I pre-ordered mine on the 29th, and it still doesn't have any shipping information and Amazon has confirmed they are out of stock and don't know when they will be able to ship it. I ordered the black model.

I was able to get a discount from Amazon though so if you're in the same boat, definitely reach out their customer support staff and let them know you are not happy about your preordered device not being available. I initially they offered me a discount of 10%, but I had heard they were giving other people 20% and asked for the same and they gave it to me. It's a good concession I think, but I'm still unhappy about not having my new phone. Hopefully this will help someone else!
    07-14-18 05:44 PM
    I ordered mine on Best Buy literally around 1:00 am on the 29th. In fact, it was still the 28th in the west coast as shown in the email confirmation I received.

Yesterday I received an update email indicating that the order is delayed until Aug. 12th.

What is the point of "pre-ordering" if you can't get the product pre-ordered on release date?

Just canceled my order....let BlackBerry Mobile work the kinks out and maybe then I will re-consider....maybe when I can reasonably order one and get it a couple of days later...

If anyone at BlackBerry Mobile read this and care, you could have got me (and perhaps others too) if you delivered on time.

Now I got "cold" because of an unpleasant experience and from a "hot" lead I became a "maybe".
    07-14-18 06:22 PM
    I reached out, and all they could do was give me a $5 credit. I decided to cancel the order once they refused to do any more than that.
    07-14-18 06:23 PM
    There are a number of posts in various threads here on CB from people who pre-ordered a KEY2, either through Amazon or Best Buy, who are experiencing a delay on getting delivery on the date originally scheduled. Truly unfortunate and it's the same issue people who ordered a KEYone had to deal with. Shouldn't be happening this go around with the KEY2 in my opinion.

Yes it sucks you have to wait what appears to be maybe a month to get yours but you are getting a 20% savings which ain't too shabby... 👍

Bob
    07-14-18 06:26 PM
    while your scenario does indeed suck, 20% is pretty sweet, I would almost wait a month for a 20% discount.
    07-14-18 06:36 PM
    My Silver K2 from Walmart Canada is on route. Sorry to hear your difficulties.
    07-14-18 07:13 PM
    I preordered amazon 6/29 3:37 am. I refreshed every 15 min to make sure I was one of the first to preorder because of the keyone fiasco. Mine has still not shipped but they have guaranteed me that it will be delivered on monday. Ive spoken to 3 or 4 reps, asked about the 20 percent off but they tell me im getting phone when I should so they dont know why its a problem and wont give me the discount. They did refund my overnight shipping cost and have given me 25 dollars in credits now. It sucks and I was frustrated but ill hopefully have phone on monday. Its not the end of the world and I suggested to mgmt that they ship in order received in future instead of being as cheap as possible and only shipping to closest locations of warehouses that had stock.
    07-14-18 07:26 PM
    I pre-ordered the black KEY2 on Best Buy (US) on 6/29 and it shipped on 7/12. I received it via UPS on 7/13 (the release date).
    Last edited by trombetta; 07-14-18 at 07:52 PM.
    Adam Matlock likes this.
    07-14-18 07:41 PM
    Is it a question of color choice? I ordered my silver K2 via bestbuy on 7/5 and it arrived on Thursday morning. The original delivery date was Friday, but I guess they managed to find some room in the truck that went out on Wednesday night from the UPS hub.

I read a bunch of complaints about people pre-ordering on the first day 6/29 and getting the order delayed. Were those all black K2s? Or is it dependent on the delivery area?
    07-14-18 07:48 PM
    I pre-ordered a silver one on the 29th, they said it will be here Monday, but when I asked customer support if it actually would be since they didn't charge my card, they said there weren't any in stock and I'd have to order again when there were. Then two hours later they charged my card, so I'm not sure what's going on.
    07-14-18 07:56 PM
    Is it a question of color choice? I ordered my silver K2 via bestbuy on 7/5 and it arrived on Thursday morning. The original delivery date was Friday, but I guess they managed to find some room in the truck that went out on Wednesday night from the UPS hub.

I read a bunch of complaints about people pre-ordering on the first day 6/29 and getting the order delayed. Were those all black K2s? Or is it dependent on the delivery area?
    mine was a black KEY2 from Best Buy. from my non-scientific study, it appears to me that more people had problems with Amazon than Best Buy, although there are several Best Buy complaints as well
    07-14-18 08:12 PM
    I have also seen problems from people who ordered from Best Buy.
    07-14-18 08:36 PM
    It seems scattered. I've seen a few people complain about black ones, and also region as well. Seems like the silver either had higher stock or anticipated demand to fulfill the orders. I don't know what the formula or ratio is, but people with both phones are having issues.
    07-14-18 08:37 PM
    Awesome. Hopefully you like it. I'll be glad when mine finally gets here one day.
    07-14-18 08:37 PM
    I'd ordered the silver from Amazon.com on the 29th and got caught up in the delay. Finally at 6:08 thus evening they emailed me with shipping update... expected to ship between August 6-30. Uh huh.
    Last edited by burbunny; 07-14-18 at 10:07 PM.
    07-14-18 09:43 PM
    I didn't order from Amazon until 7/6 and I just received an email that the expected delivery date is now between 8/7 and 8/31. I checked with customer service yesterday and all I got was a $5 credit.
    07-14-18 09:53 PM
    I would keep pushing. They initially offered me 10%, and then I said I wanted 20%, but they said no. Then I wrote back again and told them that they were low-balling me because I knew they were giving other people 20% discounts and they caved and gave me the same thing. Maybe being persistent helps. I would try again.
    burbunny likes this.
    07-14-18 10:06 PM
    I would keep pushing. They initially offered me 10%, and then I said I wanted 20%, but they said no. Then I wrote back again and told them that they were low-balling me because I knew they were giving other people 20% discounts and they caved and gave me the same thing. Maybe being persistent helps. I would try again.
    Try using the escalation option. When you get the post-call survey, say that the agent did not resolve the issue. You can then be connected to a higher - level agent whose job is not to read scripts but to solve problems and keep customers happy. That's what I had to do.
    07-14-18 10:09 PM
    I did all of mine through email. I've heard of people having success both ways.
    07-14-18 10:11 PM
    Finally received an estimated delivery date tonight of August 6th-30th. Spoke to two very unhelpful representatives on Amazon chat support. First one's solution was to offer to cancel my order then after escalating to the supervisor was told that since there was no guaranteed ship date on my initial order email it was my fault for not understanding that or expecting to receive a pre-order in a timely manner.

I'm honestly starting to regret even bothering to order the KEY2.
    07-15-18 12:31 AM
    Everyone here that feel disappointed should take their frustration to BlackBerry Mobile Instagram account.

Here on CrackBerry we are isolated to our own audience which not only can't help but have no tools to push BlackBerry Mobile to do the right thing which is to come right by those who placed their order when the "pre-order" window opened only to find that no delivery is going to take place anytime soon.

Social Media is the only place BlackBerry Mobile care to promote its brand, and this is exactly where those types of complaints should be raised otherwise you, myself included, will be continued to be dragged along and give a sour taste to an otherwise an experience we all really looked forward to.

It's business! The reseller were very quick to take your money only to back out of their commitment to supply timely most likely due to their vendor lack of the same so don't feel bad, do it, on every single post and at the very least, if BlackBerry Mobile decide to ignore your posts at the very least they will get the message and try to do better next time.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-15-18 02:36 AM