Title says it all. What device did you come from and tell me the pros and cons.
    And what are your thoughts. How does it perform compared to ..
    09-06-18 06:06 PM
    Title says it all. What device did you come from and tell me the pros and cons.
    And what are your thoughts. How does it perform compared to ..
    Went from a Galaxy S9+ to the Key2 jusr because of the Keyboard. Yes, I love physical keyboards that much that I gave up and sacrificed on a lot of things the Key 2 lacks like:

- Crappiest camera phone that I've seen to date
    - Crappy screen, can barely see anything in direct sunlight and at night it's just dill and not crisp

Other than that, I have no issues with the phone and I love it every day even more the more I type on it.

You see, in the past, when I used to get an email or a Whatsapp message, I would reply very briefly as I despite typing on touch screen keyboards. Now with the Key 2, I can type paragraphs very fast and accurately without thinking twice. It all boils down to what do you value the most? If you want a decent camera, then this phone is not for you, it's absolute rubbish.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-18 06:37 PM
    i like the keyboard and the image it conveys.

blackberry phones ooze wealth and power
    Jake2826 likes this.
    09-06-18 06:49 PM
    I went from an iPhone 8+ to the KeyOne, then to the Key2. The only thing I really miss about the iPhone is a stellar camera (K2 is fine - much better recently after updates - seems slightly better than an iPhone 7+ camera IMHO).

Love, love, love the keyboard on the K2.
    09-06-18 07:41 PM
    Went from a Galaxy S9+ to the Key2 jusr because of the Keyboard. Yes, I love physical keyboards that much that I gave up and sacrificed on a lot of things the Key 2 lacks like:

- Crappy screen, can barely see anything in direct sunlight and at night it's just dill and not crisp

Turn off adaptive brightness in sunlight and at night and you won't have that issue.
    09-06-18 08:14 PM
    i like the keyboard and the image it conveys.

blackberry phones ooze wealth and power
    Oozes wealth and power? What the hell kinda of twilight zone do you live in?

99.7% of the smartphone market does not use a Blackberry. There are a lot of very wealthy people using "Toy" phones.
    Mecca EL and john_v like this.
    09-06-18 09:50 PM
    Coming from a Pixel 2, a few features the Key2 has that I consider direct improvements:

Physical keyboard (obviously!)
    Two extra GB of ram
    Louder speaker
    Qualcomm 3.0 charging
    Battery life / larger battery
    SD card expandable memory
    Rubberized back / Durable construction
    Headphone jack
    FM radio
    About $200 CDN less expensive, taxes in
    Integrated BlackBerry apps + BlackBerry security features
    Brighter LED

Things that are more or less equal:

Screen size and quality
    Regular security updates
    Size and weight
    VoLTE support from carrier
    APTX Bluetooth audio

Things I miss:

Camera quality
    Overall hardware performance (boot-up time, app start-up and operations, etc)
    Stereo speakers
    Latest version of Android
    No capacitive navigation buttons
    Waterproof
    Last edited by panopticon; 09-07-18 at 09:21 AM.
    bobmoley likes this.
    09-06-18 10:06 PM
    Coming from Sony's XZ2 Compact. What I miss most: the front-facing dual speakers and the much brighter and sharper screen. Finger print sensor was impressive too, you barely had to touch it. Camera was nothing to write home about on the XZ2 and the KEY²'s suits me fine. Battery was just as good as the KEY²'s though.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 09-06-18 at 11:27 PM.
    09-06-18 10:36 PM
    Thinking of jumping to the Pixel 3.
    09-07-18 12:37 AM

99.7% of the smartphone market does not use a Blackberry. There are a lot of very wealthy people using "Toy" phones.
    Planet plein.

And The richest 1% now has as much wealth as the rest of the world combined, according to Oxfam so I think your stat ties in nicely with my theory.

Yes it's true, the BlackBerry embues it's owner with an aura of great wealth and power.

I feel immensely powerful when I sit on my commute with my berry judging people with their toy slabs.
    09-07-18 01:04 AM
    Planet plein.

And The richest 1% now has as much wealth as the rest of the world combined, according to Oxfam so I think your stat ties in nicely with my theory.

Yes it's true, the BlackBerry embues it's owner with an aura of great wealth and power.

I feel immensely powerful when I sit on my commute with my berry judging people with their toy slabs.
    Exactly. A Blackberry is a statement. But take into account that only 1% will understand it.
    kellpurk and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-07-18 01:13 AM
    Exactly. A Blackberry is a statement. But take into account that only 1% will understand it.
    And that's why I love it
    09-07-18 01:16 AM
    I like being different. With a Blackberry Android in Spain that is 100% guaranteed!
    09-07-18 01:23 AM
    I like being different. With a Blackberry Android in Spain that is 100% guaranteed!
    Is that because most of the natives don't yet use mobile phones?
    09-07-18 01:25 AM
    eh?
    The PKB is dead and anyone that sees me with one says they're old fashioned or "do they still make them?" the usual crap.
    Spain is a massive per capita market for phones, that's why the annual world mobile fair is held here in Barcelona.
    skinnymike1 and FF22 like this.
    09-07-18 01:30 AM
    eh?
    The PKB is dead and anyone that sees me with one says they're old fashioned or "do they still make them?" the usual crap.
    Spain is a massive per capita market for phones, that's why the annual world mobile fair is held here in Barcelona.
    Oh I see. Will have to Google Spain, things have clearly moved on
    09-07-18 01:47 AM
    Oh I see. Will have to Google Spain, things have clearly moved on
    Yes, Franco is dead, the King abdicated and his son in law is in prison for fraud, Catalonia wants independence, there are more miles of high speed train than anywhere except Japan, and the food, drink and weather are as good as ever.
    Check it out. Great place for holidays.. the main industry!!! ¡Olé !
    09-07-18 01:53 AM
    I'm on the Key2 now. I came from a Note 8/iphone 8 Plus. I can honestly say this Key2 is just as fast as both of those and has the unique factor going fo it.

