See the post above mine about redundancy and not having the need for a gesture when a physical key already exists. I disagree with that.
    Is completely eliminating a gesture feature really a reasonable compromise? I'm all for reasonable compromises, a toggle on/off for every individual gesture would be great. You said yourself you'd like to see the double tap for cursor eliminated. Also not a reasonable compromise because I use this feature daily.
    No doubt On/Off is a much better solution if it can be provided but if not, any gesture that is the subject cause of unwanted behavior otherwise and is designed to invoke a feature that is accessible in different ways however convenient need to be eliminated.
    05-15-19 11:21 PM
    I'm sorry the five of you have issues with the gestures, but I don't understand the need to do away with things that work fine for the majority of users. What about the swipe to delete, why not get rid of that since there's a physical delete key? How about removing the up/down/left/right scrolling gestures since there is already a touchscreen to do the same? Where does it stop? When all the gestures are removed your "issues" will be solved, but at the sacrifice of losing a lot of features a lot of us enjoy and have enjoyed since the passport. Why not just use an LE if you all are having such a hard time with the gesture based keyboard features?
    So you represent every other Key2 user now do you? Obviously this issue is on BlackBerry's radar, even if it's not on CrackBerry's "official" wish list. It's interesting how the original thread on this was closed, then re-opened, (to much fanfare, I might add) and yet somehow CB is oblivious to why BlackBerry has chosen to take a deeper look at it? A real mystery indeed...

As I already explained, there is a sym key for the sym menu. If there was an actual purpose to the downswipe, fine. In this case, there isn't. On the other hand, random menus popping up has been an annoyance almost since the Key2's release. I wonder how many RMA's it generated?

Some people may like it as is, even though it makes no sense. In that case why not at least have a toggle to turn it off or on? Or better yet, make it customizable so you can map it to a favourite keyboard feature. Same for the double tap. There is no inherent right or wrong when you are piling on functions just because you can.

Anyway, let's stick to constructive suggestions instead of trying to berate and belittle the people who are making them. There is nothing wrong with people who actually care and spend a lot of their personal time testing solutions voluntarily and sharing their results with BlackBerry, to having their voices heard. That is exactly who the BlackBerry Devs should be listening to!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-15-19 11:26 PM
    Anyway, let's stick to constructive suggestions instead of trying to berate and belittle the people who are making them. There is nothing wrong with people who actually care and spend a lot of their personal time testing solutions voluntarily and sharing their results with BlackBerry, to having their voices heard. That is exactly who the BlackBerry Devs should be listening to!
    THIS!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-15-19 11:33 PM
    So you represent every other Key2 user now do you?
    As I already explained, there is a sym key for the sym menu. If there was an actual purpose to the downswipe, fine. In this case, there isn't.
    I represent the Key2 users who use these gestures daily, including the swipe down for symbols and double tap for cursor. You may think there's no purpose in them existing, but there is, and has been, since the passport.
    I don't use the swipe up for word suggestions, hardly ever, and if it didn't exist I'd be fine without it. But I'm not saying it's useless or other people don't find it useful, because they do.
    I am AGREEING in a perfect world there should be a toggle for every individual capacitive feature. That way we can all customize the usefulness of these features on our own case by case basis.
    05-15-19 11:43 PM
    If the removal of the sym swipe gesture fixes the issues you are all having, then I support it and will live without the feature. I do not support removing any other gesture based features. As I understand it, the cursor mode pop up is no longer a major issue for most. So what more is left to be fixed? Beyond the swipe up word suggestion sometimes misfiring, which I don't notice as I don't use that feature often. It's just faster to type the word.
    anon(10387168) and Wrec like this.
    05-15-19 11:47 PM
    If the removal of the sym swipe gesture fixes the issues you are all having, then I support it and will live without the feature. I do not support removing any other gesture based features. As I understand it, the cursor mode pop up is no longer a major issue for most. So what more is left to be fixed? Beyond the swipe up word suggestion sometimes misfiring, which I don't notice as I don't use that feature often. It's just faster to type the word.
    Agreed, compromise within reason for fellow enthusiasts and all effected units is the BlackBerry we all remember.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 05-16-19 at 12:46 AM.
    05-15-19 11:55 PM
    If the removal of the sym swipe gesture fixes the issues you are all having, then I support it and will live without the feature.
    Thank you for the support! Much appreciated
    I do not support removing any other gesture based features. As I understand it, the cursor mode pop up is no longer a major issue for most.
    Still an issue for me but to be honest if it stays that way I am good all around.
    So what more is left to be fixed?
    Oh man, don't get me started
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-16-19 12:00 AM
    Oh man, don't get me started
    Loaded question, I know. Word substitution/personal dictionary bug is something that has bothered me since the Key1. I'm sure there are many other issues users would like to see fixed or improved if a new device eventually comes out.
    05-16-19 12:08 AM
    Loaded question, I know. Word substitution/personal dictionary bug is something that has bothered me since the Key1. I'm sure there are many other issues users would like to see fixed or improved if a new device eventually comes out.
    Pffff....are you crazy? I need to stay married. Going to sleep!
    gloommerchant likes this.
    05-16-19 12:09 AM
    May not be possible if it's hardware related.
    If it's hardware related, affected users should be issued a new device under warranty...
    05-16-19 05:38 AM
    If it's hardware related, affected users should be issued a new device under warranty...
    I personally exchanged 5 devices, all of which failed. I can attest to at least 10 more.

