19-19 04:33 PM
    As for Key3 issue: I reckon there will be a Key3, eventually, but it will be both an anticlimax and a disappointment.
    07-19-19 04:57 PM
    I am not sure if we will see another pkb phone or not
    I'm sure there will be another PKB device, whether from BBMo or not.

For now, there is the F(x) Tec Pro 1 which is more of a reality than the Unihertz Titan at this point.
    07-19-19 04:57 PM
    I use the BE KeyOne, and have not experienced this issue.

Also note, when I type, the majority of my capital letters are the start of sentences. So a double space will enter the period and capitalize the next letter. Other times, when I need a capital, I type lowercase and the predictions will give me the upper case word and I use that.

But in your case, I would completely agree with you in your stance with your issues. If I ran into problems and the OEM says it's normal behaviour, I would not be pleased. The keyboard is the highlight of these devices. I would expect them to try to perfect it. My biggest gripe is when I hold a letter down to capitalize, it takes longer than I would like and it lists a bunch of 'options' for this letter. I just want a capital letter. BB10 (if I recall correctly) could capitalize faster, without a list of optional characters.
    I have had no problems with my KEYone or my KEY2. My capital letters come very quickly when I hold down the key. Also, I frequently use the optional characters because I am bi-lingual and need them for some of the words I type. For me it is an excellent feature.
    As for the OP, may I suggest that instead of saying "never", you say "highly unlikely at this point" or "not unless there is a change" or "unless I become very frustrated with typing on glass"-- just a suggestion.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-19-19 06:51 PM
    We were told back in Feb not to expect a new device before the end of the year. Apart from not repeating this over and over, I'm not sure what you'd expect to hear.

Agreed. I remember what they said in Feb. and pretty much am holding to that, Though, from a marketing vantage point, I think it would not hurt if they would drop a few hints. I get it that they are not keen on building hype about a new release that is half a year or so in the future when they are still actively marketing their current phones. But the supply of US KEY2 phones is pretty much gone now.
    It is worthy of note that BlackBerry Mobile's Instagram page is quite active, with new posts almost daily.
    07-19-19 07:13 PM
    Agreed. I remember what they said in Feb. and pretty much am holding to that, Though, from a marketing vantage point, I think it would not hurt if they would drop a few hints. I get it that they are not keen on building hype about a new release that is half a year or so in the future when they are still actively marketing their current phones. But the supply of US KEY2 phones is pretty much gone now.
    It is worthy of note that BlackBerry Mobile's Instagram page is quite active, with new posts almost daily.
    Aye! There in lies the rub! Advertising heavily what does not exist in major markets is problematic at best. Plus the fact that there is no Buzz around PIE is also an odd way to not build excitement and enthusiasm for existing units in order to aid sales in markets that still have a few units left. All very odd behaviours for a company moving forward.
    07-19-19 07:26 PM
    BBMo communicated that it had nothing in the pipeline for the immediate future. What company would then reiterate the same message that can’t really be spun in any positive manner? I suspect how the Key2 and Key2 LE finish up in the near future will determine next steps but it’s possible the BBMo licensing did what it was supposed to do. Alcatel/BBMo licensing is non-competitive for any company in a tight margin business. Interesting to note that if TCT really wants to make VKB/PKB hardware, it can using TCL/Palm without paying anyone licensing costs.

To everyone inside the PKB room, it sure does seem like there’s a lot of support. To everyone outside, do they even see the PKB room and those of us inside? Probably not....

About now is when @thurask brings up that all of us fit inside a minivan....
    07-19-19 07:33 PM
128 1234 ...