Pros:

Keyboard - what can I say? Easily my favorite keyboard since my PP SE. I actually even prefer this one on the Key2.

Size - I always said if BB smashed the PP SE and the Classic into one, it would be the perfect phone! Well here it is for me.

Call quality - imo this has better call quality than any other phones I've had. Just my opinion.

Battery life - amazing! I can get thru a whole day (unplug at 6:30am and plug back in at 12am) and still have 40-50% left. I'm not a heavy user but email/text a lot throughout the day and night.

Uniqueness - I've always liked being different and this is my perfect way. People at the bank, restaurants, etc....are always commenting on how awesome my phone is and they didn't know BB was still in biz lol.

Cons are none imo.

Screen quality - I'm perfectly happy with it. It does all I need.

Camera - not much of a pic guy, and my wife takes 99.99% of all pics with her iPhone X and sends them to me. 7/

IP67/68 - even when I had this option on other phones, I am real good about keeping my devices away from water and dust.

That's about it for now, I'm still using the Key2 as my daily driver and am loving it more and more every day.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-07-18 02:59 AM
    I came from S9+. However I kept going back to the S9+ for two reasons:

1. IP68. This turns out to be my biggest gripe. I knew from the beginning that the K2 has no IP rating. But I live in a rainy area, and I just can't give up the carefree experience I have with the S9+ in regards to rain protection. I golf alot and with the K2, I can no longer just throw my phone on the golf cart tray without worrying that the rain might destroy the phone

2. The camera. I know a lot of people claims that the K2 camera is fine. I agree to some extent, and even compared to my wife's iphone7 , they are pretty much on par. However, after getting used to the quality photos that the S9+ can take, it is really difficult for me to go back and look at the pictures the K2 produces..

other than these two issues, I agree that the K2 is one fine phone to use.
    09-07-18 04:41 AM

Yes... but those wealthy people aren’t letting everyone know how superior they are since they’re not oozing it all over the place.
    09-07-18 05:59 AM
    Yes, Franco is dead, the King abdicated and his son in law is in prison for fraud, Catalonia wants independence, there are more miles of high speed train than anywhere except Japan, and the food, drink and weather are as good as ever.
    Check it out. Great place for holidays.. the main industry!!! ¡Olé !
    But are there indoor bathrooms yet?? Sheesh.........
    john_v likes this.
    09-07-18 06:01 AM
    8Plus.

Key1 now 2 used as my work phone. It's what everyone says late to game and specs.

Was on a mini vacation, things I found right off the start. Made me put the K2 away for good on Labor Day long weekend was.

1. Pool, usually listen to radio, speakers stink. Switched to iPhone and had a more pleasant convo with while on speaker or listening to music/radio.
    2. Camera is pretty bad
    3. Display for the price is pretty bad too. Not pleasant in sun or other conditions
    4. was afraid to spill any water on it....for a work device and $ they could have done something with some waterproofing...maybe not possible with a pkb..which is unfortunate.

The good; nostalgia? Keyboard, BB, the look and feel is nothing that is out there and people constantly ask me what phone it is and where can they get one.

They are not there yet. Wait for k3. but if that jumps another $100 for just cycle update then I will never buy one again. Specs/experience does not justify the price. They should have had more improved features to warrant premium price. Everything aside, you can grab an iPhone 8 for $50 more and on carrier financing that all bias aside blows this phone away. Thats pretty much it. It becomes a brand and pkb loyalty.
    09-07-18 07:44 AM
    But are there indoor bathrooms yet?? Sheesh.........
    Lol @ Chuck. And I thought Windsor ON was a low point for you. As for Spain, I won't even ask...
    09-07-18 09:36 AM
    Coming from the HTC U11 (sd 835 4gb ram) and honestly I enjoy the Key2 over the U11. It really comes down to if you prefer a PKB.

U11 -
    *bigger and better screen
    *better video quality
    *best sound quality and headphones
    (that come with purchase) on the
    market
    *better front facing camera
    *squeeze feature is slightly better than
    convenience key imo
    *ip67

Key2-
    *PKB (obvious)
    *better build quality
    *shortcuts and speed key
    *security

Outside of those features (for me) there aren't too many major differences. The U11 has a better spec sheet, but I don't see any real difference in response, speed, or ram management. You see a bunch of knocks on the camera and rightfully so, but the key2 has outperformed my U11 in most shots with the exception of some indoor shots and most low light/night time shots. Outside and naturally lit environments, the key2 wins 95% of the time. the other 5% is due to the lighting being so bright it washes out colors and will have a reddish hue. With all that being said I'm happy with my key2. I also go through phones like crazy. In three years I've went from BB Passport to BB Classic to HTC 10 to the U11 and now the Key2.
    09-07-18 11:49 AM
    I had BBs from the 8800 to the Bolds, then the Z30 then my first Android. the Slider and then Note 2 to my final Android, the Note 8.
    I bought the Key2 instead of the Note 9.
    very simple reason... after 5 years, I still can't type properly on glass. I need the PKB. don't care about cameras, don't care about apps. I've kept my Note 8 on Verizon if I want to do Note 8 things like games, movies and pics/videos. I use my T-Mobile account for the Key2, which is my main phone now.
    09-07-18 02:59 PM
38 12