According to BlackBerry Mobile tech support it should be treated as a software issue though it is unknown whether the issue is indeed hardware or software related.

Doesn't make sense, I know. That's why there is a nearly 3000 posts thread on the matter.
    TheBond likes this.
    05-16-19 08:54 AM
    So what more is left to be fixed?
    Doesn't gloomerchant have a valid point here?

It seems to me there were 3 issues that required attention:
    - Originally, the cursor mode and symbol screen popping up while typing
    - then, more recently, the swipe-up issue.

The cursor mode and symbol mode issues were largely addressed (at least for me).

Then the May 10th beta app seemed to have fixed the swipe-up issue (by increasing the kb sensitivity?) but broke the swipe-down.

The May 15th beta app fixed the swipe-down (symbol screen issue) by removing the swipe-down gesture entirely.

So what's left on the to-do list?
    - monitor swipe-up
    - monitor the cursor mode
    - add an option to turn the the swipe-down gesture on/off.

Just my thoughts.
    Thinkbusiness likes this.
    05-16-19 09:36 AM
    Personally I don't use this feature since the 3 symbols I frequently use I have assign them in personal dictionary in the keyboard.
    however I find it an interesting feature and would be a pity to remove it
    05-16-19 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry just pushed a survey to Beta users with regards to swipe down feature symbols on KEY2.
    Do you use it?
    Would you miss it if removed?
    Would it be easy to adjust if removed?

Looks like some "second thoughts " before production release.

Great that BlackBerry is listening!
    Last edited by Rico4you; 05-17-19 at 02:09 AM.
    05-16-19 04:08 PM
    BlackBerry just pushed a survey to Beta users with regards to swipe down feature symbols on KEY2.
    Do you use it?
    Would you miss it if removed?
    Would be to adjust if removed?

Looks some "second thoughts " before production release.

Great that BlackBerry is listening!
    All swipe features need individual on/off toggles in settings.
    That is the only way forward to keep everyone happy.

I use the double tap cursor feature everyday - I'd be very disappointed if it was removed.

The swipe down for symbols is there from the passport because the physical key wasnt there. But with the physical key on the 4 row keyboard, it's redundant - but that doesn't mean it should be removed - just make it an option in settings.
    RK_BB, Rico4you, the_boon and 2 others like this.
    05-16-19 10:54 PM
    I sure hope you all filled out the Beta feedback survey.
    05-17-19 11:10 AM
    I sure hope you all filled out the Beta feedback survey.
    I can't speak others but I responded to the Beta feedback survey...

Bob
    05-17-19 11:40 AM
    I did too
    05-17-19 11:44 AM
    Wish I could but don't have google play and therefore can't participate in the beta.
    05-17-19 10:28 PM
    Agreed...

Bob
    Definitely features that don't work flawlessly
    05-18-19 12:46 AM
    Swipe feature is still there in latest update
    05-25-19 05:33 PM
    Removal of swipe down feature, someone mentioned already wanting to remove the double tap for cursor... next we'll just have a gesture free keyboard, aka an LE.
    Actually those who complained about the cursor mode and SYM button popping up, tried going LE route by turning off gestures. No way we were happy with turning off scrolling, double tap to select and highlight. So not even close to LE.

I really wish there was a better way but SYM feature was just a redundant feature since a physical button existed. Getting rid of makes life easy for those complaining it for almost a year. I in fact sold mine. Hopefully when everything is ironed out, I might come back. I didn’t want to be the beta tester for the device with no support.
    05-25-19 06:32 PM
    Actually those who complained about the cursor mode and SYM button popping up, tried going LE route by turning off gestures. No way we were happy with turning off scrolling, double tap to select and highlight. So not even close to LE.

I really wish there was a better way but SYM feature was just a redundant feature since a physical button existed. Getting rid of makes life easy for those complaining it for almost a year. I in fact sold mine. Hopefully when everything is ironed out, I might come back. I didn’t want to be the beta tester for the device with no support.
    Some people are linear thinkers. Unfortunately, that often prevents understanding other perspectives.
    TheBond and anon(10387168) like this.
    05-25-19 07:11 PM
    In my opinion the update is a step back. A maximum of 2 languagues doesn't make sense in what's supposed to be a business phone. It's not really clear to me why they reduced the languages supported when it was working fine before.
    Also wiping all the words learned for the past 2 years (II'm on Keyone black edition) wasn't that clever.
    05-28-19 01:18 AM
    In my opinion the update is a step back. A maximum of 2 languagues doesn't make sense in what's supposed to be a business phone. It's not really clear to me why they reduced the languages supported when it was working fine before.
    Also wiping all the words learned for the past 2 years (II'm on Keyone black edition) wasn't that clever.
    My opinion also. No it was working fine with 3 languages!!! Why the he'll have they done that? I have more issues now then ever before.
    05-28-19 06:01 AM
52 123