BlackBerry Mobile already took a huge risk with the KEY series and quite honestly we don't even know if they are successful, meeting their goals and how sustainable their model is.

It is possible that if the trend will continue and they will revive this niche market we will also see an improved software experience.

There is a new Hub in Beta; you might want to sign up and check it out (if you are not already). While I am not a huge fan of what they did, I appreciate the effort. It shows that someone is indeed thinking about creating a better experience.
    Let everything go well, not like with BB10.
    I will say so I am a perfeccionist for this I liked the BB10 system so much and I hate how something is not working, I would do something different than I would do in Blackberry when it comes to Blackberry applications.
    01-05-19 05:51 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile already took a huge risk with the KEY series and quite honestly we don't even know if they are successful, meeting their goals and how sustainable their model is.

It is possible that if the trend will continue and they will revive this niche market we will also see an improved software experience.

There is a new Hub in Beta; you might want to sign up and check it out (if you are not already). While I am not a huge fan of what they did, I appreciate the effort. It shows that someone is indeed thinking about creating a better experience.
    I'm curious how many devs are working on the Hub and Launcher. 1 or 2 part time or.....? Anyone know?
    01-05-19 06:10 PM
    I'm curious how many devs are working on the Hub and Launcher. 1 or 2 part time or.....? Anyone know?
    I have asked this question before; we know of two that are involved and contribute here on CrackBerry. By the relative slow rate of development I can only assume that up to 3 for Hub and maybe 2 for Launcher.

Nobody knows for sure.
    mralgi likes this.
    01-05-19 06:13 PM
    How many cans in case of beer? Divide by 6 and should be close.....
    01-05-19 06:37 PM
    How many cans in case of beer? Divide by 6 and should be close.....
    Sounds about right!
    01-05-19 06:52 PM
    This post provides a pretty good review as to why we don't see the user experience developed in the direction discussed here.
    BigBadWulf and Luniz like this.
    01-05-19 07:17 PM
    This post provides a pretty good review as to why we don't see the user experience developed in the direction discussed here.
    1. I will tell you how to dump the Productivity Tab which is little used to a little polished and make the Hub to place Productivity Tab where it would be possible to pop the notification center.

2. The second thing is give the user the option whether he wants a button with three stripes and a beam at the bottom or top

3. Change the Hub gesture by dragging your finger from the top so that you can refresh the Hub and not that the window non-stop is opened from "Upcoming events" which is a mega annoying annoying.

4. Blackberry Launcher mega not working after the last update I had to install other icons for the first time than those offered by Blackberry because what it offers is kipa from users who do not leave money in this company, after the last update with icons such a mess made of nothing each icon almost different.

I do not know if it reads the biggest fan of Blackberry ie Mr. Kevin Michaluk but I say this: I use the Blackberry from the 9700 model and still have models 9700.9780, 9900, Palybook, Q10, Z30, Classica, Passport Black, Passport red, and now I use Blackberry Key1 and Key2 and I will say the last two models completely disappeared from the rest when it comes to Blackberry applications a lot of work before Blackberry so that you can with a clear conscience say right now replaced BB10.For now, Blackberry is like Google but not only where Google and not only knows what is better for the user than him, I will give a Google Chrome browser for example, I am asking why the address bar is at the top and not at the bottom under the thumb? for this I use a Kiwi browser the same is with applications from Blackberry where certain functions are imposed on the user even if it is not good for the user.
    01-06-19 02:49 AM
    I thought that joke only applied to BB10 updates since 10.3 was released?
    01-06-19 02:57 PM
    Dear @Zinqs LLC

As you can see in this thread as well as the one linked below, it looks like there is a good amount of people that are interested in seeing an email client combined with a launcher.

Ideally it would be done with Hub but not only you would need an API, it's probably best to avoid the outcome of the last attempt.

Is it possible to create a launcher that integrate an email and SMS client as one of its home screens?

Is it worthwhile to pursue a partnership with any of the large email clients out there and develop an API that can create a similar experience to the way Google Now feed is integrated with some of the launchers out there?

Interested in your opinion!
    /blackberry-key2-f472/opportunity-bb10-developers-1161629/
    mralgi and Vladislavt like this.
    01-06-19 06:32 PM
    We did exactly that with our Windows launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...esktop.windows. We are improving a lot on that. We want to provide multitasking ability of not just email, but to all office documents music player and what not. We already have foundation in our premium version and we are going to release Ultimate version in a week or so which will compliment the data with powerful interfaces. If you use a tablet, you will really enjoy it .

As far as doing it as a separate launcher with just email client and SMS, people just want about everything in a launcher. So just 2 features won't make them to stay in it.
    01-06-19 08:21 PM
    You should move on and do it android way - I have disabled hub and productivity tab because I was still trying to make it like BB10. Now it is much better (very bad comparing to BB10 workflow but better then trying to get used to android hub+p.tab), it even fixed some problems I had with BB10 Hub (for example - multiple identities works great in K9, I had to have multiple accounts in both hubs).
    I have a few icons on homescreen with notification badge counters so I do not need to see on notification shade to see where is something happening.

