Dear co-Key2 users,

I was using ADB to disable system apps when i came across 'hidden' packages like:
    com.viber.voip.clone
    com.facebook.katana.clone
    com.pinterest.clone
    com.tumblr.clone
    com.facebook.orca.clone
    com.skype.raider.clone
    com.slack.clone
    com.reddit.frontpage.clone
    com.twitter.android.clone

The problem is that i can't delete them. Does anyone else have this 'problem' or fixed this bloatware problem? Or can help me with this?
    06-13-19 07:24 PM
    Evidently that's how the app cloner functionality is accomplished. Since they're system apps, DTEK is working around the clock to keep them installed.
    06-13-19 10:15 PM
    But the problem is that i never installed these apps. The phone had a full swipe and then i started with ADB
    06-14-19 02:02 AM
    But the problem is that i never installed these apps. The phone had a full swipe and then i started with ADB
    That's the point, they're included in the OS image because TCL wants them there.
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-14-19 05:25 AM
    My understanding is that if you have a dual-SIM phone, you have to have a "clone" app in order to be able to receive notifications from both SIMs, as normally these apps won't allow more than one instance to run at a time. The clone apps are the way around that. So, these "clone apps" are the result of TCL having to support dual-SIM phones.
    06-14-19 07:51 PM
    If I remember correctly their clone app implementation is just rebranding some other company's implementation (funny enough): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....parallel.intl

Although I can't remember if cloning apps is only for dual SIM TCL models or if single SIM can join the fun. My Samsung Note 9 is single SIM but can clone some messenger apps, for what it's worth.
    06-16-19 08:56 AM
    My understanding is that if you have a dual-SIM phone, you have to have a "clone" app in order to be able to receive notifications from both SIMs, as normally these apps won't allow more than one instance to run at a time. The clone apps are the way around that. So, these "clone apps" are the result of TCL having to support dual-SIM phones.
    So why are these packages installed on my non-dual-SIM KEY2 then?
    06-16-19 12:31 PM
    So why are these packages installed on my non-dual-SIM KEY2 then?
    Because not all of them require a dual-SIM in order to work. Most of them will work without, or if you're using a secondary phone number app such as Burner. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hoclabs.burner
    06-19-19 09:51 PM