Why does the Blackberry Hub not pop up like the Productivity Tab application where could you check your notifications from anywhere in the system?
    01-05-19 02:36 PM
    If you program the hub to the convenience key you could check your messages anywhere.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    01-05-19 02:43 PM
    Why does the Blackberry Hub not pop up like the Productivity Tab application where could you check your notifications from anywhere in the system?
    It's kind of the reason they made the Productivity Tab to simulate that BBOS function. Not a real substitute, but you can get to the HUB from the Productivity Tab by tapping a message.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-05-19 02:48 PM
    If you program the hub to the convenience key you could check your messages anywhere.
    I know but I mean the Hub as in the BB10 system and not that it assigns a Hub to a key
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-05-19 02:57 PM
    Yes I agree and realise what you mean but I guess for now the convenience key would be a handy alternative.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    01-05-19 03:00 PM
    It's kind of the reason they made the Productivity Tab to simulate that BBOS function. Not a real substitute, but you can get to the HUB from the Productivity Tab by tapping a message.
    I am not interested in a bad replacement in the form of Productivity Tab only about the real Hub as it is in BB10.

You could have done instead of Productivity Tab it should be Blackbeery Hub in this place and it would be closer to what is in BB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-05-19 03:03 PM
    I am not interested in a bad replacement in the form of Productivity Tab only about the real Hub as it is in BB10.
    Happy Hunting
    01-05-19 03:38 PM
    Look at posts # 377 and 400 in this thread.

I agree with you that the Productivity Tab experience is lacking; not only it is visually unpleasant, it is lacking features (mark read, unread, flag, forward etc) as well as doesn't properly thread SMS messages and does not display BBM messages.

Not only these bugs must be resolved but in order to provide for a visually pleasant experience it needs to at least resemble Hub in its design plus, in order to avoid making it feature rich it needs to open Hub on a full swipe which allow the user to peek and either release or fully swipe to further engage with messages and if that's not doable then the Hub tab icon should also allow opening Hub rather than only serve as a tab switcher.

A lot of work there in my opinion.
    Last edited by RK_BB; 01-05-19 at 04:22 PM.
    01-05-19 03:40 PM
    If they even just used the Hub widget on the Productivity Tab it would be so much better.
    skinnymike1 and Vistaus like this.
    01-05-19 03:41 PM
    I agree with you that the Productivity Tab experience is lacking; not only it is visually unpleasant, it is lacking features (mark read, unread, flag, forward etc) as well as doesn't properly thread SMS messages and does not display BBM messages.

Not only these bugs must be resolved but in order to provide for a visually pleasant experience it needs to at least resemble Hub in its design plus, in order to avoid making it feature rich it needs to open Hub on a full swipe which allow the user to peek and either release or fully swipe to further engage with messages and if that's not doable then the Hub tab icon should also allow opening Hub rather than only serve as a tab switcher.

A lot of work there in my opinion.
    Finally, someone also understands that Productivity Tab should be like Blackberry Hub

For 50 people who I know that uses Blackberry Key2 and Key1 and Motion, no one uses Productivity Tab because they say that it can not be used because it is completely unadorned, unfriendly to anyone would want such a Blackberry Hub for BB10 close to that.

In the same way, the Hub is not polished, for example: When entering the Hub, you move your finger down, it should be refreshing the Hub and not from the window that pops up the upcoming events.
    RK_BB and Vistaus like this.
    01-05-19 04:15 PM
    Finally, someone also understands that Productivity Tab should be like Blackberry Hub

For 50 people who I know that uses Blackberry Key2 and Key1 and Motion, no one uses Productivity Tab because they say that it can not be used because it is completely unadorned, unfriendly to anyone would want such a Blackberry Hub for BB10 close to that.

In the same way, the Hub is not polished, for example: When entering the Hub, you move your finger down, it should be refreshing the Hub and not from the window that pops up the upcoming events.
    Wait, wut? You know 50 people who use a BlackBerry KEY device? You've the man, man!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-05-19 04:19 PM
    If they even just used the Hub widget on the Productivity Tab it would be so much better.
    I agree with you.
    01-05-19 04:24 PM
    When entering the Hub, you move your finger down, it should be refreshing the Hub and not from the window that pops up the upcoming events.
    This was already suggested in post # 370.

There is a lot that was suggested; after all this thread amassed over 400 posts by now. Unfortunately though we are told that suggestions are listen to and reviewed, time and experience tell that very little is implemented.