BBmo should have done it exactly like Microsoft Launcher and Evie Launcher.
    01-07-19 02:24 AM
    You should move on and do it android way - I have disabled hub and productivity tab because I was still trying to make it like BB10. Now it is much better (very bad comparing to BB10 workflow but better then trying to get used to android hub+p.tab), it even fixed some problems I had with BB10 Hub (for example - multiple identities works great in K9, I had to have multiple accounts in both hubs).
    I have a few icons on homescreen with notification badge counters so I do not need to see on notification shade to see where is something happening.

I actually use BlackBerry Hub only for emails. Rest are done in their respective apps through the notification tray, including SMS.
    I think the sooner you adopt the Android way of things, the better it is.
    01-07-19 06:54 AM
    I actually use BlackBerry Hub only for emails. Rest are done in their respective apps through the notification tray, including SMS.

I have to say, I agree with you both. For the longest time I have been trying to recreate the BB10 experience using Hub & Tab and it just doesn't work. Too many taps, too many window transitions, it just doesn't flow well.

I set notifications for the apps I care for to Urgent, that way I have the opportunity to manage them in real time while the device is in use. I just wish there was a way to adjust the display time of the notification; it's a little too short for me...

I still leave integrated apps in Hub as its a good place to go back to your list and look up any type of communication.

Work well so far!
    01-07-19 10:05 AM
    If they even just used the Hub widget on the Productivity Tab it would be so much better.
    But you can exactly do that : put the hub widget on the productivity tab, that way, you can access it from anywhere.
    01-07-19 11:57 AM
    But you can exactly do that : put the hub widget on the productivity tab, that way, you can access it from anywhere.
    Post # 14:

Hub widget is horrible on the Productivity Tab. It's too narrow, it only allows for message view and access and it doesn't sync in real time.
    Post # 20

That's also a design issue, if not a bug.

Widgets that default to a width of 4 fit in the Productivity Tab. However, widgets (like the Hub) that default to a width less than 4 can only be widened to a width of 3 after they are placed on the Productivity Tab.
    01-07-19 12:17 PM

Or you could install Fluid Navigation Gestures and set the gesture on the left to open the Hub. That way, you can access it from everywhere with just one gesture, like on BB10. Works really, really well.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-07-19 02:09 PM
    Or you could install Fluid Navigation Gestures and set the gesture on the left to open the Hub. That way, you can access it from everywhere with just one gesture, like on BB10. Works really, really well.
    You must have huge palms!
    01-07-19 02:27 PM
    You must have huge palms!
    I actually have small hands for a guy my age.
    01-07-19 02:29 PM
    I actually have small hands for a guy my age.
    Then you must hold your device with your left hand otherwise I can't see how you can reach the left side of the screen conveniently.
    01-07-19 02:34 PM
    Then you must hold your device with your left hand otherwise I can't see how you can reach the left side of the screen conveniently.
    Can you set a gesture on the left with Fluid? I set it on the left hand corner on the bottom 'cause the gesture bar is on the bottom.
    01-07-19 02:38 PM
    Can you set a gesture on the left with Fluid? I set it on the left hand corner on the bottom 'cause the gesture bar is on the bottom.
    And you turned off your navigation keys, right?

It all sounds really good but I don't like apps thay require accessibility service.
    01-07-19 02:42 PM

I have to say, I agree with you both. For the longest time I have been trying to recreate the BB10 experience using Hub & Tab and it just doesn't work. Too many taps, too many window transitions, it just doesn't flow well.

I set notifications for the apps I care for to Urgent, that way I have the opportunity to manage them in real time while the device is in use. I just wish there was a way to adjust the display time of the notification; it's a little too short for me...

I still leave integrated apps in Hub as its a good place to go back to your list and look up any type of communication.

Work well so far!
    Once again, I agree with you both. I am realizing its a lost battle. Unless Hub is integrated into the Launcher or the Productivity Tab becomes Hub any attempt to recreate a BB10 style workflow goes against the way Android is designed (love it or not) and in many ways become counterproductive on a device that supposed to promote productivity...

I even assigned the notification shade to my currency key! The furstarting part is that it comes at the expense of CTRL which I now need to get used to working without. That implementation by the way was not smart by @BlackBerry Mobile
    01-07-19 06:10 PM
    I am not interested in a bad replacement in the form of Productivity Tab only about the real Hub as it is in BB10.

You could have done instead of Productivity Tab it should be Blackbeery Hub in this place and it would be closer to what is in BB10
    Good luck man ✌️
    01-08-19 04:51 PM
    After a couple of days I can conclude that working the Android way is more fluid! No doubt...now I wish there was a way to summon all your unread notifications back to the notification tray; I feel that this should be an Android feature as clearing your notifications is a one way road as it stands.
    01-09-19 01:50 PM
    After a couple of days I can conclude that working the Android way is more fluid! No doubt...now I wish there was a way to summon all your unread notifications back to the notification tray; I feel that this should be an Android feature as clearing your notifications is a one way road as it stands.
    But it's always a one-way road. When I clear the notifications on any Linux DE, they're gone forever. Same goes for AmigaOS4. And same goes for LuneOS. And Windows 10. And I'm pretty sure it's the same on iOS. That's not to say it's good, just that it seems to be a common feature across multiple platforms.
    01-09-19 04:55 PM
52 123