In the end, though so much more can be done to improve the experience we are forced to accept Hub the way it's developers sees it.
    01-05-19 04:31 PM
    Hub widget is horrible on the Productivity Tab. It's too narrow, it only allows for message view and access and it doesn't sync in real time.
    01-05-19 04:33 PM
    Wait, wut? You know 50 people who use a BlackBerry KEY device? You've the man, man!
    At BBM, I have 300 people who use BB, including 50 close to me people who use key2 key 1 and Motion. What is so strange?
    01-05-19 04:34 PM
    There is a lot that was suggested; after all this thread amassed over 400 posts by now. Unfortunately though we are told that suggestions are listen to and reviewed, time and experience tell that very little is implemented.

In the end, though so much more can be done to improve the experience we are forced to accept Hub the way it's developers sees it.
    That's why so few new people want to go to Blackberry because there at Blackberry do not listen to what the people really want what works best just goes his own way which is not always good for the customer so does not get new customers.
    01-05-19 04:44 PM
    At BBM, I have 300 people who use BB, including 50 close to me people who use key2 key 1 and Motion. What is so strange?
    I just gave you a compliment and you're asking me "what's so strange"? Or did you not know what "you're the man" meant?
    *smh*
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-05-19 04:47 PM
    That's why so few new people want to go to Blackberry because there at Blackberry do not listen to what the people really want what works best just goes his own way which is not always good for the customer so does not get new customers.
    Could be! While some of the suggestions maybe complicated to implement, many are quite easy and they are still overlooked so perhaps you are right.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-05-19 04:47 PM
    Could be! While some of the suggestions maybe complicated to implement, many are quite easy and they are still overlooked so perhaps you are right.
    It would be great if they'd open source it. I know some people would not like that, but I think it would come in handy as devs from our community could contribute features like this through pull requests.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-05-19 04:49 PM
    Hub widget is horrible on the Productivity Tab. It's too narrow, it only allows for message view and access and it doesn't sync in real time.
    That's also a design issue, if not a bug.

Widgets that default to a width of 4 fit in the Productivity Tab. However, widgets (like the Hub) that default to a width less than 4 can only be widened to a width of 3 after they are placed on the Productivity Tab.
    01-05-19 05:01 PM
    Likewise, I do not understand the upper button of this one with three stripes, why is it above and not at the bottom under my thumb as it was in BB10? such small, inadequate farts are made up of us as steel users of BB phones, we feel a bit unsatisfied after using the BB10 masterpiece.
    Vistaus and skinnymike1 like this.
    01-05-19 05:10 PM
    Likewise, I do not understand the upper button of this one with three stripes, why is it above and not at the bottom under my thumb as it was in BB10? such small, inadequate farts are made up of us as steel users of BB phones, we feel a bit unsatisfied after using the BB10 masterpiece.
    Some say that they are playing it safe by designing apps that a broader audience will accept and understand how to use off the bat plus they have a traumatic history with BB10 which they are trying to stay away from.

The problem with this approach is they do not create a significant differentiation to the competition which leaves us with the broken Android nevaigation experience that everyone is used to at this point.

Creating a difference is a risk which I don't think BlackBerry is willing to take.
    01-05-19 05:19 PM
    It would be great if they'd open source it. I know some people would not like that, but I think it would come in handy as devs from our community could contribute features like this through pull requests.
    Oh man..that would be amazing but will also go against their stance on security .
    Last edited by RK_BB; 01-05-19 at 05:53 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-05-19 05:24 PM
    Some say that they are playing it safe by designing apps that a broader audience will accept and understand how to use off the bat plus they have a traumatic history with BB10 which they are trying to stay away from.

The problem with this approach is they do not create a significant differentiation to the competition which leaves us with the broken Android nevaigation experience that everyone is used to at this point.

Creating a difference is a risk which I don't think BlackBerry is willing to take.

But you can show people something to show an improved Android to a friendly user, show that the bar with three dashes should be near the bottom of the thumb than by moving your finger across the screen to the beam with three stripes.

If you are afraid to stand out and risk what they took for patching up Android, then there is a risk that people will not buy their safe Android.
    Vistaus and skinnymike1 like this.
    01-05-19 05:29 PM
    But you can show people something to show an improved Android to a friendly user, show that the bar with three dashes should be near the bottom of the thumb than by moving your finger across the screen to the beam with three stripes.

If you are afraid to stand out and risk what they took for patching up Android, then there is a risk that people will not buy their safe Android.
    BlackBerry Mobile already took a huge risk with the KEY series and quite honestly we don't even know if they are successful, meeting their goals and how sustainable their model is.

It is possible that if the trend will continue and they will revive this niche market we will also see an improved software experience.

There is a new Hub in Beta; you might want to sign up and check it out (if you are not already). While I am not a huge fan of what they did, I appreciate the effort. It shows that someone is indeed thinking about creating a better experience.
    01-05-19 05:36 PM
52 123